Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 09:09 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,543,963 times

Advertisements

Hi, everyone, your friendly neighborhood moderator here. Please refrain from personal attacks. Also, let's please get this thread back on topic and away from "clown cars", etc. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2008, 09:12 PM

3,046 posts, read 6,285,206 times
I am 46, never marred, and no children.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:16 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,441,886 times
Never married, no children.

Didn't plan on it this way. Suppose if I'd met someone down the line, got married, it could all have been very different.

Sometimes regret it, sometimes don't.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:34 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,966,872 times
My mother's step brother is 56 years old and he has never been married and does not have any kids. For years the rumors have been flying around among family members that he is a closet homosexual because he rarely goes out on dates with women and he has a kind of feminine tone to his voice when he speaks and most of his close circle of friends are men. So all of the signs are there.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:55 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,629,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Immature...just like Jonathan...explains so much! Thanks for finally answering WHY people having children bother you...
I didn't make that up, I'd LOVE to take credit for it, but I think it was actually George Carlin, but as far as I cared it was from my friend Erik, who later told me Carlin said it. But that's where I got it, and I just think it's a really funny saying. It wasn't meant to be offensive, but I know some people here take offense easily

And yes I had a great childhood, honestly it was as good as anyone could hope for, had great parents and a lot of fun times, good friends, great memories. That doesn't mean I want to have kids, though, I don't see how that's related. I mean I don't want to relive childhood, it's ever forward in life, not backwards.

The point about it being other peoples' decisions, uhh, I thought maybe you were joking and hope you hadn't really thought that one through. Me having 16 pairs of pants isn't that big of a deal, they're just pants. But you having 8 kids impacts the entire earth, creates massive waste, because each person especially an American (and even myself, or especially myself as a big consumer) is hugely wasteful and uses up massive amounts of resources. Not to mention that the population problem is ALL of our problems, just like global warming! And yes, much of the time, WE DO have to pay for other peoples' kids!!!

Old 12-10-2008, 11:01 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,242,895 times
A happy childhood would not have produced such a bitter shallow man... and I am not only referencing this thread and your comments this evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
I didn't make that up, I'd LOVE to take credit for it, but I think it was actually George Carlin, but as far as I cared it was from my friend Erik, who later told me Carlin said it. But that's where I got it, and I just think it's a really funny saying. It wasn't meant to be offensive, but I know some people here take offense easily

And yes I had a great childhood, honestly it was as good as anyone could hope for, had great parents and a lot of fun times, good friends, great memories. That doesn't mean I want to have kids, though, I don't see how that's related. I mean I don't want to relive childhood, it's ever forward in life, not backwards.

The point about it being other peoples' decisions, uhh, I thought maybe you were joking and hope you hadn't really thought that one through. Me having 16 pairs of pants isn't that big of a deal, they're just pants. But you having 8 kids impacts the entire earth, creates massive waste, because each person especially an American (and even myself, or especially myself as a big consumer) is hugely wasteful and uses up massive amounts of resources. Not to mention that the population problem is ALL of our problems, just like global warming! And yes, much of the time, WE DO have to pay for other peoples' kids!!!

Old 12-10-2008, 11:04 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,130,581 times
Malthus must've reincarnated... and right on time to boot!

Old 12-10-2008, 11:04 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,507,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
That family is not on welfare, but there are people who don't have children that are. Go figure.
I do think they are getting hand outs though because why else would they be whoring out their family

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
:claps: Brilliant response!

Old 12-10-2008, 11:08 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,242,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Malthus must've reincarnated... and right on time to boot!
Yes, undoubtedly the Malthusian Trap is the reason for America's economic demise...and to think, I have played a huge role in it

Old 12-10-2008, 11:11 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,130,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Yes, undoubtedly the Malthusian Trap is the reason for America's economic demise...and to think, I have played a huge role in it
Well, depopulation is the goal of more than these two... so they're right up there with the times!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships