Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 12:51 PM

333 posts, read 999,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I agree with ajs5mz2.
I love it when we agree

Quote:
If a much younger woman is going to marry and have kids with an older man, then she needs to know that should he pass away suddenly, she will be financially okay raising the kids by herself. And I think that the older partner also owes it to the younger partner to work hard at keeping in good health and living as long as possible.
That's why I run like Forest Gump!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 12:56 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
And I think that the older partner also owes it to the younger partner to work hard at keeping in good health and living as long as possible.
Sheesh, one more reason for not wanting them younger! Now I have to live longer for them, too?! Who wants one more obligation... Not me!

Old 09-29-2008, 02:00 PM

333 posts, read 999,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Sheesh, one more reason for not wanting them younger! Now I have to live longer for them, too?! Who wants one more obligation... Not me!
yeah.. life is tough like that.. get a younger spouse and they expect you to hang around a while

Old 09-29-2008, 04:56 PM

112 posts, read 569,231 times
Default Now that you mentioned it...

Marrying Up

Whole Nuther Worlds (or Maybe Nuthers Worlds)

by Fred Reed-- Jul 02, 2008

In countries of the Third World, you often find American men in
their fifties or sixties who have wives twenty or twenty-five
years younger. In my considerable experience, they seem happy
together. However, the arrangement upsets people back in the US.
Why, I wonder?

http://www.ejfi.org/family/family-16.htm

[mod cut: copyright violation]

Last edited by SandyCo; 10-04-2008 at 10:41 AM.. Reason: copyright violation; please post a couple of sentences and then link to the article.

Old 09-29-2008, 04:56 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs5mz2 View Post
yeah.. life is tough like that.. get a younger spouse and they expect you to hang around a while
Or not .....

Old 09-29-2008, 05:41 PM

111 posts, read 353,645 times
Now I don't take issue with the whole 'what about kids' thing because I never want any, and that's the biggest dealbreaker for me. I'm looking for someone who'll essentially keep me company, come along for the ride, so to speak, and let me persue my lofty goals. Someone to listen to me when I need it, and perhaps to encourage me. I'm going to persue my career goals no matter if I'm single or otherwise. And any potential spouse will need to be okay with all that, or it's no deal. I just happen to find such older men attractive. And however long their around is however long they're around. I could get hit by a car tomorrow crossing the street and die, too. Life is short. Enjoy it with whomever you're with. My current boyfriend is 38, and we have had no problems because of an age difference, because we have a lot in common. And yeah, he won't be around forever. None of us will.

Old 09-29-2008, 06:06 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,163,673 times
Well my middle sister is 48 and dating a man that is 60. They've been a couple for almost three years now. They get along great and both have kids from previous marriages. No relationship is perfect, but one of the downsides for her is that he is getting very forgetful about his appointments and it's worrisome to her and his friends.

And... 38 is not old. lol I can see that for you, a 38 year old man could be a better boyfriend because at his age, the sex is good but relationship is better because there is more focus on affection and friendship than sex. Younger men tend to be more hormone driven.

Old 09-29-2008, 06:06 PM

8,942 posts, read 20,367,927 times
Can too much age difference be a problem.......I would definitely say YES. Please read what Twinkle Toes wrote above! Entertainment of all kinds can be a problem. Example: A younger person may want to go to an Amusement Park and ride the big rides, while the older person can say "no way!!". A younger person may want to go hiking, biking, roller skating while the older person can say "no way, my body can't handle that anymore!" Music can also be a problem. The difference between Classic Rock and Modern Hip Hop.
As for me, when I was single in my 30's and above, I would generally date older women (10+) b/c their kids (if any) were older and I didn't have to worry about pregnancy. Some of them liked to cook, so I'd get a good home cooked meal at times. I wasn't a "party animal" and "out with the boys" all the time.
Now, what age of lady did I marry? She is one year older than me, so we are from the same generation which makes our relationship/discussions very nice.

Old 09-29-2008, 07:38 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,533,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Uh, no we don't.
Maybe you don't.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:22 PM

873 posts, read 1,588,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navych1ck View Post
First, a little background. I've always been attracted to older men for reasons unknown to me. I don't know why, I just am. I guess I'm an anomaly, or something, but I don't see the big deal some people make out of it. My family doesn't care as long as my current guy treats me like he should. I don't care if other people think I'm wierd, but I was curious as to the perspective of other, more normal people; so, is age just a number to you?
I was too, when I was younger. Now it seems they're either my age, or a few years younger (but only a few if I can help it). If I dated older men with the same age difference that I did in my younger years, I'd be feeding them applesauce through a straw at a nursing home. I'm not ready for that yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships