U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 09-27-2008, 09:15 PM

174 posts, read 252,769 times
Default Texting for a date???

I received a text message YESTERDAY (Friday) from a guy who asked me out for date TONIGHT (Saturday) by TEXT message! Are you kidding me?

Ladies, has this ever happened to you? How did you respond?

Guys, what's up with that? Isn't Wednesday the unofficial deadline for asking the girl on a date that weekend? And would you ever ask a girl out by text?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 09-27-2008, 09:21 PM

42,853 posts, read 49,247,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphne5 View Post
I received a text message YESTERDAY (Friday) from a guy who asked me out for date TONIGHT (Saturday) by TEXT message! Are you kidding me?

Ladies, has this ever happened to you? How did you respond?

Guys, what's up with that? Isn't Wednesday the unofficial deadline for asking the girl on a date that weekend? And would you ever ask a girl out by text?
Huh?! I don't know about the deadlines, but I wouldn't respond. I might be biased and behind the times - I see no use of texting and never do it - but even if I did... a text for a date... lose the loser!

Unread 09-27-2008, 09:25 PM

15,274 posts, read 12,979,699 times
Wow....its sooooo....out of touch.
No. If he wants a date, he can ask you face to face, or even pick up the telephone. We DO still have these.

2,104 posts, read 3,343,110 times
This has happened to me several times.

6,547 posts, read 10,634,591 times
Wednesday? I've never lived in the real world of dating so I have no way of knowing. I don't do texts. So that's out. Old thread, if a guy texts you, the relationship's nearly over. Bad jinx.

My friends and I usually make plans for Friday on Friday, unless it's something special like a big kaboom. Saturday's pretty much the same. We have jobs, lives, we pretty much know what's going on at any given time. If you make plans too far in advance, you might forget. That's what happens when you're old. haha.

But yeah, if he asks you out with a text and you're not already good friends. Go out with him and order expensive drinks. That'll show him.

Unread 09-27-2008, 09:28 PM

My feelings exactly, I did send a simple text reply "I have plans"

I was going to call him and decline, but then felt he deserved the same lack of respect that he gave me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Huh?! I don't know about the deadlines, but I wouldn't respond. I might be biased and behind the times - I see no use of texting and never do it - but even if I did... a text for a date... lose the loser!

Unread 09-27-2008, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn07 View Post
This has happened to me several times.
....and...your response was???

Unread 09-27-2008, 09:30 PM

25,171 posts, read 31,085,895 times
LOL you can say that again ............rotfl "beind the times"......... don't you still ride around by stagecoach? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Huh?! I might be biased and behind the times -

Unread 09-27-2008, 09:32 PM

25,171 posts, read 31,085,895 times
My question to the OP is why do you have such high standards? Are you perfect at all times? Can he read your mind and know what you find disrespectful and what isn't? Please grow up and be mature. There is such a lack of maturity here. Most people on this forum are three or four times my age and I consider them "the elders" yet they seem to not give good advice at times......oh well.

Give the guy a chance and say "How come you don't call and have a conversation about this subject matter?" That is what I do if a person text messages me for a date. Please be mature. Or you can say "Call me and we can discuss about going on a date".

Unread 09-27-2008, 09:33 PM

42,853 posts, read 49,247,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daphne5 View Post
My feelings exactly, I did send a simple text reply "I have plans"

I was going to call him and decline, but then felt he deserved the same lack of respect that he gave me.
I wouldn't bother responding. Since I don't use texting, it's not included in my plan and he wouldn't be worth 20c.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships