Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 11:18 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,664,460 times

Advertisements

at the airport just extend your hand. visibly. then give him the typical guy hug. extend your hand, shake hands, and with hands still clasped hug eachother. that says you are willing to be afectionate, but it also shows a bit of discretion in public.
try not to make it awkward. hugging in public at the ariport might make him uncomfortable. you dont want to start off like that.

later be affectionate. look at him. dont stare and dont stalk. check for cues. how attentive is he when you are talking. does he touch you lightly. or is it more of a slap on the back typical of frat brothers. look for clues.

in the end. do what your heart desires. if when you first see him at the airport you want to hug him and swing him around(provided you can, this is an internet thing after all) do so. just be advised that on regualr first dates, or blind dates or whatever you would call this, people are nervous. make it as easygoing as possible.

as for sex, well... check for the cues. but dont rush into things.

any more info for us? what time are you picking him up? where is he staying?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 01:01 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Be Calm, be yourself.

Old 09-19-2008, 01:04 AM

288 posts, read 656,229 times
Hope it is everything you anticipated and more. Good luck!

Old 09-20-2008, 02:17 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,835,373 times
"I am a 33 year old neurosurgeon (specialized in lobotomy). "
I'd be a little more honest about my job.
(By the early 1970s the practice had generally ceased)
and whatever else on the forum just to test people's feelings.

excuse me, I left this out:

Posted By Ashman
why is my job frowned upon?

Why is lobotomy still frowned upon? why am I frowned upon because of my profession?
I am a 33 year old neurosurgeon (specialized in lobotomy). Why is my profession so hated? Some very few people...

Last edited by sinsativ; 09-20-2008 at 02:39 PM..

Old 09-20-2008, 02:28 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,449,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsativ View Post
[i]By the early 1970s the practice had generally ceased)
and whatever else youre lying about on the forum just to test people's feelings.

excuse me, I left this out:
Why are you picking on this man? He seems nice.

Old 09-20-2008, 02:32 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,835,373 times
Im not picking on him, He, is not being honest with anyone.

Old 09-20-2008, 09:19 PM

201 posts, read 656,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
at the airport just extend your hand. visibly. then give him the typical guy hug. extend your hand, shake hands, and with hands still clasped hug eachother. that says you are willing to be afectionate, but it also shows a bit of discretion in public.
try not to make it awkward. hugging in public at the ariport might make him uncomfortable. you dont want to start off like that.

later be affectionate. look at him. dont stare and dont stalk. check for cues. how attentive is he when you are talking. does he touch you lightly. or is it more of a slap on the back typical of frat brothers. look for clues.

in the end. do what your heart desires. if when you first see him at the airport you want to hug him and swing him around(provided you can, this is an internet thing after all) do so. just be advised that on regualr first dates, or blind dates or whatever you would call this, people are nervous. make it as easygoing as possible.

as for sex, well... check for the cues. but dont rush into things.

any more info for us? what time are you picking him up? where is he staying?
I think that the one hit the nail on the head, so to speak. Follow cues, don't make it awkward. I met my bf online and the first time we met, I actually couldn't meet him at the airport (sprained the driving ankle and all), so when we met in a public place, I gave him a hug, but didn't overdo it (it was not by any means a thirty second hug- more of a quick "hello"). Good luck and let us know how it works out for you!

Old 09-20-2008, 09:25 PM

3,663 posts, read 8,665,004 times
I don't know proper gay etiquette, but if it goes the same as straight, I would absolutely give him a big hug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships