U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-23-2012, 08:59 PM

287 posts, read 243,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I see nothing wrong with a man being in touch with his female side. I'm a straight male, 25(I'm turning 26 this Saturday). and I'm into some things that are seen as somewhat "feminine" or "soft" at least. I like Hello Kitty. I have a pop bottle, calendar, and my MP3 has a Hello Kitty sticker on it. Funny thing about that is this. Someone found out I liked Hello Kitty. According to him, I wouldn't get as many questions about the Hello Kitty thing if I was an Asian male. However, because I'm an African-American male, some persons might look at it is weird. I've been described as having a somewhat soft voice. I'm not into cars that much, at least not muscle cars or pickup trucks. I have watched Oprah and liked it. I do like sports(Seattle Mariners fan). However, I don't like football or basketball. I quite lighting candles "just because", particularly the scented ones. That's just me. I think differently.
Really? I would think any kind of man, regardless of race would raise a few questions. But oh well; you like what you like!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2012, 09:06 PM

15,748 posts, read 7,152,479 times
I think feminine men appeal to the really petite women.

I know one guy who I would say is feminine, because he spends like an hour and a half getting ready to go out every day. He spends most of his time picking out what he's going to wear and fixing his hair in a look that I've only seen on him, or possibly other men who have feminine facial features.

He gets plenty of attention of extremely feminine, petite women. It works for him, and I say more power to him. Because I'm not looking at those kinds of women.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:44 PM

28,702 posts, read 14,426,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
If he has more Estrogen then Testosterone then he is more Feminine.
Men have estrogen??

Old 04-23-2012, 09:50 PM

28,702 posts, read 14,426,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
JMHO, but sometimes society artificially "conditions" (straight) males, not to excessively display many of the emotional traits typically referred to as "feminine".

My own personal theory as to why? B/c soft, "feminine" straight men are simply obviously not gonna make good soldiers, in the event of a war. Ever wondered why young male children are given plastic soldiers and toy war machines to play with, as young children? That's why -- intentional social conditioning, for future prospective war. And to add insult to injury, many females are also artificially conditioned not to like these kind of men anyway, even if a few guys can actually escape the "programming box" (a la Matrix style)

ETA: If there were no wars at all whatsoever, and no emotional programming propaganda, I would wager that "feminine" straight males would actually be heavily in demand, and very popular.
This is so interesting. I read about a US Vietnam vet who went back to Vietnam to make amends. No, it was a 60 Minutes segment, actually. He returned to the area where he'd fought, and connected with a former Viet Cong soldier. They spent days together talking, and walking around the area so he could see what it was like now. They became friends. As a symbol of their friendship, the ex-Viet Cong guy wanted to take the American soldier's hand, to walk hand-in-hand, which is what men who are good friends do in Vietnamese culture. The American couldn't deal with it. Really couldn't do it. This offended his host, it was like a rejection of the friendship, but they got through it ok, and parted on good terms, with good memories.

Just goes to show how different cultures are, doesn't it?

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 04-23-2012 at 10:05 PM..

Old 04-23-2012, 09:52 PM

741 posts, read 205,613 times
I'm not trying to tote my boat but even though I'm single now I think I will make a great bf and husband,I just have to meet a nice and sweet girl. I have my eye on a few here, ladies watch out, it may be u.

Kisses <3
~SG~

Old 04-23-2012, 10:09 PM

25,279 posts, read 20,330,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlroadster View Post
Really? I would think any kind of man, regardless of race would raise a few questions. But oh well; you like what you like!
I might too, but this is what I was told.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:21 PM

25,279 posts, read 20,330,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmgeist View Post
I'm not trying to tote my boat but even though I'm single now I think I will make a great bf and husband,I just have to meet a nice and sweet girl. I have my eye on a few here, ladies watch out, it may be u.

Kisses <3
~SG~
I feel the same way about myself. I feel like I would make a good boyfriend or husband. I just haven't had the chance to prove it. I am looking for a woman who doesn't mind a man who has some effeminate tendencies.

Old 04-23-2012, 10:33 PM

658 posts, read 572,417 times
I think that they would make great friends! Metrosexual guys are GREAT shopping buddies.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:55 AM

287 posts, read 243,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetlilac View Post
I think that they would make great friends! Metrosexual guys are GREAT shopping buddies.
Ugh, that word. Another byproduct of social conditioning. What is that supposed to mean? Not quite Heterosexual and not quite Homosexual?

And why does this apply only to men anyways? Why is there no such thing as a Metrosexual woman? But I digress; you have the term tomboy, which is parallel.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:38 AM

4,158 posts, read 2,332,045 times
I'm currently dating a very feminine male (in tendencies not necessarily outward appearance). I have a propensity to date these types.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships