Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 07:38 PM

38 posts, read 34,121 times

Advertisements

I'm shy and awkward and not good looking. I've never asked a girl out. Girls don't like me. I make decent money for my age 50k/year and have my own house on the ocean (hand me down) but girls don't care. GIrls just want guys who are fun and goodlooking. I'm a great person, but it's not enough if you are shy and average looking. I can't help but think I wouldn't be in this situation if I were gay. It's just not fair. I want love. I think about it everyday and it hurts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2017, 08:03 PM

9,504 posts, read 4,342,349 times
One word: confidence. One of the ugliest guys I know has a beautiful wife and children. He's got a positive attitude and exudes confidence (not arrogance).

You're projecting your negative image of yourself. Confidence and genuine compassion and kindness make all of the difference in the world.

I wish you the best of luck, but you need to truly believe that the answer to your problems are within your power to solve.

Do not rely on money and material possessions to attract women.

Old 03-12-2017, 08:09 PM

42 posts, read 76,995 times
you are not your money or your looks. you are a beautiful person with meaning... If no one wants to get to know you, its their loss. What makes you amazing and beautiful is who you are inside. I know this is a cliché but its true.. Love yourself and if people cant see your beauty then they are not worth it.

Old 03-12-2017, 08:12 PM

862 posts, read 976,409 times
If you cannot get a date, buy one like once every few weeks until you do meet women, and do not worry they will come,
you got to put yourself out there, also looks are not that important, just got to get some mojo.

Old 03-12-2017, 08:14 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
One word: confidence. One of the ugliest guys I know has a beautiful wife and children. He's got a positive attitude and exudes confidence (not arrogance).

You're projecting your negative image of yourself. Confidence and genuine compassion and kindness make all of the difference in the world.
I agree with this...

Also consider the dating pool you engage in.... change it. Sometimes people place themselves in a situation or place (bar, party, club etc) that is out of their element. A timid person may feel a bit overwhelmed at a night club for example. Some people do best meeting others in clubs; sports, hobbies, reading, other interests. The fact that it is a club means there is already an existing common interest... it is easier for a shy person to start with that common interest to break the ice and start a conversation.

Old 03-12-2017, 09:21 PM

83 posts, read 86,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenibutgod View Post
I'm shy and awkward and not good looking. I've never asked a girl out. Girls don't like me. I make decent money for my age 50k/year and have my own house on the ocean (hand me down) but girls don't care. GIrls just want guys who are fun and goodlooking. I'm a great person, but it's not enough if you are shy and average looking.
I'm 22, almost 23, and I'm also average-looking. I've been dating a very attractive girl for the past 8 months, and I still can't figure out why she's into me. Every day that passes, I feel like I dodged a bullet another day (the bullet where she tells me she wants to end the relationship). I'll be lucky if I see my first anniversary with her. I'm not counting on that. In that case, it will probably be a long time, if ever, before I date again.

Old 03-12-2017, 09:37 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,406,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek2017 View Post
I'm 22, almost 23, and I'm also average-looking. I've been dating a very attractive girl for the past 8 months, and I still can't figure out why she's into me. Every day that passes, I feel like I dodged a bullet another day (the bullet where she tells me she wants to end the relationship). I'll be lucky if I see my first anniversary with her. I'm not counting on that. In that case, it will probably be a long time, if ever, before I date again.
Don't worry, you'll probably end up self-sabotaging your own relationship before that happens due to your insecurities.

Back to the main topic at hand, phenibutgod, have you given online dating a try? I think it fits us shy/introverts to a tee.

Old 03-12-2017, 09:45 PM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times
The secret to all this I believe is knowing yourself better. Being comfortable with yourself means that others are comfortable with you too. Reflection or meditation can help you be less frustrated, less angry, more content with the world in which you live. Try affirmations both morning and evening.

There are many free resources on the internet to help us become more aware of who we are and find out where we are going with our life. If no-one is attracted into your life, then you need to start the process by looking at yourself and going inside by whichever method appeals to you.

I realise this sounds all woo, but if what you have tried in the past does not work.... then you need to try something else.

Old 03-12-2017, 09:45 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,747,375 times
Maybe you should try watching stand-up comedy. Then you can be funny like David Letterman and get dates in no time.

btw what area do you live? Just asking because I'd like to make 50k and own a house close to the beach. Definitely can't do that in California.

Old 03-12-2017, 09:46 PM

83 posts, read 86,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Back to the main topic at hand, phenibutgod, have you given online dating a try? I think it fits us shy/introverts to a tee.
Yes and no. On any given dating app or website, men FAR outnumber women. In other words, there could be 5 men competing for the attention of each woman. That assumes all things being equal. Of course, that won't be the case, because certain people are more attractive/desirable than others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships