U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 07:53 AM

14 posts, read 34,294 times

Advertisements

Ever heard the story that if you dont have sex with a few people before getting maried you will wonder what it feels like and it might lead to cheating, I can see some truth in this and it bugs me seeing that my girl that I want to get engaged with turns out to be my first and only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 08:35 AM

11,280 posts, read 11,183,081 times
Then again if you havent been with various and sundry partners you wont know what you might be missing if the spouse isnt all that in the sack.

Old 08-21-2008, 08:38 AM

355 posts, read 938,281 times
Nothing to compare it to. I dont think I would be bothered if my first had become my husband. It only has to happen once.

Old 08-21-2008, 08:45 AM

1,717 posts, read 4,794,500 times
I somewhat agree. I don't think I could have been with a girl long term if I didn't know she had at least some experience, just to get the curiosity out. Some girls may be different, but I think the majority of them would always wonder what it's like with other guys. I may not even lead to infidelity, but they would always be curious. I'm not saying she has to run through the entire football team either, but I think it's good that she at least has a few fairly long term boyfriends. That way they can at least break her of bad habits before you're stuck with her.

Old 08-21-2008, 08:48 AM

3,490 posts, read 5,125,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmhgtfgsdj View Post
Ever heard the story that if you dont have sex with a few people before getting maried you will wonder what it feels like and it might lead to cheating, I can see some truth in this and it bugs me seeing that my girl that I want to get engaged with turns out to be my first and only.
Oh dear. As it happens I tend to agree that there is some sense to playing the field a little before settling down. BUT if you've found someone you want to spend your life with, why throw it away just to experience some other nookie which may not be as good as the nookie you already have??

Having said that, if you feel this way, maybe she's not the one for you after all. I think if you really wanted to get engaged you wouldn't be wondering about this. In 10 years you would start wondering, but not yet.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:09 AM

25,121 posts, read 26,902,286 times
There's a saying. Men take the number of sex partners they've had and multiply by three. Women take the number of sex partners they've had and divide by three.

Of course, if my wife had said she had fifty, I don't think I would have cared.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:12 AM

1,050 posts, read 1,874,203 times
You are a young guy - its normal for the idea of monogamy to scare you. But, what you need to ask yourself, is if you had slept with a bunch of chicks.. would it change your current feelings? I'm assuming you deeply love your gf if engagement is in the discussion.. so would the fact some girl you banged 3 years ago was slightly better in bed really cause you not to marry your gf? If the answer is yes, then by all means, break it off, you aren't ready to be married! But if, as I suspect, the answer is "of course not" then you just have some normal male curiosity.

Plus, there's no reason sex can't get better over time anyway!

Old 08-21-2008, 09:36 AM

11,280 posts, read 11,183,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in TN View Post
I'm not saying she has to run through the entire football team either, but I think it's good that she at least has a few fairly long term boyfriends. That way they can at least break her of bad habits before you're stuck with her.

LOL.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:38 AM

25,121 posts, read 26,902,286 times
Personally, I think the key is not having numerous sex partners after marriage.

Old 08-21-2008, 11:39 AM

5,078 posts, read 8,761,093 times
I think that you should try before you buy. By that I don't mean sleep with everyone who tickles your fancy but if you are in a serious relationship and it comes down to getting intimate, you should. I don't think it's a guarantee though that if you sleep with people before you get married that you won't cheat once married.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships