Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 02:27 AM

9 posts, read 18,853 times

Advertisements

Come to think of it, all of my X's as well.
I have all ways had my own bed, and I love it that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 02:31 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,771,359 times
There are times when its good to cuddle up too. The warmth sometimes feels really good. Depends on how I feel. During chemo I didn't want anyone close to me at all. A queen sized bed felt like a army cot.

Old 09-16-2008, 05:44 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,168,876 times
I don't sleep very well away from my hubby. He puts out a lot of nice and warm heat - whereas I lose body heat too quickly. Perfect combination. He's warm, I'm ice cold.

The snoring... well, I've *numerous times* used a clothespin on his nose.

Old 09-16-2008, 05:31 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,030,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
are you the one that sleeps on the couch mr. gassy pants? just kidding I know you are perfect...

heck if my husband was constantly farting and snoring he'd be sleeping in da dog house...with da dirty filthy dog.

p.s. it would be awful if the husband sharted in his sleep.....
rotflmao

You're so bad, Artsy.

I do better sleeping with my better half if we're in a queen-king size bed. He's a big guy, so otherwise tis a bit crowded.
I HATE it when he sticks his cold feet under me in the middle of the night though. Seems Im the warm one in this relationship..rather odd huh? lol

Old 09-16-2008, 05:36 PM

3,400 posts, read 8,030,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
Sleeping separately can be great - you don't have to fight for the covers or disturb them with your scratching and your farts. You can roll around as much as you want without a hand slapping you upside the head.

But as for sex - I've found it's usually better to be together for that.
Im betting that the smacking isnt accidental....

Old 09-18-2008, 12:03 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,921,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
I don't sleep very well away from my hubby. He puts out a lot of nice and warm heat - whereas I lose body heat too quickly. Perfect combination. He's warm, I'm ice cold.

The snoring... well, I've *numerous times* used a clothespin on his nose.
LOL @ putting a clothespin to stop your husband from snoring.

He probably freaked out the first time you did that. Now, he should probably put it on himself before retiring for the night.

Old 09-18-2008, 12:51 AM

3,966 posts, read 10,697,875 times
I don't understand what the big deal is about sleeping in separate rooms or beds. Cuddle time after sex, cuddle time before someone falls asleep, spend time with each other. Why do you need to be together in sleep? to have a miserable time? lol.

My grandparents have used separate bedrooms for years and are still together.

Old 09-21-2008, 02:45 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Another CNN article:
We're married, sleeping separately

Who else does this? If so, has it made your sex life better, worse, or still the same? How about the non-sex part of the relationship (like that should matter )?
Well...not married...

But she maintains a normal sleep schedule, and I work overnights, so I sleep days. We don't "sleep" together. We sleep at different times.

Old 09-21-2008, 05:08 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,170,124 times
Due to the fact that my wife is an early morning person and I am, and have always been a night owl we have separate bedrooms.
We slept together for 20 plus years and were always waking each other when we didn't want to be woke up.
After the kids (6 of them) grew up and left the nest we decided to have our own rooms.
She can have her room the way she wants and I can have mine the way I want and we don't disturb each other with our different body clock sleeping habits.
It doesn't mean we don't love each other. After 28 years of being together we are still best friends and have no marital problems.
And we do have open visitation rights to each others rooms if either one of us feels the need to be together.
It has worked out well. We didn't do it to ignore each other.
We are probably closer than we would have been had we kept complaining about keeping each other from getting enough sleep.
There may be a wall between us but the doors are always open.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships