Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 04:08 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times

Advertisements

Yes, you're doing the right thing. Nothing will change if you stay.

Be prepared for him to beg and then get angry when you don't come back. You're taking away his and his parent's financial support. I wouldn't be surprised if he and they talk very badly about you after this but don't let that get to you. You did all you could and more than you should have had to and it wasn't enough for them. You don't need people in your life whom you can never please. No matter what you give, they will only want more.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2008, 05:35 AM

4,897 posts, read 18,491,759 times
yes!! go and be on you own--you can do it!
i hope he doesnt have a key to your house and has no rights to it.

Old 09-07-2008, 05:48 AM

1,867 posts, read 4,078,692 times
It must be so frustrating to do all that you do for this family and all they do is criticize you. They are truly ungrateful and do not deserve you. You are definitely doing the right thing by leaving. You MUST leave and start fresh. This situation sounds completely intolerable. Leave BEFORE you get pregnant, because once that happens you will not be able to leave so easily.

Old 09-07-2008, 05:53 AM

3,663 posts, read 8,665,618 times
Yes, you are doing the right thing. You go and hold your head HIGH. Be proud of what you have done, you did not have to support that family. Its time to file for divorce and be FREE. You need time to yourself, this man does not love you he loves your money. If he loved you he would leave his family and be with you. You will find someone again, but right now I think you should take care of yourself and your needs and when the time is right you will find someone that you love. Just remember your past relationships and try not to repeat them. If a man lives at home, RUN the other direction.

Old 09-07-2008, 11:11 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,542,940 times
I see only one thing you did wrong. The way he should have found out that you were transferring was to come by and find an empty house. No note...nothing!

Best wishes for a happy life. You deserve it!

Old 09-07-2008, 11:22 AM

11,169 posts, read 10,651,499 times
Oh Dear Girl. Run. Run for the hills - and run as fast and far as your little legs will take you with your middle finger flying high up into the air. You are a 'Human ATM' to that lazy man and family. Trust me, sweetie, he realizes your value - the value of your green that you provide. Of course he will cry and whimper when you leave - if you paid for all my bills and EVERYTHING of my immediate family - I would cry and hold and cling to your leg desperately in hopes to keep you. You've provided something much better than the American Dream! He manipulates your emotions - enough is enough. You are making the best decision for yourself - best of luck and blessings!

Old 09-08-2008, 02:04 AM

1 posts, read 1,016 times
I was touched when I read your story and I am sure that you could say much more than you have. Babes you already know what you have to do. You don't mention children, and I take it that there are no children, but know that as hard and scary it is for you , what has to be has to be. I've gone through similar experiences with my ex husband. We divorced las year after being maried for 15 years. I was also waiting for him and his mother to change and realise that everything that I did was done for them, but they don't appreciate it. The only difference is that I put financial strain on myself and I have four children. Now I am battling to get back to being financially secure, but I am very happy being alone. I am a Roman Catholic and he only one in my family who has "shamed" the family by getting divorced, but it gets easier.Don' be influenced by anyone other than what is happening to you. Consider only yourself for today so that you can make the right choice. Be fair and say it as it is so that you wont have any regrets later. Look at the whole picture and if you feel that you have been affected negatively, then you'd be better off to leave. I hope you make your choice soon so that your new life can begin. Aim for a good life and you will be okay. Keep well.

Old 09-08-2008, 05:00 AM

1,461 posts, read 3,652,487 times
You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders and have thought this through. The fact that he begs to come back and then doesn't change just shows that words mean nothing. If he was not working than he could be helping in countless ways to make up for that. He could clean, help with parents and have dinner waiting when you came home. My daughter makes about twice what her husband does. He gets off earlier than she does, the house is clean and dinner is on the table. He makes up for the money and does more than his share. They make decisions together. He is still the man of the house.
It sounds like your dreams are not unrealistic but you have sure picked the wrong husbands. Head a positive direction. If he wants to try than he will have to back that up with actions. If he can't respect you in front of his parents than that is unacceptable. You should be the team. Sounds like you have done all you can....

Old 09-08-2008, 08:13 PM

378 posts, read 337,452 times
I'm along with the crowd here...you need to leave and end the abuse. As someone else already mentioned, you definitely want to speak with a lawyer to make sure you can protect your assets and that when you leave, you'll take no additional drama with you. I wish everything works out well for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships