Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 11:33 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,394,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldl79 View Post
I yearn for late night conversations, cuddling, sex and a warm body to sleep next to on some nights. Best of all, someone who understands me intimately where I can have a deep, philosohpical conversation without feeling weird or misunderstood.
I think this is the universal yearning of all human beings

I hope you find it all one day very soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 11:35 AM

42,831 posts, read 87,979,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBmom View Post
I pray everyday for a buyer. I watch my beloved husband struggle to pay the bills each month.
Last time I checked praying didn't pay the bills. Sounds like you don't work. Get a job!

If I got it wrong, sorry.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:37 AM

2,751 posts, read 5,351,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
I'm yearning to moooovvveee........trying to talk hubby into it but selling a home right now, in this economy, is not exactly recomended.
Where to? I've lived in alotta places, born and raised in pittsburgh except for one year in Baltimore. Lived in New York and Houston right out of college, but have been in L.A. now for more than ten years. Don't know Arizona at all, but the thing I most dislike about L.A. is the monotony of the weather, sunshine nearly every friggin' day of the year till it becomes surreal! one time a few years ago when I could no longer take that particular L.A. summer, I got on the 101 N. after work on a Friday afternoon and headed out of town. Of course it took me about an hour to get outta town but when I did it was like a prison break the way I felt. I found myself in a little town I never did get the name of, in a little room overlooking the town square, in a quaint bed and breakfast run I swear by Aunt Bee herself. The next day I rose early and got back on the 101, the weather was a thick mist to a light rain. I was on this long slight mountain alone, it seemed like forever until I suddenly came to the very top and the sun was as bright as it must have been on its very first day. I rolled down my windows and stopped my car. I looked around and listened to nothing. I turned off my engine and for the first time heard the sound of silence. I got out of my car and stood in the middle of the road quite a while. I could have heard a car approaching from a half a mile away. I walked around and leaned on my front fender, a sheet of white below me, above me the most beautiful blue sky I've ever seen, sitting on top of a cloud.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:38 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,488,812 times
I have a wonderful husband, son & dil and grandaughter.

We are at a point in our lives that we can be friends and lovers without having to worry about being as my son calls it "all parental".

If I had my youth back I would have none of these things. I'll keep my age.

I do yearn to travel more. I yearn for a slower pace away from a city. I yearn for the day when I can do what I want when I want and IF I want.

But before that?? I'll keep what I have.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:44 AM

2,751 posts, read 5,351,056 times
Funny how so many of us yearn for a slower life, which would seem a life not so tied into material pursuits, but of course that's what makes America strong or at least used to. I have a feeling it's backfired on us a bit. When money is not the most important thing but becomes the ONLY thing, I do believe we have gone off-track. To all you practicing Christians out there who was it that said, "Money is the root of all evil." Just an interesting adage, or could it be that He meant it?

Old 09-29-2008, 01:16 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,394,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPit View Post
Funny how so many of us yearn for a slower life, which would seem a life not so tied into material pursuits, but of course that's what makes America strong or at least used to. I have a feeling it's backfired on us a bit. When money is not the most important thing but becomes the ONLY thing, I do believe we have gone off-track. To all you practicing Christians out there who was it that said, "Money is the root of all evil." Just an interesting adage, or could it be that He meant it?
This world is a very fast paced, complicated one now. I believe many of us want to stop the roller coaster and get off at this point. We are just weary and want to have time to smell the roses

Oh, and money itself isn't evil - it's the putting of money first before all other things that leads people to do or chose evil.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:07 PM

14,727 posts, read 33,276,179 times
Peace and quiet, on all levels. Those are the things I value the most.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:28 PM

37,277 posts, read 61,039,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
I'm yearning for a new relationship, to fall madly in love with a human goddess like a teenager, be irresponsible, be engrossed in fun&laughter&sleepless nights hugging one another, bodies intertwined and eyes amourously locked, while the storm rages in the sea and the world spins around.....
Me too.

Though really I would settle for LM once a month.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:34 PM

4,739 posts, read 8,356,966 times
For everyone wanting to take a day away from stress you have my permission to use my sons DR excuse to miss one day of work. Feel free to copy it into word, add your name, print it out and take the day off.

Excuse Note

Patient:_______________
Encounter: Aug 30 2008 2:00 PM EMRN: 1104752/1

_________________was seen in our office 8/30/08 by DR. HARKLEROAD for medical reasons. Please excuse from work 8/30/08 and 8/31/08_________________ may return to work on 9/06/08.

Holston Medical Group.
Signature
Signed By: AMY H THOMAS ; 8/30/2008 2:55 PM EST.

Printed By: AMY H THOMAS 1 of 1 8/30/08 2:55:48 PM

Old 09-30-2008, 06:27 AM

904 posts, read 2,866,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Last time I checked praying didn't pay the bills. Sounds like you don't work. Get a job!

If I got it wrong, sorry.
Wow. Way to judge and turn a possitive thread negative. I do work, thank you. And I have three children including one in college and I have an ex husband who hasn't paid his court ordered child support in 9 months. And I am dealing with a court system that will not put a dead beat in jail even though he is obviously in contempt for back child support now over $10,000. Try taking that much money out of your budget. But...I don't yearn for that. No, I yearn for my house to sell so I can move forward with my life. What about that upset you so much that you would be so nasty? I think I should be praying that you find some peace in your life so you will not be so judgmental and nasty to someone who has done nothing to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships