U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2008, 02:47 AM

14 posts, read 45,226 times

Advertisements

My friend has been dating his girl for 2 and a half years so being in the same boat we chat a lot and we came to the conclusion that it feels like all girls just dont care as much about guys as we do about them, we both know they love us just as much as we do them but they can be weird sometimes for example:

Seeing that at the moment they boath live far we decided to make a rule of not going out without each other but on occasions she will ask and really wants to go, I allow it not being an ******* and although she knows I dont like it she stil always go not mentioning till what time

They will not put nearly as much effort into seeing us as we would to see them

They find it fun to go out without us but I dont even enjoy a beer with my buddy if she is not around

They will change our plans to accomadate someone els, probly the more "nice" thing to do but I will not even think of it because she is always 1rst priority

It is like she loves you but does not show it although I know she does care

Is it maybe that girls just hide there emotions or do we as guys just care to much
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2008, 03:24 AM

16,225 posts, read 22,611,053 times
Hhmmm......
Women. Can`t live with them- can`t live without them!

Old 08-22-2008, 04:40 AM

314 posts, read 649,726 times
Maybe women and men show their love in different ways-

From your description it sounds like you and your friend need to explain a little more fully WHY you would prefer your gf not do some of the things you find hurtful/annoying? Sometimes one person sees things as not a big deal when it really is a MAJOR deal to the other person. Talking is a good thing and helping each other understand can save a lot of heartache. Good luck

Old 08-22-2008, 05:50 AM

30 posts, read 68,003 times
I agree, I don't think they show it in the same way men do. I am always alot more touchy feely and frequently will walk up and rub or carress them but do they ever walk up and do that? NO

Old 08-22-2008, 06:30 AM

1,238 posts, read 2,225,560 times
Don't not let her go out. That is the wrong move completely. Trust me, I am learning from this experience. You can't control people, as much as you wish you could. That just causes resentment.

Old 08-22-2008, 06:37 AM

5,077 posts, read 13,069,368 times
Women and men are completely different, they can't possibly love the same way. With women you get the emotional aspect and men have more of a physical aspect. You won't get the same reaction from the same situation from a woman or a man. I have gal pals all the time tell me they wish their man did this, or they wish he felt more emotion - I'm like look, you can't get that from a man, they are just built different! I love my man though!!!

Old 08-22-2008, 06:40 AM

128 posts, read 321,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmhgtfgsdj View Post
My friend has been dating his girl for 2 and a half years so being in the same boat we chat a lot and we came to the conclusion that it feels like all girls just dont care as much about guys as we do about them, we both know they love us just as much as we do them but they can be weird sometimes for example:

Seeing that at the moment they boath live far we decided to make a rule of not going out without each other but on occasions she will ask and really wants to go, I allow it not being an ******* and although she knows I dont like it she stil always go not mentioning till what time

They will not put nearly as much effort into seeing us as we would to see them

They find it fun to go out without us but I dont even enjoy a beer with my buddy if she is not around

They will change our plans to accomadate someone els, probly the more "nice" thing to do but I will not even think of it because she is always 1rst priority

It is like she loves you but does not show it although I know she does care

Is it maybe that girls just hide there emotions or do we as guys just care to much
wholly crap! i always thought it was the other way around!! i've always been the one sitting at home waiting for my boyfriend to get home from the bar. lol. now things are different, we are married and have a son. but always in dating i'd been the one that "cared" more.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:12 AM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,085 posts, read 11,455,793 times
IME, there is usually one person who appears to love the other more. I've found this to be true at various stages of the relationship, but especially at the beginning. Could be either party, man or woman. Note that I said appears.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:44 AM
miu

17,152 posts, read 34,653,229 times
I think that everyone, regardless of their sex, love differently. Sure men and women have different emotional wiring, but also factor in their childhood upbringing, their culture, their spiritual and moral values, their past relationship experiences plus all the relationships they have ever witnessed.

In my relationship, we both love each other deeply and neither of us mind the other one going out with friends on their own. We both realize that as a couple, we aren't now Siamese twins and that having other interactions with other people is healthy and necessary to our mental well being.

Doing things separately means more to talk about with each other later on. Plus absence does make the heart grow fonder!

Old 08-22-2008, 08:49 AM

2,397 posts, read 5,857,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
Don't not let her go out. That is the wrong move completely. Trust me, I am learning from this experience. You can't control people, as much as you wish you could. That just causes resentment.
Don't let her go out? Um...aren't you already in a world of hurt for trying to control your woman? This is the kind of behavior/attitude that puts you in the situation in which you find yourself...ALONE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or