Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 11:34 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,307,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
If bartering is prostitution then we are all whores. It goes on ever so subtle between couples all the time. I dont see the problem. You got something I need, I got something you want, lets trade? Whats the big deal.
Touche. I'd even go as far as saying even some marriages is a for mof whoring. The only down fall to whorin' with different fellas is at the end of the day you aint got diddly if you don't take care of yourself were as with marriage you can take the old git to the cleaners and get him for everything.

Old 08-26-2008, 12:21 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,161,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, yeah, that's what I meant. Being another lola is not really in my nature.

The rest of the needs are best fulfilled paid. It's really tough when money's tight.
really? Because you don't even know me. I'm sorry i rubbed you the wrong way by doing whatever it was I did but common....grow up.

Old 08-26-2008, 12:39 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,520,004 times
Okay, maybe I am the only freakish woman on the planet who never uses sex or my sexuality as a tool. I do not deny my husband or offer him any more if he does something.

I personally do not see sex as something to use as leverage to get what I want. If I can't use my mind and my words to express my need for something than I will need to do some serious re-evaluation of my communication skills.

I wouldn't want my husband whipping it out every time he wanted something, so I would I subject him to that type of thing from me? I have never used my femininity to get what I wanted. I am far too good at negotiating.

I do think it's funny though that they are doing studies on this type of thing. Some people were raised with no morals. If I can't afford a plumber's bill, I will work out a payment plan, in which I pay with money. Etc.

Old 08-26-2008, 12:42 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Okay, maybe I am the only freakish woman on the planet who never uses sex or my sexuality as a tool. I do not deny my husband or offer him any more if he does something.
Yes, you are the only one and your no fun.

Old 08-26-2008, 12:45 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
really? Because you don't even know me. I'm sorry i rubbed you the wrong way by doing whatever it was I did but common....grow up.
Yes, you do rub me the wrong way and I've heard enough to form my opinion. As far as your advice, you might as well keep it to yourself since you'll benefit from it a whole lot more!

Old 08-26-2008, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Yes, you do rub me the wrong way and I've heard enough to form my opinion. As far as your advice, you might as well keep it to yourself since you'll benefit from it a whole lot more!
Your totally entitled to your opinions....I respect that. If you don't like my advice don't read it? You think you know but you have no idea.

Old 08-26-2008, 01:00 PM

Ladies,
my advice is that you both go trade some sex for a nice glass of wine and a massage. A win win situation.

Old 08-26-2008, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Ladies,
my advice is that you both go trade some sex for a nice glass of wine and a massage. A win win situation.
I'm good.....just out of the loop I guess as far as what I said that was so bad....it's all good though Wine does sound really good though....

Old 08-26-2008, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Wine does sound really good though....
It does, but a nice massage sounds even better. I may have to visit the bf tonight and do some bartering. LOL.

Old 08-26-2008, 01:09 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
okay well not sleeping with anyone.......I'd never do that ever, but I have used my looks to get out of speeding tickets......been pulled over a number of times but I've never actually gotten a ticket.
Haha! My boyfriend's younger sister is 22 and blonde... and she's gotten out of getting speeding tickets by her feminine wiles every time. And it always pisses off her brother when she tells him what happened.

But why not? From my observations, it's mostly men that get pulled over. Some young and dumb in their riced out beater cars, and others that are scary looking and have the situation escalate into something worse. So I'm sure that if the speeder happens to be an attractive and pleasant person to deal with, the cop is going to cut them as much slack as possible.

I don't use sex to barter with my boyfriend. There's no need for that and I think that he'd like to feel that we're making love because we BOTH want to out of our affection for each other. But if he does something wonderful on my cars or the house, then I do reciprocate with nice dinners or I buy him something for one of his pet projects.

And at work, I do favors for the cooks and the other support staff at the restaurant. If it's a bartender, I will get them clean glasses or buckets of ice for their bar. The cooks like sodas and if there's a wedding cake at the party, I'll make sure that they get a piece of it. I always thank them for a job well done. They know that I appreciate them. And these guys help me out when I need it. I'd like to think that they enjoy working with me and they respect me.

I can't see ever bartering with or charging for sex. I even prefer to buy my own jewelry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships