U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 01:17 PM

7,094 posts, read 12,188,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageLife View Post
I have this on my desk at home.not a good picture but the ball moves and water flows.When I was in college,there was a nice waterfall in one corner of the librabry,I sat every time I went to study,it makes me feel good
I deleted what I just wrote about fountains. I don't want you to think they're not right for other people. They just aggravate me for many practical reasons. It's personal and professional. Whether that's influenced by my Chinese horoscope is a complete unknown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 01:42 PM

3,771 posts, read 4,815,461 times
Default The intuitive approach

I''ve been studying Feng Shui for thirty years, have had my house done by three "professionals" who all gave contradictory recommentations, and have come to the conclusion that what "feels right" to you trumps anyone else's recommendations. The few things I'm sure of? Compass directions DO matter. "Empty quarters" can be corrected with fountains. Clutter DOES matter,especially if it impedes movement. A cluttered altar would'nt matter because it's not in anyone's path. AND FS is not the answer to every problem. Good luck to you all.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:48 PM

42,844 posts, read 54,411,827 times
Hey, sounds like I'm Feng Shui-ed and good to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
The few things I'm sure of? Compass directions DO matter.
I have a meandaring path in front of my house as well as a wash (sort of an empty river - we have those in AZ to collect the water during heavy rains) and have mountains behind the house (well, not behind my house, but not too far away)

Quote:
"Empty quarters" can be corrected with fountains.
Got that.

Quote:
Clutter DOES matter,especially if it impedes movement. A cluttered altar would'nt matter because it's not in anyone's path. AND FS is not the answer to every problem. Good luck to you all.
Hate clutter anyway, but the boxes in the garage aren't in anybody's way.

Alright, thanks! Me likie easy!

Old 09-01-2008, 02:57 PM

7,484 posts, read 14,502,734 times
There are a lot of superstitions in feng shui and they only really apply to you if you are superstitious. Along with that, the basic concept of feng shui is to create a space that works with, and that is pleasing and comfortable to your mental state is the key.

Old 09-01-2008, 03:18 PM

55,939 posts, read 11,966,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
There are a lot of superstitions in feng shui and they only really apply to you if you are superstitious. Along with that, the basic concept of feng shui is to create a space that works with, and that is pleasing and comfortable to your mental state is the key.
Fen Shui really means air and water in chinese.So it really makes sense. If you clutter your space you will look at clutter and are not able to create happiness and joy. makes sense.

Old 09-01-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Fen Shui really means air and water in chinese.So it really makes sense. If you clutter your space you will look at clutter and are not able to create happiness and joy. makes sense.
That just makes sense. Same with the lonely objects - it just affects your subconsciousness, I believe.

I still have two nightstands (just for symmetry ), but only one lamp as the other one broke and I haven't decided on the lamps yet. Not very inviting , but it can be worse - like a bed shoved next to a wall with only one nightstand.

Old 09-01-2008, 04:40 PM

12,890 posts, read 12,775,169 times
Quote:
Actually Feng Shui is short-hand for "The Qi that rides the wind stops at the boundary of water" - from the Book of Burial (third century BCE).

Big difference.

Old 09-01-2008, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Actually Feng Shui is short-hand for "The Qi that rides the wind stops at the boundary of water" - from the Book of Burial (third century BCE).

Big difference.
you are right,but I am just saying that Feng means Air and Shui means water you are more poetic as usual

Old 09-01-2008, 06:22 PM

I'll use this thread to ask instead of going to the House forum.

Do you, guys, have a mirror behind a TV or have you noticed it in other people's houses? I've been wondering if it would affect watching TV in any manner... like unwanted reflection... I don't know... just never had such a setup.

Old 09-01-2008, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I'll use this thread to ask instead of going to the House forum.

Do you, guys, have a mirror behind a TV or have you noticed it in other people's houses? I've been wondering if it would affect watching TV in any manner... like unwanted reflection... I don't know... just never had such a setup.
you are too funny,sierra
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships