U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 03:33 PM

3,721 posts, read 1,367,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by locest View Post
i don't mean you have to be tired of your husband or married to like a younger man, just tired of them not taking care of themselves the way most younger men do...and yeah i wax my eyebrows but they look very natural...if i didn't i'd have a black forest on my forehead!!!
What are you getting at? You fancy yourself as some old gals young thing? Because your post is coming across as rather immature and self centred. A 6 pack is nice on a man, but I like more matured, even grey...oh and grey right there by the temples does it for me . Even a little pouch, nothing gross can be endearing and it has nothing to do with being 40 something and having less to choose from. I've even developed a thing about men in hats especially panama hats.

Yes siree my days of young dumb and full of c*m is done with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 12:29 PM

4,232 posts, read 8,327,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
Oh and back to the original topic, SOME women like younger men for the same reason SOME men like younger women. Personally, I would prefer a woman within 5 years either side of my age. I think guys who go after women half their age are wrong. I think women who go with a guy twice their age are wrong too. How can you relate to someone 20 years younger then you?
What about guys that go after a woman 20 years older than themselves....because they didn't realize how old the woman really was? (happens to be my situation)...

Older men that go after younger women: Dirty old men
Older women that go after younger men: Cougars
Younger women that go after older men: Gold Diggers
Younger men that go after older women: Gigolos

I tell you what....everyone should try it once!

Old 11-13-2009, 04:41 PM

3 posts, read 8,975 times
Money buys arm candy I suppose.

Old 11-13-2009, 04:43 PM

10 posts, read 18,249 times
wifes 9.5 years my age, I love Cougars

Old 11-13-2009, 04:44 PM

19,022 posts, read 14,474,354 times
<searches for his tranquilizer gun>

Old 11-14-2009, 03:25 PM

8,421 posts, read 14,337,714 times
Being well dressed and groomed doesn't necessarily translate to metrosexual.

Things change for all of us as we age. It takes more effort for an average woman to look great at 45 than it does at 22. It's just a fact and women look at themselves very critically at every age. Men don't seem to do this as much. I don't know why but it seems to be the norm. There seems to be a point where both sexes reach the 'old woman/man gave up' look.

For women, this is usually polyester pants with elastic waists. Overweight. The last time you had your hair done was when a different President was in office. Big sweatshirts and comfortable everything. You haven't worn anything but comfortable shoes for ages. You look like someone's grandma. But women are usually clean!

For men, it's the unkempt, I'm too lazy to shave, Santa Claus beard. With the nose hair growing into the mustache and the ear hair exploding into the sideburns. The unibrow that has reached neanderthal proportions. Dirty fingernails, stained clothes that fit you 10 years ago, and a baseball cap that was new when Nixon was President.

Now here's the telling difference between the two. The woman mourns her matronly appearance but accepts the fact that she has aged. The man has no clue that he's changed and thinks women are 'too picky'.

Old 11-14-2009, 04:11 PM

1,385 posts, read 961,330 times
Quote:
Do they like the physical characteristics of a man who is a "metrosexual" or no? I read an article and many women said that they love it because they are tired of their husbands who don't take care of their appearance as well as their body? I keep my haircut,go to the gym 4 to 6 times a week and have my eyebrows waxed every month and a half so they always look done
Let me put it this way:

I knew a man once upon a time whom no one would accuse of being anything less than a real man. He was a jeweler in New York City, diamond setting, diamond cutting, stone setting, in a little shop on the fortieth-plus floor of a Manhattan building adjacent to Rockefeller Center. And among his habits was this: He kept a set of fresh shirts and ties in his shop, in a small closet. Every afternoon, when his day's work was done, he would take off the shirt and tie he wore for the day, wash over a deep sink in the back of the shop, don one of those fresh shirts and ties, with a little fresh cologne (his favourite was Old Spice), and only then would he lock up his shop, take the elevator down, walk up to the 6th Avenue subway, board a train, then get off two stations later to wait for his wife (she was a bookkeeper) and take the D train home to the Bronx together.

He admitted without apology that he did those things at the end of every day because he didn't want his wife to be greeted after work by a wrung-out slob of a man.

And he did those things until the day he retired.

I saw him do them often enough. You see, I had a habit of visiting him downtown, if I happened to be in the city during my teenage years and he happened to be working Saturdays, which he did often enough. And often enough I'd catch him at day's end going through the same routine. Or, if I were to be spending a weekend or a school break with him and his wife, I'd meet him at the shop at day's end and we'd go up to the Bronx together after stopping to meet his wife for the rest of the ride and, subsequently, walk home.

That man was my maternal grandfather.

And any man who'd go to all that trouble to make himself presentable to his wife every day, even after fifty years of marriage, was more of a man to me than any man I'd ever known. Did I mention that my maternal grandfather was the also the courtliest man I ever knew, too? (When he died, his surviving sisters---recalling their rules for the young men who came to court them---spoke of their two major rules, and they were bragging about it. Appropriately. "They had to be as handsome as Harry [a great-uncle] and as much of a gentleman as Morris [my grandfather].")

It's a shame that, among other things, a) only too many men don't take the same attitude toward their wives or their girl friends now (and how many of these men have the unmitigated gall to fume when their wives or girl friends don't put forth any effort in return to look fetching?); and, b) that only too many workplaces today don't have such facilities as would make it possible for a man to do as my grandfather did for my very appreciative grandmother for all those years.

Old 11-14-2009, 04:29 PM

8,421 posts, read 14,337,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhistlerMCMLV View Post
Let me put it this way:

I knew a man once upon a time whom no one would accuse of being anything less than a real man. He was a jeweler in New York City, diamond setting, diamond cutting, stone setting, in a little shop on the fortieth-plus floor of a Manhattan building adjacent to Rockefeller Center. And among his habits was this: He kept a set of fresh shirts and ties in his shop, in a small closet. Every afternoon, when his day's work was done, he would take off the shirt and tie he wore for the day, wash over a deep sink in the back of the shop, don one of those fresh shirts and ties, with a little fresh cologne (his favourite was Old Spice), and only then would he lock up his shop, take the elevator down, walk up to the 6th Avenue subway, board a train, then get off two stations later to wait for his wife (she was a bookkeeper) and take the D train home to the Bronx together.

He admitted without apology that he did those things at the end of every day because he didn't want his wife to be greeted after work by a wrung-out slob of a man.

And he did those things until the day he retired.

I saw him do them often enough. You see, I had a habit of visiting him downtown, if I happened to be in the city during my teenage years and he happened to be working Saturdays, which he did often enough. And often enough I'd catch him at day's end going through the same routine. Or, if I were to be spending a weekend or a school break with him and his wife, I'd meet him at the shop at day's end and we'd go up to the Bronx together after stopping to meet his wife for the rest of the ride and, subsequently, walk home.

That man was my maternal grandfather.

And any man who'd go to all that trouble to make himself presentable to his wife every day, even after fifty years of marriage, was more of a man to me than any man I'd ever known. Did I mention that my maternal grandfather was the also the courtliest man I ever knew, too? (When he died, his surviving sisters---recalling their rules for the young men who came to court them---spoke of their two major rules, and they were bragging about it. Appropriately. "They had to be as handsome as Harry [a great-uncle] and as much of a gentleman as Morris [my grandfather].")

It's a shame that, among other things, a) only too many men don't take the same attitude toward their wives or their girl friends now (and how many of these men have the unmitigated gall to fume when their wives or girl friends don't put forth any effort in return to look fetching?); and, b) that only too many workplaces today don't have such facilities as would make it possible for a man to do as my grandfather did for my very appreciative grandmother for all those years.
Amen and well said.

When the rubber meets the road it's all about respect. Younger, older, doesn't mean much. I respect you enough to be at least clean and neat. I hope you will do the same for me.

I don't think that's too much to ask!

Old 11-14-2009, 10:49 PM

1,581 posts, read 2,044,948 times
Quote:
Do they like the physical characteristics of a man who is a "metrosexual" or no? I read an article and many women said that they love it because they are tired of their husbands who don't take care of their appearance as well as their body? I keep my haircut,go to the gym 4 to 6 times a week and have my eyebrows waxed every month and a half so they always look done
I'm sorry but I am not a big fan of the whole "metrosexual" look. I like my guys to be a little rugged - whether they're younger or older.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:38 AM

1 posts, read 1,954 times
I am 22 and my ex is 23 we were together for 6 years but he left me for
A lady in her 40s and now they are married but only known each other for
1year wold it last long
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships