U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 11:06 PM

14,755 posts, read 15,111,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
Do you dislike black men? Why white men?
The same question went through my head.

When a person says, "I only date people of my own race," I think that this is pretty standard. That's what you see in a shopping mall, even in large cities...white man with white woman, black man with black woman, East Indian man with East Indian woman in traditional garb, etc.

When a person says, "I only date people of (insert name of another) race," I think it's about some kind of cleansing. Sorry. Some of my ethnic friends have 'fessed up to this....Hispanic men who did NOT want to date other Hispanics, Jewish men who did NOT want to date Jewish women, Middle Eastern women who did NOT want to date Middle Eastern men...and on and on...

Back to the OP - I think that black women DO NOT like white men AS MUCH as white women like black men, for many of the reasons listed above.

Last edited by robertpolyglot; 09-18-2008 at 11:15 PM.. Reason: Messed up the last sentence

Old 09-19-2008, 10:21 AM

5,612 posts, read 9,612,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
Nope,They dont..
I think many black women view white guys as weak,geeky,boring,etc
You couldn't be more wrong if you tried. White are very sexy, elegant and intelligent. I date White men because too many Blacks accuse me of "acting White" because I don't use slang, I hate hip-hop (I actually think it should be banned), I love art, wine and nature and a lot (not all, by any strech) of Black men don't share those interests.

Old 09-19-2008, 11:15 AM

1,575 posts, read 1,378,273 times
Smile CESpeed, you have a fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
You couldn't be more wrong if you tried. White are very sexy, elegant and intelligent. I date White men because too many Blacks accuse me of "acting White" because I don't use slang, I hate hip-hop (I actually think it should be banned), I love art, wine and nature and a lot (not all, by any strech) of Black men don't share those interests.
First of all, I'm black and male...secondly, as my young nephew says (I'm not mad atcha' for having the courage to state and live by your preference...I'm a non-slanger, never have cared much for hip-hop, but I wanted to touch on one particular point you made, because it's always been a hot-button topic for me...to wit: I don't know who made up the utterly ridiculous and absurd notion that you are 'not black enough' if you don't slur your words, wear pants that show your buttcrack, have multiple baby mamas/daddies, have a gun stuck in your waistband/pocket (penis issues--as in the gun is an extension of LOL), a mouth full of fake gold teeth, a head of hair that some poor horse obviously misses, etc, etc, but that person needs to have his or her a** whipped...who said that whites have the market cornered on manners, class, status, success, etc? Or that we (blacks) are that much 'blacker' if we carry on like knuckle-dragging, loud-mouthed, violent dumba**es, and forget any manners or home training we might have been taught earlier in life?

I stand shoulder to shoulder with you on that, dear lady, as does my wife---we have relatives right now who embody EVERY SINGLE NEGATIVITY that I just listed, and think there's absolutely nothing wrong with being unwashed, lazy, and just plain ignorant...and that really gets me torqued! So know that there are others like you who hold their heads high and refuse to live as a walking stereotype (never tried the interracial dating route---my wife had earlier on)

Old 09-19-2008, 11:41 AM

9 posts, read 42,520 times
Black women have been stereotyped by the media for decades as being "unfeminine".
All cultures, worldwide, place white women on a pedestal. Black men who date and marry white women, consider themselves as having a "trophy" , especially if the white woman they hook up with is even remotely attractive.
Black women also get paid less than their average white female counterparts. A white female with a high school diploma can earn upwards of $70,000 annually, white a black female with the same credentials can only earn about $20,000 annually, and is probably working two jobs to make ends meet. So rarely, do you find one who is indeed marriageable, or prepared, (bills paid, lives alone, no kids outside of marriage, good credit, money in the bank) to get married.
Black women have to deal with a cultural phenomenon....Black men who feel comfortable "moving in" with their women. A black guy moved into my apartment with me, nine years ago. I've caught hell getting him out, and I missed out on a great romantic and marriage opportunity, because he was in the way! I should have left, period...but was caught up in the horrible realization that I would have to leave my own home, to get any peace, and to make myself marriageable again. I'm looking for a place now, and will have to start over again, because of a Black man, who had nothing to offer me, and decided to try to use me to get back on his feet. The man I lost, ended up meeting a white woman on the internet, and marrying her within a week. I am heartbroken about it now. His picture is all over my office, and I know he'll never come back to me, especially after having his choice of white women, who are all over the internet, shopping for "black men". Black men are making me sick. They are all over the internet, shopping for white women. I feel that white women who have to go on the internet to find anybody, black or white, are desperate! I don't care what they look like...these women are desperate, and these brothers are desperate, shopping on the internet for them! The white lady whom my lost love married within a week, after meeting on the internet, had five kids, three former husbands, and ended up being extremely violent to him! Serves him right!
I don't think Black women have been marketed as being desirable, by the white controlled media, by Black men who have been influenced by what they've seen and heard about black women, and black women themselves, who go around denigrating each other, as well as women from other races, who end up with black men.
Black men are also disrespectful of Black women. It seems like Black women have to do this "superwoman" thing of saving them, helping them get on their feet, and helping them survive. My lost love was a truck-driver, who lost his house, his truck, and everything. Once he got back on his feet financially, he got a new truck, he got his teeth fixed, went out and bought a laptop computer, got new clothes, and immmediately started shopping around for a white woman. When it comes to white people period, black men tend to put their best foot forward. [mod cut]Last part was a little TOO stereotypical and harsh...

Last edited by LadyRobyn; 09-21-2008 at 10:54 AM.. Reason: Last part was a little TOO stereotypical and harsh..

Old 09-19-2008, 12:01 PM

353 posts, read 891,868 times
I am a Black woman who dates interracially. I have no problem admitting that I find non-Black men attractive. It seems that lately no non-Black men have the guts to approach me, though (a lot of the non-Black guys here in DC are either very straight-laced or hipsterish and tend to stick with their own).

I date outside my race because I do like expanding my options. I too am non-stereotypically Black (I love 80's pop music, reading, learning new words, playing Scrabble, just to name a few) and not too many Black guys where I am share my interests. The only Black guys who approach me have no respect for Black women whatsoever (my name is not "Boo," "Shorty" or "B***h," you dumb-asses), and I want nothing to do with them. Instead of settling for stereotypical idiots, I choose to search elsewhere.

And to those of you who question if Black women like non-Black men, there are many blogs out there by Black women who are open to dating outside their race and encourage other Black women to do so as well.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:05 PM

2,732 posts, read 4,300,096 times
Quote:

My point was that many black women feel that way.
I could see why you date white men(common interests,likes)
Probably the reason i dont date black women(taste in music,film,interests)
That and most black women have zero interest in me lol

Old 09-19-2008, 12:11 PM

124 posts, read 334,849 times
[quote=Spincycle;5269218]From what I have seen BW tend to stick w/BM. BM & WW are very open to IR dating, WM dating AW is popular but not as much as BM dating WW. In some locales it is safe for a BM to be with a WW but not a WM to be with a BW (a fear factor is there).

What the F R U Trying 2 say?

Last edited by LadyRobyn; 09-21-2008 at 11:06 AM.. Reason: orphaned post/removed link

Old 09-19-2008, 12:24 PM

124 posts, read 334,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
I've noticed pink gals prefer blue guys.
Just to let you know, all women love my blue eyes.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:34 PM

5,413 posts, read 10,627,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by o boy View Post
Just to let you know, all women love my blue eyes.
http://www.subjektiv.eu/photoblog/images/20061026125352_behind-blue-eyes.jpg (broken link)

Old 09-19-2008, 02:36 PM

3,721 posts, read 1,333,099 times
Quote:
I'm not going to pretend to have the answer, have figures or reasons, but I have always had a nagging feeling that for some black women who have chosen to exclusively date white men it might have something to do with "cleansing" as another poster stated. Who knows

What I do know is that of the Black women I've known to date white men, you have those who think it's taking them up a "notch", they see a white man as some sort of status symbol and those who just happen to find a person they click with.

Saying "Blacks think I'm too white" is a cop out and thinking Black men aren't "refined" is an insult to Black people as a whole. If you go looking in the ghetto of course you will have a hard time finding a Black man who shares your interests. Truth be told some of these same women couldn't tell the difference between your basic Chardonay and Saviougn Blanc and couldn't tell you a thing about Impressionism.

I can't say I have a preference although I have a weakness for South American men, however the biggest loves of my life have been white, It just happend that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships