U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 05:01 PM

687 posts, read 1,065,663 times

Advertisements

Hey, I'm so glad I found this forum! I agree totally with another poster on here who says that guys in bigger areas are way cooler than small-town country boys. I am so fed up with Southern guys! Uuugh! They are the biggest losers out there in the dating pool..hell, they'd rather be dating their overweight,butch-cut,tattooed half-sister than a lady like me who's got some class!They are rude, standoffish, ignorant, and don't give a damn about women. They seem to expect women to wait on them hand and foot. I mean, what is up with these men's lust for floozie women and the way they only date and then marry their childhood sweethearts?? Ick! Let me get an amen here from somebody.
My latest Southern disappointment was this guy from Shiloh who goes to my church group, dips Skoal, says he'd call-didn't. I have yet to meet a Southerner his age who doesn't act this way. Women, date Yankees. Date mid-westerners, westerners...foreigners...hell, you can date Arabic men and still do a whole lot better.
Most of my "exes" were somewhat foreign. Had different mixes of ethnicities. I have dated a nice New Yorker, a Wisconsin native,a Spanish mix Southern Californian. and have been propositioned or chatted up with by guys with mixed heritages. Even the not-great ones are better than the average Southern good ol' boy. I guess I will see the day I end up with a nice foreign guy. They are not perfect, but they are better than what you get in Dixie. I could go on all day about htis, but I realize I have to share this board. Happy dating.

Old 09-14-2008, 05:10 PM

13,779 posts, read 17,069,691 times
Pardon?? Rednecks are rednecks, no matter their physical location. This person you are talking about is a redneck and nothingmore.

My husband and I are both from the south and we have all our teeth, are very well educated, he does not date his siblings, watch Nascar, dip Skoal,have tattoos, shoot coons in the backyard or anything else you may try to throw out there in your blanket statements about southern men.

Also, a lady with class would never talk about such things, so you may need to take a look in the mirror.

Old 09-14-2008, 05:10 PM

625 posts, read 1,055,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoky_topaz View Post
Hey, I'm so glad I found this forum! I agree totally with another poster on here who says that guys in bigger areas are way cooler than small-town country boys. I am so fed up with Southern guys! Uuugh! They are the biggest losers out there in the dating pool..hell, they'd rather be dating their overweight,butch-cut,tattooed half-sister than a lady like me who's got some class!They are rude, standoffish, ignorant, and don't give a damn about women. They seem to expect women to wait on them hand and foot. I mean, what is up with these men's lust for floozie women and the way they only date and then marry their childhood sweethearts?? Ick! Let me get an amen here from somebody.
My latest Southern disappointment was this guy from Shiloh who goes to my church group, dips Skoal, says he'd call-didn't. I have yet to meet a Southerner his age who doesn't act this way. Women, date Yankees. Date mid-westerners, westerners...foreigners...hell, you can date Arabic men and still do a whole lot better.
Most of my "exes" were somewhat foreign. Had different mixes of ethnicities. I have dated a nice New Yorker, a Wisconsin native,a Spanish mix Southern Californian. and have been propositioned or chatted up with by guys with mixed heritages. Even the not-great ones are better than the average Southern good ol' boy. I guess I will see the day I end up with a nice foreign guy. They are not perfect, but they are better than what you get in Dixie. I could go on all day about htis, but I realize I have to share this board. Happy dating.
Sounds like a fine Christian opinion...what kind of church is that group in?

Old 09-14-2008, 05:25 PM

25,290 posts, read 27,503,462 times
Quote:
Maybe it's not that you're dating Southern guys. Maybe it's because you just have lousy taste in men.

Old 09-14-2008, 05:40 PM

15,422 posts, read 14,756,928 times
Really.....In one sentence, you talk about your church group, and in another, your cutting down people.
I am married to one of these southern boys you are talking about.
He`s a gentle, kind, considerate, patient man. You have been burned, but don`t slam all of these southern boys because of it!

Old 09-14-2008, 05:40 PM

45,168 posts, read 57,238,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Maybe it's not that you're dating Southern guys. Maybe it's because you just have lousy taste in men.
Oh gee, you wouldn't want her to take any personal responsibility for her dating life, would you??? It MUST be that all southern men are as she describes - give me a break.

Old 09-14-2008, 05:48 PM

Quote:
The more I read your words, the more I like you

Old 09-14-2008, 05:53 PM

7,169 posts, read 12,360,635 times
Quote:
LOL Might be one of the funniest things I've read since that guy who wanted to parachute into Alaska.
Priceless.

Old 09-14-2008, 05:54 PM

25,290 posts, read 27,503,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
The more I read your words, the more I like you
Why, thank you Mrs.

Old 09-14-2008, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Why, thank you Mrs.
My pleasure, CPG
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships