Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 02:48 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,249,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Let me clarify this for you because you probably think I'm talking about all women that have short hair, and wear jeans. The look is fine, no problems with that.

I am talking about the butch women that I've met. They are aggressive, bossy, demanding, loud, controlling, rude, and obnoxious and I've seen them treat their husbands like dirt. Both of my parents have worked with women that have those butch traits described above and come and complain to me about it ...lol...and I say to them "I know, they are pests arn't they?" ..lol
I know a woman like the one you described and she is scary, her husband is "whipped" and probably deathly afraid of her...I know I am!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 02:52 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
It's also weird because they try really hard to behave like a man too........why ...lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
I know a woman like the one you described and she is scary, her husband is "whipped" and probably deathly afraid of her...I know I am!

Old 08-25-2008, 02:54 PM

Quote:
It's also weird because they try really hard to behave like a man too........why ...lol
I will probably catch heat for this, but I have seen the woman I am talking about wearing those high school gym coach shorts...remember the ones that are that nasty polyester and probably cause some nasty rashes? yeah, those!

Old 08-25-2008, 02:57 PM

52,252 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
I will probably catch heat for this, but I have seen the woman I am talking about wearing those high school gym coach shorts...remember the ones that are that nasty polyester and probably cause some nasty rashes? yeah, those!
I'm cringing as I type this.

Old 08-25-2008, 02:58 PM

she needs to visit the Oprah show asap for a make-over

Quote:

Old 08-25-2008, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm cringing as I type this.
Hahaha!!! Can you imagine how I feel having to look at her??? Gosh Chow, it's not ALL about you

Old 08-25-2008, 03:00 PM

Quote:
she needs to visit the Oprah show asap for a make-over
Or, What NOT to Wear with Stacey London...I love that show!

Old 08-25-2008, 03:05 PM

then she needs to be taken next door to Dr. Phil's show for some counseling on her butch attitude...

Quote:
Or, What NOT to Wear with Stacey London...I love that show!

Old 08-25-2008, 03:59 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,220,866 times
Quote:
You know I love you Hoboken, but I have heard lesbians call themselves, and each other terms like "butch", "lipstick lesbian" and some others that are sort of debatable

Personally, I do not like labeling anyone (even though I find myself doing it sometimes)...I mean, why does it matter WHAT someone is rather than WHO someone is? Maybe it is human nature to be able to distinguish...who knows. I am not Confucius
Lesbians call each other all sorts of names which they wouldn't find funny if it were being used in the negative sense by someone looking down on them.

Whatever, it's not a word I would ever use to describe someone I liked, but if you all are comfortable with it, then you feel free!

Old 08-25-2008, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
Lesbians call each other all sorts of names which they wouldn't find funny if it were being used in the negative sense by someone looking down on them.

Whatever, it's not a word I would ever use to describe someone I liked, but if you all are comfortable with it, then you feel free!
No, no, no...I do not condone the words nor do I use them. I find them crass and gross. Their use is not permitted in my home, but then again, no questionable terms about ANY group are used in my home without a nice, swift kick in the rear. There is no need for them. I was just putting my 2 cents in
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships