Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 12:33 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,856,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Why should we lighten up? Do you find hot, intelligent women disgusting for some reason? If so, let me introduce you to artsyguy...
Nope, I don't find beautiful and intelligent women disgusting at all. What if you were married to such a woman, and you heard guys talk about her in such a manner?

Sorry, I have a lot more respect to women than that.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:36 PM

2,397 posts, read 6,454,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
Nope, I don't find beautiful and intelligent women disgusting at all. What if you were married to such a woman, and you heard guys talk about her in such a manner?

Sorry, I have a lot more respect to women than that.
Spare me!

Old 09-04-2008, 12:44 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,161,317 times
I call bs......in the most loving way possible

Old 09-04-2008, 12:45 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,328,631 times
Hmmm, I think I'd do her.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:46 PM

2,397 posts, read 6,454,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Hmmm, I think I'd do her.
So would I!

Old 09-04-2008, 12:52 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
no

Old 09-04-2008, 01:24 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,636,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, I think she is a real person. People can look at her and say, "Yeah, she's one of us. She gets us." I don't think people could ever say the same thing about Hillary Clinton.

By the way, I think it's absolutely hysterical that feminists like Gloria Steinem have come out saying that Palin is not in Hillary Clinton's league. Actually, they're right for the wrong reasons.

Sarah Palin became governor of Alaska (And an extremely popular one, too) through her own grit, intelligence and determination. She certainly didn't ride her husband's coattails to fame. Meanwhile, does any serious person really believe that Hillary Clinton would be on the national scene today if she hadn't been First Lady?

Sure, she might have risen to senior partner at a prestigious law firm. But that's about it. All you have to do is look at her disastrous presidential campaign to realize that she squandered an enormous advantage, not to mention untold millions in political contributions, only to lose the nomination to a guy with less than a single term in the U.S. Senate. And when it started to hit the fan, she turned to her husband for help--even if it was too late. These aren't exactly the hallmarks of statesmanship, if you ask me.

So Sarah Palin isn't in Clinton's league. She's in a better league, earning her lofty perch by her own merit, not her husband's political connections. Even if you don't agree with her political views, you have to agree that her accomplishments are what feminism were supposed to be all about--not just passing the rarefied litmus test of a few snobs on the Upper East Side.
I don't care for her political views and I think she's woefully unqualified to be Vice President, but I do agree with your statements with respect to Sarah Palin and Hillary Clinton. I have never, EVER understood why Clinton is held up as a role model for women. This is a woman who got to where she is in large part because of her husband's name and political connections. I'm not saying he did all the work and that she's not intelligent and hard-working, but I would have more respect for her if she got there on her own. If you look at other women in positions of leadership, whether it be other senators, representatives, governors, or CEOs, most got there on their own merits. Also, it's hard to look at Clinton as a role model when you see how much infidelity she put up with. I know there will always be debates about whether there's is just a political marriage, but I think it says a lot about her that she stuck with him after all that he did. I guess becoming President someday is worth all that humiliation.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:55 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
I don't care for her political views and I think she's woefully unqualified to be Vice President, but I do agree with your statements with respect to Sarah Palin and Hillary Clinton. I have never, EVER understood why Clinton is held up as a role model for women. This is a woman who got to where she is in large part because of her husband's name and political connections. I'm not saying he did all the work and that she's not intelligent and hard-working, but I would have more respect for her if she got there on her own. If you look at other women in positions of leadership, whether it be other senators, representatives, governors, or CEOs, most got there on their own merits. Also, it's hard to look at Clinton as a role model when you see how much infidelity she put up with. I know there will always be debates about whether there's is just a political marriage, but I think it says a lot about her that she stuck with him after all that he did. I guess becoming President someday is worth all that humiliation.
See, now I respect that position you have laid out, even if I disagree somewhat. But I think what I'm reacting to are the kneejerk politicos who seem so willing to denigrate one person of considerable achievement in public life, while lauding another who really took the short cut to the top.

Old 09-04-2008, 01:55 PM

61 posts, read 174,171 times
As a Conservative, I'm excited to have someone on the Republican ticket that represents my values and beliefs. She's hot, smart, tough, Christian, and a Conservative--the whole package!!!

Old 09-04-2008, 01:56 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I think she looked like a younger verion of Sally Fields and Karen Valentine.
You're right! She does remind me of Sally Fields in her spunky way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships