Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 06:44 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Laughing after every time you finish a sentence should have stopped after HS. It just makes someone sound like they aren't playing with a full deck.
I find giggly overly bubbly people annoying in general. Either they laugh and giggle after everything they say. Or you're have a conversation, and they find everything you say funny. My cousin is that way.You can finish a sentence without them laughing.

Old 07-29-2016, 07:24 PM

461 posts, read 508,672 times
My husband laughs after every sentence. He can find the most mundane things amusing. It can get annoying but I am used to it. Sometimes my daughters and I laugh at what he says just because he is laughing and it is weird. I had a professor like this in college as well.

Old 07-29-2016, 11:25 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,927,232 times
My mom is just like this.

Laughs and giggles all the time when talking, even when she's on the phone.

Luckily I did not inherit this particular trait from her!

Old 10-07-2016, 11:39 AM

1 posts, read 4,101 times
I hope you dont take anyone who has commented on your situation advice!
Not one reply was thoughtful or educated..
You only have to google this guys idiosyncrasies or habits to realise its deeper than just an annoying laugh.
My girlfriend is pretty much exactly the same as your acquaintance..to a tea actually...it has annoyed me for quite sometime,so i googled this..and found out that it is underlying facts to it..so i told my partner about her habit,and now she is pissed off with me..which is the clique reaction to her problem..i am hoping she can now get help to curve this annoying tic..

Old 10-07-2016, 12:23 PM

114 posts, read 92,267 times
what about the people that don't laugh and just say "That's funny" or "That's really funny"

Old 10-07-2016, 01:12 PM

708 posts, read 577,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
Some people laugh when they are nervous and he is probably lonely thats why he calls so often. Having you come over with the kids there is easier and cheaper than getting a babysitter. If your not interested in being instant mommy then let him know and don't lead him on.

I agree that he's probably lonesome and is nervous talking to you. It sounds like he needs to connect with a single mom in the same boat. I wouldn't hurt his feelings by telling him he's a bore and drives you crazy. Just simply tell him that you've reconnected with an old beau. The laughing would make me nuts too!

PS I just realized this post was a century old!

Last edited by Stacey27520; 10-07-2016 at 01:27 PM..

Old 01-01-2017, 09:38 PM

1 posts, read 4,005 times
My brother does this constantly! He's done this most of his life! And yes, it is very annoying! I will look at him with a serious almost angry face and it doesn't bother him. He just keeps talking! One psychologist diagnosed this dysfunction as OCD. I believe he is right! My brother, I love him, but he drives me nuts with his abnormal quirks.

Old 01-02-2017, 07:14 PM

866 posts, read 629,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl118 View Post
About 3 months ago, I was waiting for a friend of mine at this place called the Green Iguana for dinner. While waiting, this man approached me for some idle chit-chat, on his way to the restroom, I would guess. A very handsome man, very outgoing - and very cool.
And hooked into your NEEDINESS,

Quote:
My friend met me, we had dinner - and while leaving, this man and I caught each others eyes - (he was there with his twin sister and his best friend) - but neither of us made any attempt for numbers etc. But the basic physical attraction was there.
Your NEEDINESS was also there!

Quote:
3-1/2 weeks ago, I was standing in line at Publix (grocery store), and guess who walked up behind me to pay for his stuff - him. We were surprised and giggled at running into each other (blah - blah - blah) and he asked for my number and email address. Gave it to him and he gave me his.
Your own NEEDINESS and low self worth made you fall for the offer of some ATTENTION from him.

Quote:
I prefer to meet kids a bit later on, if you know what I mean. I first like to see if I can get along with someone before having the kids thrown at me.
But your desperate NEED for attention and love drove you on.

Quote:
I explained to him how I felt about meeting his kids so soon when we had not even been out one time. he seemed to "kinda" understand.
NEEDINESS makes it nearly impossible to communicate well with anyone and especially a USER like that guy.

Quote:
Him: "Blah blah blah" ---HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

Me------------->
Yes, that "stunned & helpless" face is how NEEDY folks are when being used by a USER.

Quote:
I couldn't hang up. I was too nice.
You were TOOOO NEEDY and desperate for love and attention.

Quote:
I just hung on by a thread.
NEEDY, desperate for attention folks simply cannot cope with USERS!

Quote:
But I wonder. Anyone ever run into someone like this before? Someone where they laugh after EVERY sentence??? Forget the parts where its all about him, I just never met anyone before where a laugh followed everything. How annoying!
As a public entertainer, I run into those USERS all of the time and it's only "annoying" when you are very NEEDY and allow them to USE you just to get a little attention all because of bad/low self esteem and worth in BOTH the USER and their Victim (you). The USER wants attention and the NEEDY victim wants attention.

Quote:
At first I was a little teensie flattered
NEEDY, low self esteem folks are ALWAYS "flattered" when given a little attention.

Quote:
he invited me as much as it didn't sit well with me - but it became TOTALLY creepy after the 2nd and 3rd time. Follow me?
Yes, you are a sitting duck for USERS because you are so NEEDY and INSECURE.

Quote:
It cannot be nerves. I don't buy it. You wouldn't either if you heard it. I've laughed after something when I was really nervous - but this is not what he does. It's freaking retarded. Why do some people do this? Do they not know?
It's SHAME! He feels ashamed at some deep level so his laugh is saying, "Hey, I'm OK and funny!", but deep down he FEELS ashamed and not OK!

Quote:
And how do you tell someone, "Hey, stop laughing after everything you say." Then it makes you look like a drip or an unhappy person that laughter annoys, which isn't the case.
But that is the case!

Quote:
Have you ever told someone to stop laughing after every sentence before? Your thoughts?
I wouldn't because it won't stop them anyway and might even make them WORSE to prove to you that they really are OK and so you must be WRONG.

Quote:
PS. Yes, I will continue to avoid his calls. Noottttt interested.
And then go to work on fixing your own emotional NEEDS which invites these USERS into your life. I'd google: self esteem or self respect ASAP.

Old 01-02-2017, 07:40 PM

602 posts, read 395,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrich View Post
And hooked into your NEEDINESS,

Your NEEDINESS was also there!

Your own NEEDINESS and low self worth made you fall for the offer of some ATTENTION from him.

But your desperate NEED for attention and love drove you on.

NEEDINESS makes it nearly impossible to communicate well with anyone and especially a USER like that guy.

Yes, that "stunned & helpless" face is how NEEDY folks are when being used by a USER.

You were TOOOO NEEDY and desperate for love and attention.

NEEDY, desperate for attention folks simply cannot cope with USERS!

As a public entertainer, I run into those USERS all of the time and it's only "annoying" when you are very NEEDY and allow them to USE you just to get a little attention all because of bad/low self esteem and worth in BOTH the USER and their Victim (you). The USER wants attention and the NEEDY victim wants attention.

NEEDY, low self esteem folks are ALWAYS "flattered" when given a little attention.

Yes, you are a sitting duck for USERS because you are so NEEDY and INSECURE.

It's SHAME! He feels ashamed at some deep level so his laugh is saying, "Hey, I'm OK and funny!", but deep down he FEELS ashamed and not OK!

But that is the case!

I wouldn't because it won't stop them anyway and might even make them WORSE to prove to you that they really are OK and so you must be WRONG.

And then go to work on fixing your own emotional NEEDS which invites these USERS into your life. I'd google: self esteem or self respect ASAP.
you're not serious.

Old 01-02-2017, 08:37 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfRescuingPrincess View Post
you're not serious.
Oh I'm afraid he is. He must feel such a euphoric high from self congratulating prattle, for a thread the OP hasn't revisited since 2008.

Just look at all the time he took to multi quote and pick apart each of her comments. He really schooled her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.