Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 04:48 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times

Advertisements

Hmmm ... I wish my therapist could cut my hair too. I think she'd be an awesome stylist! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2008, 04:51 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Hmmm ... I wish my therapist could cut my hair too. I think she'd be an awesome stylist! LOL
These two jobs are often combined for all practical purposes considering how annoying some yapping hairdressers can be.

Old 09-30-2008, 04:54 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
That is funny. I cut my own hair now and it looks awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
It's like anything else. No matter how carefully you explain to a hairdresser what haircut you want, you end up getting the haircut he/she can and does give and that's it. In other words, if the therapist doesn't have your particular psychosis, go to somebody who does.

Old 09-30-2008, 04:55 PM

I used to use my hair stylist as a therapist. I'd just talk on and on about myself and get plenty of attention, that way I didn't feel bad about paying $23 for the "Hair Cut".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post

Old 09-30-2008, 06:00 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I used to use my hair stylist as a therapist. I'd just talk on and on about myself and get plenty of attention, that way I didn't feel bad about paying $23 for the "Hair Cut".
What an excellent idea! I would yap at my hairdresser about my trials and tribulations, but she's more dysfunctional than I am!!! Why I let her near my head with a pair of scissors is beyond me!!!

Old 09-30-2008, 06:01 PM

^You need to wear a helmet around that person!

Old 09-30-2008, 06:14 PM

23 posts, read 81,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frootloop6 View Post
Just wondering what people think about counseling. Have any of you had a counselor who just completely changed your world from crappy to wonderful? I see a lot of folks recommend counseling to others on this board and wonder how that works out for y'all.

My personal experience was that after my ex-fiance walked out on me less than 3 weeks before our wedding, a couple of my friends suggested that I see a counselor. I found one and saw her for about two months, once a week for 50 minutes, until she moved out of town and closed her practice.

Anyway, for 50 minutes each week I had someone other than my girlfriends to cry and vent to, but that's about all I got for my (insurance's) money. I don't think she helped me move on from that relationship any faster than if I'd just relied on my friends and family for support.

Thoughts?

I'm with you, I think counseling is worthless. But thats just me. I think its mainly for weak people that need someone to talk to. I dont need that. I know who I am and what I want and do not want. If I need someone to talk to, I'd rather talk to myself...HA

I dont think counseling helps with relationships either. Either the two people are smart enough to cope and fix whatever the issue(s) are, or they're not and the relationship will fail anyway. Its sad that people who have been married for like 10 years, have kids, etc and they dont even know how to communicate to each other. Um, shouldnt you know how to communicate with a person BEFORE you marry them?

Old 09-30-2008, 06:16 PM

^ You should know how to "Communicate" with a person before your first date with that person...hello. Good points!

Old 09-30-2008, 07:41 PM

272 posts, read 620,962 times
Counseling only works after people apply themselves to change. Counselors are really just people trained to guide you to apply your own strength and courage to a problem. That's how I see them.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:59 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,369,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
These two jobs are often combined for all practical purposes considering how annoying some yapping hairdressers can be.
Hilarious. I use the "Great Clips" (or other chain haircutting place) coupon when it's in the Sunday paper. As if it matters for a guy's haircut. You get what you pay for. For $8.99, you get an ok haircut and someone who you would NEVER tell your problems to. In fact, I've had some cutters (insert name of chain haircutting place) that are about as interesting as a door knob to talk to. Turns out, you only spend 15 minutes there and having such a banal conversation can be trying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships