Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2010, 11:41 AM

389 posts, read 776,737 times

Advertisements

As far as dating a metro sexual or "Feminine" man, ehhh ... I probably wouldn't be with one romantically. I tend to like rugged guys, country boys. You know, rough hands, maybe a thin beerd, dirty fingernails, broad shoulders, ooo yeah baby! I don't go for the manicured look ina guy. High-maintanance is annoying in women and men, I don't like it at all. Now being friends with feminine guys is ok. This goes back directly on men who have more women friends than guy friends. They're fun. Not gay necessarily, but fun to hang out with even though they like a different sex than I do. I would be friends with one, but my romantic and sexual tastes don't swing in the womanly direction. lol

Jessie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 12:03 PM

2 posts, read 4,926 times
Default be careful what you wish for;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
No give me the jarhead, harley ridin roughneck.......

A guy that spends more time in the bathroom than I do would NOT turn me on.

Well...I had one-"manly"- tattoed- iron worker- harley rider-man of few words ...who happened to be way more of a girl in our relationship than I ever was! He was passive,sensitive and weak quiet man cause he lacked self-esteem and confidence and was intimidated by women so he created his fake image of a strong, distant , tough guy.. LOL. And Iam very sexy,personable,hot ,feminine woman who usually triggers very manly attitude in men and I couldnt "outbit" him...
I like strong manly guys ...

Old 12-08-2010, 01:35 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,638,795 times
A lot of guys will try to act all tough and manly or fake confidence that they don't really have. They do it because they think that's what women want. At some point, though, the real person comes shining through. So while a woman might be turned off by "feminine" men, should also keep in mind that the "manly" guys she meets might not be as manly as they seem. I personally get a kick out seeing guys drop their voice whenever an attractive woman is nearby.

Old 12-08-2010, 01:57 PM

2 posts, read 4,926 times
DennyCrane
So true
Ps.Confident man to me is a man who is comfortable with him(real)self and has courage to express himself freely in an authentic way that doesnt include any kind of pose,play or pretending. Man who is vunerable,open and able to show his true ways,needs and feelings is not "not-manly" in any way.This is a sign of strengh

Old 12-08-2010, 04:38 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,066,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doglover29 View Post
Absolutely. I much prefer the feminine man to the macho man. In fact, I read somewhere once some study that showed that the feminine man makes a better husband and that women prefer them as husbands. I never liked guy's guy types. I had nothing in common with them. I don't like sports, drinking, cars, action movies or video games. I wanted a man who would be content to talk on the phone for hours, share feelings, have deep conversations, write me long emails, go shopping with me, share the housework with me, never screams or yells, is calm and approaches disagreements by rationally talking them out, is non-aggressive and love animals. My hubby has all of these traits; he's a metrosexual. He does have some male interests--he's in a couple of sports leagues and loves action movies (and doesn't like chick flicks).

Hubby loves cats, likes to shop (will shop with me for hours and hold my purse while I try on clothes), likes interior design, is willing to have deep conversations for hours, doesn't mind housework, and is very affectionate and loves to cuddle. The kind of man who would eagerly spend the afternoon scrapbooking and finds it fun! Also, the kind of man who's not afraid to have interests that differ from the typical male norm. I also think the feminine man is more woman-friendly. The feminine man probably wouldn't ogle women when you're out with him in public, make disrespectful comments about women or objectify women. They're usually the "nice" guys who are very respectful of women. That's the kind of guy I like, and that describes my husband perfectly.

I can't relate to the typical macho alpha male types. I'm extremely feminine, and these types of men rub me the wrong way. I can't stand their cockiness, their aggressiveness, their lack of empathy and perceptiveness. They're the kind of guy who sits in a chair with his legs wide apart, leaning back with his hands clasped behind his head, talking at you/over you and not really hearing what you're saying. I prefer the man who sits leaning forward in a chair, with his legs crossed, who speaks with you, and genuinely wants to hear what you have to say.

When I think of a movie that has both types personified I think of the movie "The Break-Up" with Vince Vaughn and Jennifer Aniston. Vince Vaughn's character would be the masculaine male type--not my type at all. Jennifer Aniston's friend's husband (Addie's husband in the movie) would be more of the feminine male (he was the blond guy).
I knew it! More girls like guys like me!

The things you speak of in your boyfriend is much like I am even if I came off like a conceited person sometimes. Guys like me make better partners and this is why I feel I have a reason to tell those that who make a bad choice.
I often shudder at complete masculinity honestly. I am the flaky eccentric "gay" looking guy.

Old 12-08-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBmom View Post
I'm with you sister! I have broken up with guys just because they had feminine traits. Give me a rugged, athletic man in a baseball cap. I'll even drink beer and watch the game with him. Oh wait...I have one at home.

You're a suburban Asheville area mom, IT FIGURES!!

Get out to the city!

Old 12-08-2010, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Mr. Rogers is way too effeminate and soft for me. It is a bit strange.

I like my guys to have a mix of masculine and effeminate traits. It makes them more interesting and sexier.

A very masculine man is probably too anti-social, non-emotional, and boring for me. I usually do not click with super masculine men.

Yea like Josef Stalin. He murdered a lot of people and thats how he got known and some people love him too, but too too boring otherwise.

Old 12-08-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Once a gay guy was whining at me that I was too effeminate and I should cut my hair short. Total Nazi he was.
Heh, was he really gay? LOL.

Anyways man, gay guys can be very superficial. Keep that hair.

Old 12-08-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
No give me the jarhead, harley ridin roughneck.......

A guy that spends more time in the bathroom than I do would NOT turn me on.

www.youtube.com/mrbignutz100

Hes your type.

Old 12-11-2010, 06:10 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,223,441 times
You mean just says thinks like "oh no he didnt" or are you talking about a man that twists his ass when he walks? If the latter, YUCK. I'm a guy and I get disgusted when I see guys doing that? But femininity such as using lotion or scented products, is okay, as long as he can balance it out w/ masculinity(i.e not always giving a damn if his clothes match, etc).

I'm a pretty balanced guy. One could look at me or talk to me and say that I have some feminine traits(interest in skin care), however, I'm not a really girly guy(like I'm not going to avoid contact w/ somebody b/c I have a pimple, and I'm not going get all dolled up to go to the dollar store, IT'S DOLLAR GENERAL FOR CRYING OUT LOUD).

Joel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships