Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2008, 03:22 PM

4,589 posts, read 13,135,688 times

Advertisements

Disappointments……but life goes on.

Old 11-25-2008, 03:30 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,118,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
Definitely a good one. It seems to happen a lot in TX.
Yup. I'm in TX too and it happens way too much here.

Old 11-25-2008, 04:05 PM

111 posts, read 284,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Traffic!
People that say "Hi how are you?" when they really dont give a crap.....

Old 11-25-2008, 04:52 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,590,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texgrl View Post
Want to let me know why you quoted me on this?

Old 11-25-2008, 04:55 PM

13,783 posts, read 26,197,919 times
I can't find the darned hooks for my Christmas Ornaments! I always have extra boxes and I can't find the silly things!!

Old 11-25-2008, 05:07 PM

Well, this was yesterdays pet peeve but I am still mad so it counts...

My husbands uncle owns a portrait studio and I took my daughter to get her 7 year portrait done. Several years ago I took my oldest son in to have his portraits done and one pic came out beautifully and hubby's uncle did an oil of it and had it hanging in the studio window for years. It is beautiful and extremely big (3x4).

Anyway, they moved the studio and my sons portrait was put in storage at the warehouse...

While I was there yesterday, I asked if I could come one day next wek to get the portrait and clean it up and take it home...my husbands aunt looked at me and said "Your MIL took it 2 years ago...you mean you never got it?"

My MIL took it home, put it in the attic and told my husband she will not give it to me...she did not pay for it since it was a display for the studio...

Nice, huh???

Old 11-25-2008, 05:14 PM

111 posts, read 284,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Want to let me know why you quoted me on this?
mistake sorry~

Old 11-25-2008, 05:32 PM

1,043 posts, read 3,709,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texgrl View Post
(just read above, sorry if I quoted the wrong person!)

Oh that is mine too! Especially when you actually start to try to carry on a conversation as they are looking away!!

My pet peeve for today is people who don't get that long conversations have no place between a cashier and a customer when there is a huge line forming behind said customer.

Also when said customer takes it upon themselves to touch and squeeze my unpaid items sitting on the roller as I am waiting (very patiently) in line for them to end their stupid conversation so I can get my items rung up and get back to work! Don't touch my stuff!!!!!

Old 11-25-2008, 08:27 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,359,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Well, this was yesterdays pet peeve but I am still mad so it counts...

My husbands uncle owns a portrait studio and I took my daughter to get her 7 year portrait done. Several years ago I took my oldest son in to have his portraits done and one pic came out beautifully and hubby's uncle did an oil of it and had it hanging in the studio window for years. It is beautiful and extremely big (3x4).

Anyway, they moved the studio and my sons portrait was put in storage at the warehouse...

While I was there yesterday, I asked if I could come one day next wek to get the portrait and clean it up and take it home...my husbands aunt looked at me and said "Your MIL took it 2 years ago...you mean you never got it?"

My MIL took it home, put it in the attic and told my husband she will not give it to me...she did not pay for it since it was a display for the studio...

Nice, huh???

What is the matter with some mother-in-laws??? Mine once with held a beautiful knitted blanket my husband's grandmother made for our second child. I only found out about it a few years later when the elderly grandmother inquired as to how I had liked it. I was mortified that she had thought all that time I didn't like it enough to send a thank you note!!

Mother-in-law had taken it upon herself to put the blanket aside for another one of her children who didn't have kids yet so that one day she could present one of great-grandma's creations to THAT child. She justified her behavior by saying great-grandma would probably die before the other couple ever had kids and she didn't want their child to not get something!!! At that point we didn't even know if the other couple would ever even HAVE kids!

Your mother-in-law did a rotten thing - what's your hubby going to do about it?

Old 11-25-2008, 08:32 PM

Wow!! That's really bad too! What did your MIL say about it?

I am not sure what he is going to do about it yet. We walk a fine line because we do not want to sell out his aunt because she is a great person and my MIL will go off on her in the nastiest way! So we have to be diplomatic and stealth at the same time...

Maybe I should have him tell his mother he is getting ready to go look through the warehouse for it because he wants to surprise me with it Talk about a quick case of Irritable Bowel Syndrome

What do you think we should do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
What is the matter with some mother-in-laws??? Mine once with held a beautiful knitted blanket my husband's grandmother made for our second child. I only found out about it a few years later when the elderly grandmother inquired as to how I had liked it. I was mortified that she had thought all that time I didn't like it enough to send a thank you note!!

Mother-in-law had taken it upon herself to put the blanket aside for another one of her children who didn't have kids yet so that one day she could present one of great-grandma's creations to THAT child. She justified her behavior by saying great-grandma would probably die before the other couple ever had kids and she didn't want their child to not get something!!! At that point we didn't even know if the other couple would ever even HAVE kids!

Your mother-in-law did a rotten thing - what's your hubby going to do about it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships