Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 12:15 AM

3,135 posts, read 391,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riv View Post
No.

It's nearly impossible.
Have you tried to looking for in dating website ? there are so many website....I recently watched a show called " How to find a husband ?" there is a lady who is nearly 38 years old..who don't have husband...so she is looking for him very hard..even she stopped on the street just say hi to guys...go to every party...and post her big pic in a bus....then she got a lot of dates every week...met different guys...she seems got several good guys which she likes...I personal think she is too picky...when you see someone is nice...she wants more nicer one....

So I hope you can go out to meet different woman then chosse the suitable one...find yourself more chance to know more women......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 12:16 AM

119 posts, read 864,560 times
Maybe, your problem is your expections and way of thinking. Maybe, you should be satisfied that you spent the best years of your life with a wife you truly loved and loved you. Some people, even pretty people, sometimes never find love.

There is a condition called co-dependency where some people are reliant on others' approval to feel good about themselves. No one can change how you feel, especially this late in the game, but the only person that can love you and make you truly feel complete is yourself.

I was engaged to a Portugese woman whose parents were not fond of her marrying outside the ethnicity. I was truly in love with this person and devastated when we went our own separate ways since I was really attached emotionally. It was hard for along time since she was the one that approached me and asked me out. She was the one that said I can see you being my husband and father to a future little Christopher. She was the one who first brought up intimacy, and I told her that couldn't be with her until I was sure that she was the woman whom I would marry.

I have had four relationships in my life, all of which were women that approached me. None of them ever led to marriage, but each, despite ending, will always be close to my heart. I could sit in a room alone for ten years and that wouldn't bother me in the least because I am content with myself and not dependent on others to feel good.

Maybe, you should help out people who are less fortunate than you like the disabled or handicapped to have a sense of being needed.

Old 08-31-2008, 12:26 AM
Riv Riv started this thread

236 posts, read 603,682 times
I've been doing the websites for many years.

No luck.

Yes, give a weak, superficial person some success at finding love and the weak, superficial fool (female or male) invariably will be unsatisfied and think that she/he can do "better"......Yes, that's a guaranteed way for a fool to throw away a great chance. That lady on the TV show isn't drunk but in a way she's drunk with giddy, false hope of a superficial nature and its making her do stupid things as though she were drunk.

Not me. I'll take the first serious woman who comes along and wants to marry me.

Last edited by Riv; 08-31-2008 at 12:51 AM..

Old 08-31-2008, 12:34 AM

Chris,

Chris,

No, you don't understand the way I feel nor do you understand anything about my marriage. I'm not here to go into detail (for this format) but don't assume my story since you don't know my story.

I'd talk with an interested woman about the old days, I'm not feeling like discussing the old days with everyone on the board which means I'd rather not go "there" and please respect this............and don't assume.

I'm not you, what works for me may not work for you and vice versa so avoid the fallacy of judging another by your own values, your own experiences, your own life.

Personally and subjectively, I feel its very foolish to only depend on oneself to feel good as we are not islands, we need mates so IMO I'd get away from that "I need ME to be complete" kind of style but ah that's me and you are different from me so wisdom teaches me to respect your style, to not criticize it as it may work best for YOU.

I've helped the disabled but my sense of being needed is in a romantic way, don't confuse romantic needs with social needs.

Last edited by Riv; 08-31-2008 at 12:57 AM..

Old 08-31-2008, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post

Look, it's obvious you don't want help - you only want what you want - A WOMAN.
LOL, didn't I say that right from the start?

Old 08-31-2008, 12:48 AM

3,814 posts, read 6,776,130 times
Quote:
I'm desperate to have a wife. Age 57/widowed/from NY.

Isn't it better to admit it than to adapt a fake personality or to "force" yourself not to feel desperate?

I'm 50% of the solution. All I need is a woman who admits she too is desperate to get married and problem solved!

Love and marriage cures desperation.

I think most women are afraid of an honest man. That they want to hear socially accepted lies rather than to have a feeling man who is completely honest with them. No, I can't fake it, I've been rejected, hurt, burnt too much and i can't keep playing the dating game. I fear "investing" my feelings again (after all the hurts) in another MAYBE who turns out to "like" me only as a friend (who pays for dates...........What? Are they crazy?) I need a sure thing; a woman who lets me know from the start that she is interested and if she is desperate then no problem.......

So am I.
Sounds more like co dependence to me. You don't need someone to complete you.

Old 08-31-2008, 01:01 AM

Co-dependence isn't a dirty word.

We need each other (as I see it) and we need each other to complete one another so let's say that I'm co-dependent and desperately seeking a co-dependent woman who wants to marry me.

Old 08-31-2008, 01:10 AM

Main Entry: co·de·pen·den·cy Pronunciation: \-dən(t)-sē\ Function: noun Date: 1979 : a psychological condition or a relationship in which a person is controlled or manipulated by another who is affected with a pathological condition (as an addiction to alcohol or heroin); broadly : dependence on the needs of or control by another

No, co-dependent is too strong a word, too cynical a definition. It turns the strength of sharing into a weakness of being mindless or without an identity.

How about instead that I strongly wish to share my life and share the life of a mate and that I'm reacting to the deprivation of being too long without a mate.

Old 08-31-2008, 04:45 AM

3,135 posts, read 391,488 times
Quote:
I've been doing the websites for many years.

No luck.

Yes, give a weak, superficial person some success at finding love and the weak, superficial fool (female or male) invariably will be unsatisfied and think that she/he can do "better"......Yes, that's a guaranteed way for a fool to throw away a great chance. That lady on the TV show isn't drunk but in a way she's drunk with giddy, false hope of a superficial nature and its making her do stupid things as though she were drunk.

Not me. I'll take the first serious woman who comes along and wants to marry me.
U know exactly what you will do......So I will leave you alone..and Good Luck !

One last thing === I always believe there is true love exsit...Hope you can find it !

Old 08-31-2008, 10:35 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,870,851 times
Did you even read what I posted.

Quote:
Main Entry: co·de·pen·den·cy Pronunciation: \-dən(t)-sē\ Function: noun Date: 1979 : a psychological condition or a relationship in which a person is controlled or manipulated by another who is affected with a pathological condition (as an addiction to alcohol or heroin); broadly : dependence on the needs of or control by another

No, co-dependent is too strong a word, too cynical a definition. It turns the strength of sharing into a weakness of being mindless or without an identity.

How about instead that I strongly wish to share my life and share the life of a mate and that I'm reacting to the deprivation of being too long without a mate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships