U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-22-2008, 02:21 AM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 2,116,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
That is terrible. God , I hope I don't come across like that! I am 44 and I like/love men and am active, childless, smart, romantic etc. etc. What a stereotype. Just because we have a uterus does not mean we want kids! I chose not have them, because I grew up in such horrible dysfunction, that I told myself I would never have kids ever and have them grow up like that. I was 19 when I said this and I still mean it. If more people thought like this, there would be less messed up kids around.

I enjoy my single life. I have been told I was attractive. We are not all dried up! I hate that stereotype. I get hit on by young men, older men, teenagers. People think I look young and I still have it going on!

When you got out with guys and they find out your age do they ask whats wrong with you? Not that I think there is but I know guys then to think that if you are attractive single and mature its because youre a maneater or something. As if they think that if no one else wants you then I dont either. I have a few friends/relatives in that situation
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 02:29 AM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 2,116,718 times
Why is it that (especially with women) you are valued by your marital status? A woman with no man and no kids is like tabu or something..atleast its been that way in my experiences. I hope to get married one day but i dont want kids so I dont know how that affects my chances of getting married. But whether I do or not I dont want to be considered one of the females in this thread. BTW I am too pretty to be manly and unattractive lol

Old 09-23-2008, 01:05 AM

15,738 posts, read 15,883,796 times
Never married, no kids Im aware of. I move a lot. Very happy with the situation, never had to give up half a house or my retirement savings.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:14 AM

1,222 posts, read 2,317,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
When you got out with guys and they find out your age do they ask whats wrong with you? Not that I think there is but I know guys then to think that if you are attractive single and mature its because youre a maneater or something. As if they think that if no one else wants you then I dont either. I have a few friends/relatives in that situation
No, they just tell me I look great for my age! Everyone has baggage, what kind of question is that. You are renforcing stereotypes by even writiing that. There is nothing wrong with me!

Old 09-23-2008, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
I just want to see how many exist is CD land........
Was married unfortunately, but no children thank god!

Old 09-23-2008, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
Why is it that (especially with women) you are valued by your marital status? A woman with no man and no kids is like tabu or something..atleast its been that way in my experiences. I hope to get married one day but i dont want kids so I dont know how that affects my chances of getting married. But whether I do or not I dont want to be considered one of the females in this thread. BTW I am too pretty to be manly and unattractive lol
If you think like that then you will get what you desire. Think that you look great and are wonderful and stop reenforcing that stereotype!!

Old 09-23-2008, 08:28 PM

182 posts, read 336,275 times
I'm 41 never married, no children. At this point in life it ain't gonna happen-I'm set in my ways-I control my destiny and I like it that way.

Old 11-29-2008, 03:11 PM

1 posts, read 4,077 times
Cool Another one in GA

My supervisor is 49, never married, and absolutely NO children. She's VERY booksmart with a SHARP wit, and fancies herself a comedian on the side. Not so bad to look at, though she prefers the very plain look; not in touch with her feminine side as far as (skirts and heels) ever.

Old 11-29-2008, 04:01 PM

1,435 posts, read 2,697,293 times
In Western Europe it's very common for people to be over 40 without ever being married or having kids. That is why they have the lowest birthrates in the world.

Old 11-29-2008, 04:40 PM

4,497 posts, read 1,950,795 times
I said that many times ago..
I am 39 years old never married and virgin.
If you are single, Will you marry me,,,Just kidding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships