Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 04:33 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,307,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anadyr21 View Post
In defense of the post you're referring to (I did this in my previous post as well) the "acting white" statement is put in quotations. I don't know if the poster meant "acting white" in the context of what people perceive to be a black person who speaks correct English, but I did want to point out that would be why someone would put that in quotations. Sadly, quite a few blacks would (and do) refer to her as being someone who "acts white". I think we see CESpeed's post differently due to her context of "acting white"
I also think it was meant in the context of what others perceived, however stating having an appreciation of wine and art is quite lame and shows a degree of ignorance on the part of the poster.

Old 09-21-2008, 05:30 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,178,585 times
In quotes or not, does not make a difference. I'm not being graded for punctuation use am I?

I made my point and that's that. It does not matter if we see her post different, that's fine if we do. I know what she's speaking of and so do you. Let's leave it at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anadyr21 View Post
In defense of the post you're referring to (I did this in my previous post as well) the "acting white" statement is put in quotations. I don't know if the poster meant "acting white" in the context of what people perceive to be a black person who speaks correct English, but I did want to point out that would be why someone would put that in quotations. Sadly, quite a few blacks would (and do) refer to her as being someone who "acts white". I think we see CESpeed's post differently due to her context of "acting white"

Last edited by Ron.; 09-21-2008 at 05:40 AM..

Old 09-21-2008, 05:39 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,178,585 times
I agree it is a lame excuse.

When I hear blacks say that other blacks say they act white,the first thing that comes to mind are poor uneducated blacks. Many working class, middle blacks,etc........do not usually say things like that. It's usually blacks that are on the lower economic scale. Even with that group of blacks I would say it's a small portion that would say it.

If that's the case in this situation, she would be advised to select a new group of blacks to associate with.

It's hard to believe that blacks that she does not know would say things like that to her.

I think it's a case of "She thinks that's what they think" more so than people actually thinking it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
I also think it was meant in the context of what others perceived, however stating having an appreciation of wine and art is quite lame and shows a degree of ignorance on the part of the poster.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:41 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,110,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
Some Black women need to stop blaming their situation on others and should rid themselves of the "woe be me" mentality.
I would really like to know how is it as a WHITE woman you would ANYTHING about BLACK women or our experiences? You sound like an ignorant, judmental idiot. Unless or until you have been a Blakc woman growing up in AMERICA you are hardly qualified to make this judgement or he one you made about me. Unless you have had people in your face telling you you don't belong to your own race, you can't possibly understand what I'm saying. Only non-White people who have had this happen to them can understand. And I'm including Asians and Hispanics because they have this problem when they assimilate (or try to) to American culture.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:56 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,110,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
*sigh.......... at this post*

First off..there is no such thing as acting white. It's the same as speaking, you either speak and read correct english or you don't.

Are you saying being black is using slag? I really doubt that blacks tell you..."You act white because YOU DO NOT use slang".
That sounds like a ton of BS.

(Hey White Boy grow up Black in a Black neighborhood and you might get a clue.)

Are you 17 years old? Because you sound as if you are interacting with children not adults. I had no idea ALL BLACKS listend to Rap music. That's a new one.........(gee-whiz) For the record,I listen to traditional jazz.

Are you saying black men do not like wine,art and nature. You cannot be serious!!!!!!!

(If you could read, you see that I said "not all".)

It seems you have more issues with yourself than you do with black men.

(I have no issues with myself. I am a strong Black woman who has a strong family history that makes me proud to be a Black woman)

Your entire post is reeking with self hate and confusion. Any white man that dates you is suspect. Why would any man date a lady that will not date her own race.

(The only thing the White men I date want to know is if I date White men on a regular basis. They visibly relax when I tell them I do.)

I am open to dating white women but I would never date one that will not and does not date their own race.
Your reading comprehension skills need some serious work. Again, a WHITE person speaking about the BLACK experience. Too funny.

Old 09-21-2008, 11:56 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,307,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
I would really like to know how is it as a WHITE woman you would ANYTHING about BLACK women or our experiences? You sound like an ignorant, judmental idiot. Unless or until you have been a Blakc woman growing up in AMERICA you are hardly qualified to make this judgement or he one you made about me. Unless you have had people in your face telling you you don't belong to your own race, you can't possibly understand what I'm saying. Only non-White people who have had this happen to them can understand. And I'm including Asians and Hispanics because they have this problem when they assimilate (or try to) to American culture.
Hmmm interesting. I hate to disappoint you darhlin' but I am Black which makes it all that much easier to see through you.

Do you think I "sound too white"?

Last edited by LadyRobyn; 09-21-2008 at 01:08 PM.. Reason: Thread is devolving quickly... Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships