Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 03:15 AM

61,289 posts, read 87,195,928 times

Advertisements

pretty people put up with less baloney and dish out more.
its genderless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2010, 07:13 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,297,384 times
I think in general, yes. Beautiful women (and men of course, but women is what we're talking about right now) are more superficial. Meaning they care more about looks than "average" people. (Money, I can't say. I'm not sure about that one. I think that's a whole different topic)

BUT I would like to bring up another point. I had a cowoker who was really beautiful and the things people said to her were pretty outrageous. example:

She was wearing a lanyard that advertised 10% off your purchases if you applied for the store credit card. A guy came up to her who was 40+ (she was 17 at the time) and said "oh 10% off huh? I probably still couldn't afford you" WTF? I found that extremely disturbing/disgusting.

So, did she not like that guy because he was 40, fat, and was wearing dirty purple sweatpants with holes in them and because she's a mean superficial person? I'm sure he probaly chalked it up to that because he's an idiot. But no, she is SUCH a nice person. The point is, eventually if you're beautiful, you're going to get sick of people saying stuff like that to you all the time and get p*ssed off. So you're going to want somebody who's equally attractive so they aren't drooling every second that they're with you or use you as a status symbol/trophy. I don't think that's wrong or mean.

Also, I think women are more likely to like a guy for something other than looks than guys are to like a woman for something other than looks.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:37 AM

911 posts, read 2,369,981 times
Are "attractive" women more superficial than "unattractive" women?

YES

Old 03-10-2010, 07:41 AM

911 posts, read 2,369,981 times
most attractive women are superficial cause they know if you dont pay for them some other sucker will

Old 03-10-2010, 08:09 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,314,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrian12 View Post
most attractive women are superficial cause they know if you dont pay for them some other sucker will
What do you mean "pay for them"? Where have you been living? Most attractive women are successful and quite capable of paying for themselves. Your response is insulting. You have probably never even dated an attractive woman, so you are just bitter. Many men ask an attractive woman out, and when she says no(which is her perogative) you assume the problem is with her. Maybe it is you. Maybe it is your personality or the fact that you, like many, judge her strictly by her looks without getting to know her first. Attractive women have a brain and a personality. Take the time to get to know one, and you might just be suprised.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:39 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,236,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsong64 View Post
BUT I would like to bring up another point. I had a cowoker who was really beautiful and the things people said to her were pretty outrageous. example:

She was wearing a lanyard that advertised 10% off your purchases if you applied for the store credit card. A guy came up to her who was 40+ (she was 17 at the time) and said "oh 10% off huh? I probably still couldn't afford you" WTF? I found that extremely disturbing/disgusting.

So, did she not like that guy because he was 40, fat, and was wearing dirty purple sweatpants with holes in them and because she's a mean superficial person? I'm sure he probaly chalked it up to that because he's an idiot. But no, she is SUCH a nice person. The point is, eventually if you're beautiful, you're going to get sick of people saying stuff like that to you all the time and get p*ssed off. So you're going to want somebody who's equally attractive so they aren't drooling every second that they're with you or use you as a status symbol/trophy. I don't think that's wrong or mean.

Also, I think women are more likely to like a guy for something other than looks than guys are to like a woman for something other than looks.
That's a very insightful post, and you're right, methinks.

Old 03-10-2010, 09:37 PM

332 posts, read 642,566 times
Quote:
What do you mean "pay for them"? Where have you been living? Most attractive women are successful and quite capable of paying for themselves

Are all of those women that Tiger Woods banged, successful and quite capable of paying for themselves ?

Old 03-10-2010, 10:27 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,314,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golem1979 View Post
Are all of those women that Tiger Woods banged, successful and quite capable of paying for themselves ?
I don't think you can consider what celebrities and wannabe celebrities do indicative of the real world. There are men that hook up with famous women just for attention or to sell their story to the tabloids too. Why do some men assume every attractive woman is out to get them or their money? I doubt these men have ever been with an attractive woman. Why would such a woman waste her time? Also, how many truly wealthy men are on this forum anyway? Like a woman needs some guy just to pay her phone bill. Give me a break.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:09 PM

14,229 posts, read 29,948,042 times
Sure they are. After all, they have to work hard on keeping up that exterior. If you always have to look perfect you also have to have the right hair, makeup, shoes, bag, etc. It's superficial but it has to be done.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:11 PM

332 posts, read 642,566 times
Quote:
Like a woman needs some guy just to pay her phone bill. Give me a break.
There are plenty of women who are lousy with managing money. Which is why they look for a sugar daddy to help them pay their phone bill and massive credit card bills that they have stacked up.

I know a broad who got her sugar daddy dentist boyfriend to help pay off her entire $13,500 credit card debt in 1 only payment.

Last edited by Golem1979; 03-10-2010 at 11:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships