U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 12-22-2008, 05:28 PM
 
Location: Griffin, Georgia
639 posts, read 950,697 times
Reputation: 517
My pet peeve is opening up an instruction booklet for something and not being able to find out how it works because every ****ing foreign language in the world is included. AARGH! ANybody ever had this happen? > >:< >

 
Old 12-22-2008, 06:21 PM
 
Location: Darlington, SC
2,356 posts, read 3,269,890 times
Reputation: 1968
I posted this in another forum here

Kiosks in the Mall Harrassing People...Anyone else? Has anyone other than me experienced this?

I go to the mall a lot, which is probably my first mistake.

However, I have noticed that the kiosks in the mall are getting more and more aggressive, almost to the point that I dread walking past any of them

The cell phone ones are the worst. Let me tell you what they did.

Last monday, I was at the mall, to meet up with one of my friends. I was walking down the corridor...all of a sudden..

"HEY!!!! YOU!!! GUY WITH THE GOATEE!!!!" I look over, and the guy behind the counter is waving at me, yelling out "Hey, come here. Goatee guy!!"

What the heck!!! I just looked at him, shook my head, and kept walking. Mind you, I was literally a solid 30-40 feet away from the kiosk, so he was screaming, and the mall was packed, so, it was kind of embarrassing.

Fast forward. Today, the mall (NOT THE SAME ONE) opens at 8am. I work midnights, so, after work, I go home, eat something, and go to the mall. I make a couple of small purchases, and am walking into a Hallmark. All of a sudden, A guy behind the counter of the exact same store, Mobile Solutions, yells out "Hey, What are you buying? Doing some shopping? Come here for a second!" I look at him and say, "Sorry, man, not interested in a new phone." You would think that would be the end of it. This guy goes ape****! "I'm just trying to F#$%^&* make conversation. Mother F#$%^&, can't even try and talk to people!" Seriously, I could not even make that up if I tried!!

I am thinking about calling their Corporate office and filing a complaint.

Does this happen to anyone else?

The crazy thing is, if you saw me in public, I would be one of the last people you would try and bother, so I do not understand what it is that is attracting this nonsense.
 
Old 12-22-2008, 06:24 PM
 
Location: Tucson
42,851 posts, read 51,320,492 times
Reputation: 22716
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
However, I have noticed that the kiosks in the mall are getting more and more aggressive, almost to the point that I dread walking past any of them.
I can't stand them, either.
 
Old 12-24-2008, 07:44 PM
 
Location: TX
5,413 posts, read 10,173,289 times
Reputation: 1667
Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda0808 View Post
Compared to North Texas, our weather is nice and warm. BUT...it does freeze down here in February!
Yes, you guys in SA have better weather in the winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cr1039 View Post
I heart Dallas drivers, they are fast and efficient!

San Antonio, now they are the "short bus' of Texas drivers.
On a related note about Dallas drivers, did you hear about the maniac who killed 2 people during 4 shooting incidents, seemingly random acts of violence, in the NE part of Dallas? Very sad. Driving in Dallas scares me.

Yep, you can say that's a pet peeve of mine.

On a different note, saying "Happy Holidays" to those who act offended by telling them "Merry Christmas" is another pet peeve.
 
Old 12-24-2008, 07:52 PM
 
Location: TX
5,413 posts, read 10,173,289 times
Reputation: 1667
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
I posted this in another forum here

Kiosks in the Mall Harrassing People...Anyone else? Has anyone other than me experienced this?

I go to the mall a lot, which is probably my first mistake.

However, I have noticed that the kiosks in the mall are getting more and more aggressive, almost to the point that I dread walking past any of them

The cell phone ones are the worst. Let me tell you what they did.

Last monday, I was at the mall, to meet up with one of my friends. I was walking down the corridor...all of a sudden..

"HEY!!!! YOU!!! GUY WITH THE GOATEE!!!!" I look over, and the guy behind the counter is waving at me, yelling out "Hey, come here. Goatee guy!!"

What the heck!!! I just looked at him, shook my head, and kept walking. Mind you, I was literally a solid 30-40 feet away from the kiosk, so he was screaming, and the mall was packed, so, it was kind of embarrassing.

Fast forward. Today, the mall (NOT THE SAME ONE) opens at 8am. I work midnights, so, after work, I go home, eat something, and go to the mall. I make a couple of small purchases, and am walking into a Hallmark. All of a sudden, A guy behind the counter of the exact same store, Mobile Solutions, yells out "Hey, What are you buying? Doing some shopping? Come here for a second!" I look at him and say, "Sorry, man, not interested in a new phone." You would think that would be the end of it. This guy goes ape****! "I'm just trying to F#$%^&* make conversation. Mother F#$%^&, can't even try and talk to people!" Seriously, I could not even make that up if I tried!!

I am thinking about calling their Corporate office and filing a complaint.

Does this happen to anyone else?

The crazy thing is, if you saw me in public, I would be one of the last people you would try and bother, so I do not understand what it is that is attracting this nonsense.
That sux, but don't let it get to you. The guy probably was having a frustrating morning (and probably month) and just happened to take it out on you.

Last X-mas, I was at a mall in NJ and one of those foreign women selling some lotion thingy grabbed me while walking. She asked me how I take care of my skin. Before I could even reply, she took my right hand and shoved it toward her well endowed bosoms. Then she proceeded to rub some lotion on my hand while it was rested against her breasts and tried to make smalltalk w/ me. I was getting annoyed, but my hand was resting comfortably in a warm spot, so I took one for the team. After she did the deed, she tried to make the sale. I kindly told her no thanks and left.
 
Old 12-24-2008, 07:54 PM
 
Location: SC
462 posts, read 604,550 times
Reputation: 322
A friend bought 2 tickets to the Eagles concert for her & her BF. He broke up with her so she told me - you are going with me no matter what, it is my birthday and you dont have to pay for it! I said I would. She tells me tonight that she is going to take a male friend of hers because he offered to pay for his ticket & take her out to a nice restaurant. WTF???

I would never do that to someone.... oh well, chalk it up...
 
Old 12-24-2008, 08:20 PM
 
Location: TX
5,413 posts, read 10,173,289 times
Reputation: 1667
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonpieheaven View Post
A friend bought 2 tickets to the Eagles concert for her & her BF. He broke up with her so she told me - you are going with me no matter what, it is my birthday and you dont have to pay for it! I said I would. She tells me tonight that she is going to take a male friend of hers because he offered to pay for his ticket & take her out to a nice restaurant. WTF???

I would never do that to someone.... oh well, chalk it up...
That doesn't seem like much of a friend if she offers you the ticket and then takes it back. Don't do her any favors.
 
Old 12-24-2008, 08:47 PM
 
Location: SC
462 posts, read 604,550 times
Reputation: 322
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf7 View Post
That doesn't seem like much of a friend if she offers you the ticket and then takes it back. Don't do her any favors.
Well that is her.... Before the boyfriend she went everywhere I went - even if she invited herself. When she got the boyfriend I never heard a word from her... fast forward 3 months & she is single again and my friend again... lol Some people are like that. She is a quirky little thing!
 
Old 12-24-2008, 08:50 PM
 
Location: Northeastern WI
19,337 posts, read 15,854,600 times
Reputation: 35829
Well, of all days, today we had to drive to Riverside for a couple of errands. I knew there was something I didnt miss about driving through cities, especially on a day like today!
 
Old 12-24-2008, 08:56 PM
 
Location: TX
5,413 posts, read 10,173,289 times
Reputation: 1667
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonpieheaven View Post
Well that is her.... Before the boyfriend she went everywhere I went - even if she invited herself. When she got the boyfriend I never heard a word from her... fast forward 3 months & she is single again and my friend again... lol Some people are like that. She is a quirky little thing!
I've noticed that w/ guys, too. They get g/fs, fall off the earth, break up, then return to earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top