Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 01:17 PM

709 posts, read 1,763,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Successful white men very seldom marry black women, yes they may sleep with them, but to go as far as marrying a black women, is very far and few.
I am a White man and I would make an exception for some Black women when it comes to marriage like Christina Milian for example. But on average I prefer White women and Southeast Asian women like Filipinas for example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2009, 01:24 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,040,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
I am a White man and I would make an exception for some Black women when it comes to marriage like Christina Milian for example. But on average I prefer White women and Southeast Asian women like Filipinas for example.
Christina Milian is a Latina. Cuban to be exact.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:32 PM

709 posts, read 1,763,663 times
Quote:
Christina Milian is a Latina. Cuban to be exact.

Christina Milian is a Black Cuban.
Afro-Cuban - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-12-2009, 01:50 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,884,662 times
I guess I am in an interracial marriage, technically, but we don't really look like it. My husband is half Egyptian (which is technically African) and half French-Canadian. I am 100% Ukrainian. But we look pretty much the same, until he gets tan (damn him!!)

Old 06-12-2009, 01:51 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,728,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
There must be 1,000 threads about this, but i'm new .

Anyways, have you guys ever been involved in a interracial relationship? If so, with who? and what race/culture was that specific person?

For the ones who DON'T agree on interracial relationships: tell me why? should men/woman stick to their own culture? Do you have doubts that if you see a man dating a female outside the race/culture as you your culture will be gone? (for example: if a white girl marries a black guy and they have a child and both raise the child to be BLACK-AMERICAN), would that affect you?

I'll start: I've never been involved in a interracial relationship, i don't have a problem with it but i rarely see it in the area i live at.

The End .
I've dated and married outside my race. Mostly Latin (Puerto Rican, Dominican, Mexican, South American, Cuban) and Asian (Southeast, Korean, Filipina) women, a few black, and Native American. I've never dated anyone because of their race though. That is, I don't seek out Latin or Asian women, I just found them to be more my taste in regard to physical attraction. No fetish hang-ups or anything like that. I can care less who dates who, I only cringe when someone thinks that a particular race is better for dating than another. Like when someone says Latin women are better in bed or Asian women are all submissive. That stuff is nonsense...the product of someone with too many distorted fantasies and not enough real life experience.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:53 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,560,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
Christina Milian is a Black Cuban.
Afro-Cuban - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes, thanks for recognizing that. You can be black and Cuban. Most Cubans (about 70%) have African ancestry.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Yes, thanks for recognizing that. You can be black and Cuban. Most Cubans (about 70%) have African ancestry.
Well, a lot of them don't want to be associated with BLACK Americans (I hate the term "African-American"), tell you that much.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:11 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,560,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
Well, a lot of them don't want to be associated with BLACK Americans (I hate the term "African-American"), tell you that much.

OK hermana. Here's the deal. I am Afro-Cuban and African American (I love that term lol), and I am proud to be both.

I also belong to a black Latino social group that was organized to advance black consciousness among Latinos and consciousness of Latino blackness among Americans who happen to be black.

Interesting, isn't it?

Old 06-12-2009, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
OK hermana. Here's the deal. I am Afro-Cuban and African American (I love that term lol), and I am proud to be both.

I also belong to a black Latino social group that was organized to advance black consciousness among Latinos and consciousness of Latino blackness among Americans who happen to be black.

Interesting, isn't it?
Yes very and kudos to you...And, what does 'hermana' mean?

Old 06-12-2009, 02:15 PM

..nevermind..googled it..

That's what's up hermano...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships