Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 09:41 PM

50,275 posts, read 47,032,885 times

Advertisements

Some men don't hunt, fish or golf? WTF?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2008, 09:46 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Some men don't hunt, fish or golf? WTF?
I don't do those things. Fishing and golf bore the crap out of me. And there's not much challenge in blasting a duck or a deer from fifty yards away in a concealed position. I sail, bike, and shoot.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:56 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,472,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
According to her, five hours on a golf course every weekend is just way too much.
Hmm...amazing how some women cannot accept some of the things that give a man a little bit of peace on this Earth.

~Mike (does not golf but when I wash my car it will take me hours if I'm doing it right...wax on, wax off...)

Old 09-26-2008, 10:04 PM

603 posts, read 2,358,992 times
I have a couple friends in their late 30's who are so picky. One of my friends finally decided to get serious with this one guy and has been dating him for over a year (despite not meeting her "criteria") but she is so high-maintenance I think he should dropped her like a hot potato! My other friend will probably be single forever. Income is a big thing for her even though she has a great job. She has passed up a lot of nice, attractive men just because they don't make a six figure income. Both of these women are attractive but not super models.

Old 09-26-2008, 10:09 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Let me put it this way. She's really, really high maintenance. If she didn't pay well and promptly, I'm not sure I'd keep her on as a client.

And you're right. Ten years from now, she'll be bitter about men and how fickle we all are.
She'll also be alone and lonely and wondering where all the "good men are"

Old 09-27-2008, 01:10 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,369,263 times
Quote:
I don't do those things. Fishing and golf bore the crap out of me. And there's not much challenge in blasting a duck or a deer from fifty yards away in a concealed position.
Thank you. Seriously. I hate the assumption made when one is clean-cut and is in a coat and tie/suit environment that they ALSO play golf. In all seriousness, golf courses tend to be filled with the same people I wouldn't have hung out with 20 years ago. It's a pretentious sport with the whole "country club" thing and it's not good exercise. Eating the kill such as duck, venison or rabbit is not at all tasty, so no hunting here. Fishing could be ok as I could eat trout or swordfish or salmon, but wouldn't want to go through all that trouble.

I'd rather be swatting tennis balls, swimming, camping or tinkering under the hood of my car.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:14 AM

14,725 posts, read 33,369,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by #Littledog View Post
I have a couple friends in their late 30's who are so picky. One of my friends finally decided to get serious with this one guy and has been dating him for over a year (despite not meeting her "criteria") but she is so high-maintenance I think he should dropped her like a hot potato! My other friend will probably be single forever. Income is a big thing for her even though she has a great job. She has passed up a lot of nice, attractive men just because they don't make a six figure income. Both of these women are attractive but not super models.
I guess $ 99,900 a year, especially in this robust economy, is a deplorable income. Sheez. And you're in lower-cost Wisconsin, it seems. If they have a problem like this, I have a friend from the Bronx who works her butt off as an insurance adjuster and she says "Get it yourself" about these women.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:28 AM

4,273 posts, read 15,252,569 times
Quote:
So when I said, "Ellen, that's a pretty tall order there," she said, "Well, I'm just looking for my Knight In Shining Armor." And she said it without a hint of irony.
Tell her she's been watching one too many Disney movies.

What she's looking for is a sugar daddy and unless she wants to play the tramp, I suggest she find a more realistic goal. My husband is by far from perfect but if I nit-picked every bad quality, I would've never married him. Instead, we compromised and it has worked out so far.

Old 09-27-2008, 02:19 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
1) Divorced. She doesn't want baggage or step kids.
2) Guys Who Aren't Financially well-off. Because an ordinary guy pulling an ordinary salary just won't hack it. She had dated a carpenter for a while, but worried about his money, even though he bought a house in a nice part of town and renovated it himself.
3) Guys whose religious beliefs don't align almost precisely with hers.
4) Guys who hunt, fish, or golf.

I agree with #1 and #2 (though the carpenter story makes no sense - sounds like he is motivated and hard-working). I would not want to support someone else and I would not want a divorced person if it could be helped.

Religious beliefs...well, I guess that is really important to some people (who are usually super-religious), but I say as long as it doesn't cause arguments, who cares?

As to hunting/fishing/golfing...well, I do know a lot of women who never get to see their husbands on the weekends and that pains them. Avoiding this group might help with that, but they could have some other hobby that would have the same effect. Maybe she could get over herself and pick up a hobby to share with him so it's not just all about her all the time.

Old 09-27-2008, 02:25 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,556,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
She needs to get over herself.
...or come to enjoy the single life.

Meanwhile, I want a double-jointed deaf-mute millionaire supermodel with a brewery and a hydroponic grow rig in her basement. Must not only watch football, but root for the Pack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships