Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 09:41 PM

30 posts, read 83,308 times

Advertisements

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphean View Post
Most of the replies here from men seem to fall into 2 categories

1) Be less annoying
2) Bend over

With those answers it's easy to tell you're all married or in serious relationships

I think all I want from my girlfriend/wife (they're both doing great, thanks for asking...boom tish) is what I think every person regardless of gender wants. I want her to be considerate about the things I'm doing in my life outside of our intimate relationship such as work or other relationships with friends and family.

I want to be able to share my thoughts, dreams and fantasies without feeling like I'm being judged as morally bankrupt infront of the entire world or that fleeting thoughts about my knee jerk reactions to the world make me less of a person in her eyes. I want to be the first stop when they need to express their own thoughts, dreams or fantasies. I want to be trusted and I want to trust.

I want to be the greatest person in the world as far as she's concerned because she is to me. I want to feel like it's us against the world and not an equitable exchange of duties involving clothes, kids, dirty dishes and bills. I've stayed home and done the laundry and the dishes and taken care of the kids...it's hard work...it's a lot like going to work and dealing with your boss, customers, suppliers and employees only you don't really love them like you do your wife so the rewards just aren't really there except the money you're making that you hand to your wife when you get home :P

I want someone who understands I don't have all the answers to life's problems and knows where she'd like to eat or what movie she'd like to see once in a while. I want her to understand that simply because I'm a man it does not mean I know what's wrong with the car, where the leak is coming from or what direction North is whenever she feels like knowing.

I don't mind watching a tv show about women dealing with the drama of infidelity and teenage pregnancy as long as she's prepared to watch something involving machinery, coaches or immature girls who have discovered their own boobs and want to validate their sexuality with complete strangers.

I want someone I can make love to but I also want someone I can be physical with. I want someone who can wiggle and tease and spread their legs because sex can feel just great no matter the extra pound or ten you've put on in the last month.

I love being romantic, expressive and beautiful but I get tired of hearing how men aren't romantic, expressive and beautiful often enough but if you weighed up all the love letters I've sent and received I'm getting shorted in the deal.

For all you wives out there, when was the last time you left your heart in a letter for your husband to find just because you wanted to tell him you love him even though he doesn't cook, do the dishes or take care of the kids?

Wow! are there more men like you out there? That was deep, real, and simply amazing...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 09:44 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,391,107 times
[quote=babyonboard;5117398]
Quote:

Wow! are there more men like you out there? That was deep, real, and simply amazing...

refer to why not the "nice guys"? thread

Old 09-03-2008, 09:58 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,604,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
yeah!

because anyway most of our thoughts contain the above latin video,the B-J mentions and the man things we want to do after those are satisfied,like fishing or something.........

but ugh,massages are nice also.

and regarding the mention of Swallow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

while we men appreciate a woman who also appreciates a Swallow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia some of us would rather you just let it fly like a Garden hose - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm sorry....what? I don't understand your post, could you please explain in more detail?

Old 09-03-2008, 10:11 PM

30 posts, read 83,308 times
[/quote]refer to why not the "nice guys"? thread[/quote]

Not finding that thread... But would love to read it

Old 09-03-2008, 10:20 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,391,107 times
refer to why not the "nice guys"? thread[/quote]

Not finding that thread... But would love to read it[/quote]

keep searching this section,there are 3 or 4 loooong threads about nice guys and "badboys".

and forgive me for assuming but I do assume that you may be turned on by some heartfelt sensative post,but faced with it in real life there is a greater chance that....

A-you wouldn't know how to react to it
B-would react by taking advantage
C-.....both A and B then followed by becoming bored with it eithe rway A,B and C leading to a guy posting yet another thread asking why nice guys finish last and why his heart was broken by his girl going to a "bad boy" who A- was interested in the sex,B was interested in the massage and C was interested where the remote was after A and B.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:11 AM

5 posts, read 12,508 times
Being interesting and exciting to another person and being nice aren't mutually exclusive.

Guys who label themselves as "nice guys" and the others as "bad boys" are just kidding themselves....They're just boring to the person they were with who they found exciting.

If you use the excuse of "girls don't like nice guys" maybe it's just that you need to stop looking for girls who have a different sense of excitement from yours.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:20 AM

36,524 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito
Slow down, your second paragraph are things that you already do "OFTEN" enough. It's the food, love and booty shaking that need to be done more often.

Quote:
That's exactly where the problem is. In order to have the time and desire for those above, somebody has to pitch in enough in the activities from the 2nd paragraph...
Thank you, sierra!

Old 09-04-2008, 07:37 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,374,833 times
I wish she would tell me what she wants when I'm fishing for ideas for gifts. It was easy in the early days because she needed things but now not so. I'd kill to find the gift that blew her away. Its easier with someone thats not so close I think.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:37 PM
ECG

42,606 posts, read 2,745,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalif View Post
Agree with me more often.
That is a big plus...a women should agree more often with their husbands but there are alot who don't.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:50 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,633,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
yeah!

because anyway most of our thoughts contain the above latin video,the B-J mentions and the man things we want to do after those are satisfied,like fishing or something.........

but ugh,massages are nice also.

and regarding the mention of Swallow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

while we men appreciate a woman who also appreciates a Swallow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia some of us would rather you just let it fly like a Garden hose - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

HAHAHA, amen. I am a fan of a Facebook group about this wonderful bird and the endangering of its natural habitat. The group description: "We need to stand strong and put and end to the destruction of the swallow's habitat. They are being forced about by other not as good birds like the central african spitter, the Nile Valley Biter, and even worse the southeast asian Nocum bird who doesn't even finish what it starts...please everyone, stand strong"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships