Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 11:13 AM

119 posts, read 865,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riv View Post
M age 57. I tried and tried AND TRIED the internet ads and then tried them again! I got plenty of DATES with women who liked me as "friends", saw or felt no chemistry/ no chance of getting serious with me, wound up rejecting me.

Did they think that I was some unromantic guy who just wanted to spend money on a "dinner and movie" companion once a week? Were those women insensitive enough to believe that?

I'm not looking for advice, sry. I'm not looking to read or to hear "don't give up, there's someone out there for you" for the 3,263rd time. I'm looking for a woman who is interested, who is open rather than picky, who is serious about marriage, who will want to marry me.

Know anyone like her?

I have no demands about age, looks, figure or any other superficiality. My only "demand" is that she wants to marry me/that she is as against being alone as I am.

I'm not afraid of a desperate woman, I'm afraid of a woman who rejects me. It ought to be my karma for me to meet a woman who is so desperate that she'll marry me right away and if a desperate woman would scare me? then I ought to learn that because I sure don't think that I'd have any problem about marrying a desperate woman....neither one of us will feel desperate once we have each other, that's my philosophy regarding desperation.

Desperate is good because I too am desperate and I'm so desperate and lonely that I'd been more ashamed to hide my desperation rather than be ashamed about being desperate so if you or anyone knows a desperate NY woman then please consider me her mate.

My grandparents were married for 52 years. When my gram died, my grandfather was lonely. He was the type that couldn't sit in a room by himself. A few years later, he met someone who was also about 80 that lived across the street.

She had him painting her house, up on a ladder at 80 years old and driving her to the store. Personally, she was a repulsive sight. If it eased his loneliness then good for him, but after 52 years of marriage to my gram, if it were me, I would have remained true to my wife for my last few years.

You are not alone in your difficulty to find love. I have been alone for many years. I tried the personals with no luck. I tried being funny, serious, flirty, silly, etc. in my approaches but never met anyone.

Half those ads are fake, maybe another 25 percent are jerks, I am sure there are a lot of people pretending to be something they are not.

I wouldn't tell you to hang in there. I would tell you to love yourself and learn to enjoy your own company because the world is full of people that would see you as a means to their ends. Not everyone is bad, but not everyone is good.

Last edited by Chris M; 08-30-2008 at 11:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2008, 12:22 PM
Riv Riv started this thread

236 posts, read 604,477 times
Love myself and love my own company?

That's the literal definition of being selfish.

Far better to share love with a spouse.

I tried different approaches too. They say that women spot desperation? Maybe so but women also spot phoniness so its better to be whatever you feel and the corollary is to accept the woman as whatever she may be. Don't fear a desperate woman, honor her for her sincerity instead and remember that love cures desperation.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:17 PM
Riv Riv started this thread

236 posts, read 604,477 times
Finding hope:

I'm in NYC and if "all you ever hear is women in NYC want to find a husband but can't" then those woman are lying to themselves because I'm here and I'm not afraid of marriage.

I'd be glad to prove it. Next time you hear a woman who wants to get married but "can't" then tell her about me and you tell her that if she's for real then she'll be married if she says yes to me or asks me.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:16 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Well, I have felt like you at certain times of my life. I honestly hated being alone for forty some-odd years.

Now, I welcome solitude. I enjoy my own company. Now, that "you complete me" line has me rolling my eyes.

I remember being desperate, too, I just no longer understand it.

I only write this to let you know that sometimes our feeling and situations change. Best of luck.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:14 AM

1 posts, read 727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riv View Post
M age 57. I tried and tried AND TRIED the internet ads and then tried them again! I got plenty of DATES with women who liked me as "friends", saw or felt no chemistry/ no chance of getting serious with me, wound up rejecting me.

Did they think that I was some unromantic guy who just wanted to spend money on a "dinner and movie" companion once a week? Were those women insensitive enough to believe that?

I'm not looking for advice, sry. I'm not looking to read or to hear "don't give up, there's someone out there for you" for the 3,263rd time. I'm looking for a woman who is interested, who is open rather than picky, who is serious about marriage, who will want to marry me.

Know anyone like her?

I have no demands about age, looks, figure or any other superficiality. My only "demand" is that she wants to marry me/that she is as against being alone as I am.

I'm not afraid of a desperate woman, I'm afraid of a woman who rejects me. It ought to be my karma for me to meet a woman who is so desperate that she'll marry me right away and if a desperate woman would scare me? then I ought to learn that because I sure don't think that I'd have any problem about marrying a desperate woman....neither one of us will feel desperate once we have each other, that's my philosophy regarding desperation.

Desperate is good because I too am desperate and I'm so desperate and lonely that I'd been more ashamed to hide my desperation rather than be ashamed about being desperate so if you or anyone knows a desperate NY woman then please consider me her mate.

I want to get married.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships