Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 06:28 AM

485 posts, read 1,840,082 times

Advertisements

One time I really feel for a women I was hooked up with during a blind date. We talked and talked and really hit it off. It was three dates before it got physical and six dates before it got really physical. But it ended quite abruptly when I saw that she had terrible ugly moles all over her body. I was turned off and lost interest.

Yes, this sounds like something from a Seinfeld (from 1990s TV) Episode. I know Jerry Seinfeld was always falling for girls but finding something about them that drove him crazy.

Another time I was completely turned off by the women's overly white skin. Another time by terrible stretch marks.

I am sure that many women found something about me physically that turned them off when it got romantic. But I wonder how common a quick end to the relationship happens due to these physical imperfections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 07:03 AM

13,784 posts, read 26,251,255 times
Have you been watching reruns of Friends??? Remember when Chandler dated the girl with the prosthetic leg?

Old 09-16-2008, 09:12 AM

288 posts, read 656,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refugee56 View Post

Yes, this sounds like something from a Seinfeld (from 1990s TV) Episode. I know Jerry Seinfeld was always falling for girls but finding something about them that drove him crazy.

Ha! Remember the Man hands episode? Too funny.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:28 AM

335 posts, read 1,113,264 times
If you have a problem with a someone's physical imperfections then you probably aren't that into them to begin with. I would think that if you totally dig someone then you can overlook certain things. But I could be wrong.

I don't care how shallow this sounds. I don't care how beautiful someone is on the inside but if you aren't attractive on the outside then you don't have a chance with me. but we can still be friends.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:31 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
you betcha. but its really not about the body. its about disclosure. whenever and wherever we find a lack of it we back peddle very very fast.
why is that so very hard for so many to understand.

Old 09-16-2008, 09:49 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Refugee56 View Post
But it ended quite abruptly when I saw that she had terrible ugly moles all over her body. I was turned off and lost interest.

Another time I was completely turned off by the women's overly white skin. Another time by terrible stretch marks.
No one has a perfect body and if you really like the person, you should be able to overlook them, just as you'd hope they'd be able to overlook your flaws. It's one thing to be turned off by someone who's overweight or has bad breath. These are things the person can change. But skin imperfections like moles or stretchmarks are things that a person is pretty much stuck with. The way I look at it is that if things like this will turn you off, you'll have a harder time when you get older. Your partner could get wrinkles, you might have a baby together and she gets stretchmarks from being pregnant, or she could be in an accident or have surgery that leaves scars. Will these things change how you look at the person?

Old 09-16-2008, 02:09 PM

904 posts, read 2,873,747 times
Okay..I have to admit...I got really turned off by a guy in college when I saw him without his shirt on. He had tons, and I mean tons of hair. Back hair, chest hair, hair, hair and more hair. I couldn't take it. I never went out with him again. And...I never told him why.

Old 09-16-2008, 02:12 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Ended - no; not started - yes.

Old 09-16-2008, 02:30 PM

4,739 posts, read 8,375,855 times
Good answer

Old 09-16-2008, 02:56 PM

471 posts, read 1,042,703 times
I have been turned off by physical imperfections. I don't feel bad about it either. That person doesn't need me to be with them if I cannot accept who they are. It has worked for me up to this point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships