Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2018, 02:12 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times

Advertisements

We need more urban mom cookware

As for the type of relationship I prefer, it can go either way with me.
As long as their is some fom of reciprocation happening between the two parties I do not see any harm, foul or need for contempt for any one lifestyle.

As long as everyone is getting what they need it really doesn’t matter to me the specific sphere it falls under.

Old 12-06-2018, 02:14 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,189,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I (hate)watch her Food Network show. It's not very traditional of me, I suppose, but I judge her for going to way too much trouble--like, you don't need to make your own potato chips. They sell them in bags, and the cowboys would be just as happy.
But the cowboy just might not know any better! I don't know about the show. I like her recipes. For those of us who like to cook, too much trouble is not the point. Sometimes the fun is in the trouble and the ohhh so awesome results at the time.

Old 12-06-2018, 02:15 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,926,415 times
Knowing what I know now about marriage and women .
I might not have gotten married , OR
I might have been significantly more selective in my choice and taken more time to be more familiar with one another as friends not lovers .
Romance screws things up so badly, clear perceptions are deceiving and romantic people are not as honest as friends.
You learn fewer truth's in the depths of each other's lives focused on romance .
Foolishly one tends to think they will change, or change the other person. and being forgiving before marriage becomes a lot different after .
Friends on the other hand sometimes are a bit more transparent , at least from my experience.
Don't get me wrong I like women as friends ,but nothing more than that . and I won't mess around either , that only ruins the relationship.
For this reason I don't meet many that only want to be friends ,on my terms .
Now if I were 20s or 30s now days I've met a few young people that are actually worth getting to know ,conservative intelligent and witty and active , people that know what they believe and live with solid uncompromising values .
Their conversations are not bashing some one else but expressing genuine love and concern for others , and develop their skills toward that end .

Old 12-06-2018, 02:52 PM

20,390 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Quote:
I hope you know there was no insult intended. I know (and am related to) several women who luuurve the Pioneer Woman and are always posting her recipes and talking about wanting her cookware and accessories (and now that she's turned her podunk town into a tourist destination, watch out!) I was just expressing admiration of someone not familiar with her folksy "I'm just cooking a simple 5-course meal for my homeschooled children" ways.
OK! Translating the "bless your heart" thing was a bit of a struggle for me... Anyways if I'm watching any food show it's probably gonna be Gordon Ramsey. I miss the old Japenese Iron Chef though...(anybody remember it?)

And in all seriousness, I don't have an issue with anyone's choices either. I just see it as a chosen lifestyle, that's all.

And as a silly person who loves to laugh at everything, I love to point to ways in which I think people are silly. I do it to myself, too. And in general, most people (women or no) are not 100% some archetype, unless they really put a lot of effort into being one, and even then...probably not.

Old 12-06-2018, 02:59 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,348,117 times
Quote:
I know it's off topic, but bless your heart for not knowing who the Pioneer Woman is. She's very much a guru for the suburban mom crowd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
OK! Translating the "bless your heart" thing was a bit of a struggle for me... Anyways if I'm watching any food show it's probably gonna be Gordon Ramsey. I miss the old Japenese Iron Chef though...(anybody remember it?)

And in all seriousness, I don't have an issue with anyone's choices either. I just see it as a chosen lifestyle, that's all.

And as a silly person who loves to laugh at everything, I love to point to ways in which I think people are silly. I do it to myself, too. And in general, most people (women or no) are not 100% some archetype, unless they really put a lot of effort into being one, and even then...probably not.
Yeah, I think "bless your heart" is southern for "you dumba$$", so when I read that I checked and it says fleetiebelle is from Pittsburgh, which seems pretty un south

Old 12-06-2018, 03:04 PM

20,390 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
Yeah, I think "bless your heart" is southern for "you dumba$$", so when I read that I checked and it says fleetiebelle is from Pittsburgh, which seems pretty un south
Oh yeah, I didn't notice that. And we were talking about the Pioneer Woman, so my brain was already in a certain place and stuff.

I have a bunch of relatives from North Carolina. I've heard the phrase in southern-style usage before lol

Old 12-06-2018, 07:46 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,411,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anu2 View Post
I got into a couple of interesting discussions today with women and we're starting to wonder what men these days are REALLY looking for. If you had the choice, which would you marry?

1) "Traditional" Woman: Has your children, stays at home to take care of them, cooks well, keeps the house very clean, wears very feminine clothing and keeps herself made up/hair done, etc, has sex whenever the husband wants, does more listening than talking, keeps her opinions to herself.

2) "Modern" Woman: Has a full-time job, earns approximately half of the household income, if she has kids she goes back to work by the time each child is 2-3 years old, cooks and cleans but expects her husband to do half of the work, is fashionable but usually wears jeans as opposed to dresses, likes sex but she needs her needs met in bed, is very aware of the economy, politics, the world, etc. and always states her mind.

Men--please choose which one you would marry and also mention your age and any other background about yourself.
There have been many studies over this debate and it has been proven over and over that a 1 income household always works the best. Just a couple of examples below:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/payout/...er-with-money/
https://www.kitces.com/blog/dual-inc...-nonlinearity/

Old 12-06-2018, 09:36 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,380,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anu2 View Post
1) "Traditional" Woman: Has your children, stays at home to take care of them, cooks well, keeps the house very clean, wears very feminine clothing and keeps herself made up/hair done, etc, has sex whenever the husband wants, does more listening than talking, keeps her opinions to herself.

2) "Modern" Woman: Has a full-time job, earns approximately half of the household income, if she has kids she goes back to work by the time each child is 2-3 years old, cooks and cleans but expects her husband to do half of the work, is fashionable but usually wears jeans as opposed to dresses, likes sex but she needs her needs met in bed, is very aware of the economy, politics, the world, etc. and always states her mind.
People just don't always fit so neatly into these little boxes.

Old 12-07-2018, 06:29 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitalprophets View Post
There have been many studies over this debate and it has been proven over and over that a 1 income household always works the best. Just a couple of examples below:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/payout/...er-with-money/
https://www.kitces.com/blog/dual-inc...-nonlinearity/

Those are not "studies". Those are opinion pieces.

Old 12-07-2018, 06:47 AM

50,371 posts, read 63,977,343 times
I’ve been a traditional wife who had some jobs along the way, not a career.
I think young men today want wives who will increase their prestige. They want to say their wive is a lawyer, or architect, etc. Older men wanted wives who would run the household and the kids, so they didn’t have to be bothered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships