U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-02-2009, 03:57 PM

891 posts, read 1,860,953 times
Default Even in Argentina

[quote=orangeapple;6445835I disagree.....many white "hispanics" simply identify as "white", and you would never know they were hispanic by looking at them because people do buy that stereotype of all hispanic people being darker complected.

Spaniards vary in coloring anyway...like many European people, they range from medium olive coloring to very fair. My Spanish family has fair redheads, blonds, and brunettes with very fair olive toned skin.

Besides Spanish, many Latin American people have Italian, German, and other European heritages. Argentina is predominantly white. So there are many white "hispanics", in this country and other countries.]

Even in "white" Argentina there is a big variation. I used to work with an Argentinian dude, the nicest guy, who was very deep olive-skinned but didn't have any American-Indian features, and had a tight-curled Afro (with no perm!). We were talking one time about our families and I mentioned my black wife, mixed kids and he told me people were always asking him if he was mixed black white. Actually, he told me that the reason his whole family looked that way is that they were recent immigrants from Spain to S. America in his grandfather's generation and were Christianized Moors (they still had a slightly altered Arabic name even). So even though he was by nationality an Argentinian if you did a DNA analysis you'd probably call him Moroccan or Tunisian.

All just points out that we're all one species and no long how long your family is has lived in one place you're genetically probably from all over and maybe cover 3 races and 10 nationalities if you go back far enough.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 03:19 AM

23 posts, read 37,733 times
I guess I was always attracted to black women, but, being white and from a family that was not accepting of being racially diverse, I was living with the taboo of the fifties. I think black women were afraid to date white men for a long time. I remember a few black women approaching me years ago, but not many. I also remember trying to approach some ladies who acted scared to death to even be seen talking to me. I didn't approach many women for several years as I was married. When that ended, I met a black lady who was my friend. That changed when I got divorced and all of a sudden I was no longer afraid to talk to women of other races anymore. I realise I prefer certain physical traits and features of most black women and was denying myself the pleasure of being with someone I was truly attracted to, because of social taboos and fears created by my environment. When that changed, I was already 43 yrs old and now I have been with several women, most of which were black. I have a girlfriend now who I enjoy to be with and we have an ongoing committed relationship. Anyone who has never tried being with someone of a different race is probably scared in a way that most people don't realise about themselves. The census bureau has put out a report that about 5 percent of all marriages now are interracial in the U.S. In most countries people don't even consider it an issue. I think it is mostly that black women have figured out they have other options. I go on several interracial forum websites and hear what others say about it. It seems that our nation is slow in learnnig anything, but racially divided areas of the country are diminishing, but not quickly enough. I was in Iowa about six months ago in a segregated town. Black people live in a certain section just to be safe. Prominent businessmen who you would expect through being educated and somewhat more worldly to be more progresive thinking have the word "******" flowing liberally from their mouth. I used to think that was primarily for redneck uneducated or ignorant people, but in some places in the country it may never change. Bigotry is tied to religion and patriotism in some places in the South. I live in Arizona where we have M.L.K. day mentioned publicly, but it isn't a holliday celebrated with a day off like most hollidays. That happened under Governor Ev Meacham's watch. He was later recalled after his book came out with words he used like "*****ninny" referring to young black children. Afterwards the campaign to get rid of him was adamant about his racism, the bumper stickers said, "Pick a Ninny, recall Meacham." This state has parts of it that were drug kicking and screaming into the 21st century. It is the only state in the country where it is still legal to strap a gun on and walk down the street with a loaded firearm as long as it isn't concealed without the need for registration or a permit. Like the wild west. You can guess how progressive race relations are here, considering. I go in public with my ladyfriend and people stare at us. One gets like I am after a while, I don't even notice. A few years ago, I had someone walk up and act like

Old 03-16-2009, 06:16 AM

1,617 posts, read 2,429,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPC2000 View Post
jamaicans are the best, they can go all night, wow.........
I would agree with that statement. It's all in the hip movement too. :-)

Old 03-16-2009, 07:40 PM

7,703 posts, read 7,404,986 times
I grew up in a family that sincerely believed the races are supposed to remain "pure", so inter-racial relationships was not acceptable, although they were not prejudice people. But I ended up with my own views as I grew up. I not only think it's a choice, I also think it's part of evolution. If it wasn't for cross mixing, most of us wouldn't be here.

I have never been in an inter-racial relationship. It just never happened. But it would be possible, yes. Where I have boundaries lies in cultural differences rather than just race (color). For example, I could never become involved with an Islamic or even a practicing Mormon, because those are not the lifestyles I want to live. (As it turned out, I am married to a jack-Mormon ~ he's never been active in it.)

I've always been pretty good at self-protection, even as a kid.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:45 PM

64 posts, read 339,950 times
I'm currently in one of 4 years. I'm black, BF is white. I don't see it much. Would like to see it A LOT more. I think it's a beautiful thing that people just don't take the time to try

Old 03-16-2009, 10:35 PM

2,182 posts, read 2,951,481 times
Yes, I am personally more attracted to non-black men but that's just my preference, no self-hate towards myself or the "brothas".

Old 03-17-2009, 06:56 AM

7,228 posts, read 8,127,832 times
I dated a black man when I was in college. He was hot as all hell. God, the bod on him (football player, plus he spent another 2 hours at the gym working on it)! Yum!!! We were in different stages in our lives (me at 17/18, him at 23/24).

Old 04-04-2009, 12:54 PM

5,081 posts, read 3,829,703 times
for some strange reason i'm digging more black girls these days (even though i've never been with a black girl) .
maybe i'm watching too much serena williams playing tennis lol.

Old 04-07-2009, 03:17 AM

184 posts, read 31,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
It's always white women running back to the white man, .
and there is many stupid and spainless white americna manaround unfortunatly that would take them back

Old 05-16-2009, 12:47 PM

1,126 posts, read 2,251,179 times
In eighth grade a few years ago I shortly "dated" a black girl. Does eighth grade even count?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships