Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2015, 07:58 AM

29,734 posts, read 34,340,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I like how #2's needs in bed are presented as a drawback. Poor wife #1.
Wife #1 just lays back and thinks of England.

Old 09-13-2015, 08:09 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,224,281 times
The Mr. prefers #2, which worked out, because that's me... except for the working full-time part. I worked full-time until we had kids, and since then I have been in college and working freelance (mostly from home).

Old 12-01-2018, 03:35 PM

2 posts, read 844 times
Traditional, I,m 52. From Wisconsin/Minnesota

Old 12-01-2018, 04:37 PM

999 posts, read 552,898 times
The two categories in the OP are ridiculous beyond belief. Very few women would fit into either of those categories. As if "modern women" somehow aren't feminine or don't wear dresses? As if all "traditional woman" have sex whenever their husbands want to even when they're not in the mood? Please.

Most men I've met seem to want a modern woman. A working partner. When I was in my 20s, I wanted very badly to marry, have kids and be a stay at home mom. I couldn't find a guy willing to do that with me. None of them were capable of supporting a family with their income, and none of them really wanted to.

Over time, as I entered my 30s, I got over the idea of the traditional family and decided against having kids. I've been single a while, but it seems I am more appealing to men now than when I wanted to be a traditional housewife. Maybe it's just the type of men I attract, but most guys I meet now are pleased by the fact that I have my own career. A number of the men I've met in the past few years don't want kids, either. Or they already have kids and don't want more.

These are just the men who happen to be attracted to me, however. There are all kinds of men.

Old 12-01-2018, 04:39 PM

1,279 posts, read 850,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anu2 View Post
I got into a couple of interesting discussions today with women and we're starting to wonder what men these days are REALLY looking for. If you had the choice, which would you marry?

1) "Traditional" Woman: Has your children, stays at home to take care of them, cooks well, keeps the house very clean, wears very feminine clothing and keeps herself made up/hair done, etc, has sex whenever the husband wants, does more listening than talking, keeps her opinions to herself.

2) "Modern" Woman: Has a full-time job, earns approximately half of the household income, if she has kids she goes back to work by the time each child is 2-3 years old, cooks and cleans but expects her husband to do half of the work, is fashionable but usually wears jeans as opposed to dresses, likes sex but she needs her needs met in bed, is very aware of the economy, politics, the world, etc. and always states her mind.

Men--please choose which one you would marry and also mention your age and any other background about yourself.

Definitely 2) other than jeans- I don't care for them.

However, more important are shared values.

I'm 2) (other than jeans) and would prefer someone similar.

Old 12-01-2018, 04:49 PM

15,066 posts, read 10,083,448 times
Neither.. because the women I am attractive to don't fall squarely in either #1 nor #2.

Old 12-01-2018, 05:26 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,486,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anu2 View Post
I got into a couple of interesting discussions today with women and we're starting to wonder what men these days are REALLY looking for. If you had the choice, which would you marry?

1) "Traditional" Woman: Has your children, stays at home to take care of them, cooks well, keeps the house very clean, wears very feminine clothing and keeps herself made up/hair done, etc, has sex whenever the husband wants, does more listening than talking, keeps her opinions to herself.

2) "Modern" Woman: Has a full-time job, earns approximately half of the household income, if she has kids she goes back to work by the time each child is 2-3 years old, cooks and cleans but expects her husband to do half of the work, is fashionable but usually wears jeans as opposed to dresses, likes sex but she needs her needs met in bed, is very aware of the economy, politics, the world, etc. and always states her mind.

Men--please choose which one you would marry and also mention your age and any other background about yourself.
Somewhere in between the two.

Old 12-01-2018, 09:25 PM

52,165 posts, read 52,609,244 times
I like them barefoot and preggers and completely dependent on me.

Old 12-01-2018, 09:28 PM

48,510 posts, read 34,783,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I like them barefoot and preggers and completely dependent on me.
SOG!!!! He's acting up again.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-02-2018, 12:37 PM

19,355 posts, read 15,211,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
SOG!!!! He's acting up again.
Don't worry, I'll take care of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.