U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-29-2008, 07:30 PM

25,169 posts, read 34,385,244 times

Advertisements

^ Good job MonaLisa.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 07:33 PM
miu

13,033 posts, read 22,430,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
no, not that you pervs! I'm talking about phone numbers and calling for a date. let's say i am at a club and i get all of the indicators that this girl is feeling me (multiple things such as squeezing my hand while we are holding hands or gazing in my eyes for more than 3 seconds, etc.) so i get her number. How long is too long when it comes to guys picking up that phone and calling you? 1 week? 2 weeks? What is the window of opportunity?
Probably 2-3 days is best if you didn't get into any quality discussions with her and this was only a physical attraction between the two of you. But if you were able to actually talk to her and got an inkling as to what her interests are and what she is like as a person, then it's okay (imo) to call her up later on if you want to ask her out and do something of special interest to the both of you. Like if there was a good live concert to go to or exhibit of her favorite artist. I wouldn't mind if I gave my number to a guy and he called me up weeks later to invite me to some cool event that he had tickets to. I also would cut slack to anyone that might not call me up right away because he has an interesting busy full life. Of course, no one is a mind reader, so if you are that kind of busy person, let me know that.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:28 PM

279 posts, read 439,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
rotfl....you met your husband at Dairy Queen? ooooh myyy godddddd

What's wrong with that?.....I met my fiancee (soon to be my wife) when I plowed into her with my snowmobile....

Old 09-29-2008, 09:34 PM

^ I've just not heard of that before....it's kinda cute actually.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:35 PM

5,612 posts, read 9,672,110 times
If I haven't heard from you within a couple of days, if you do bother to call, I'm going to tell you I'm no longer interested. I hate game playing. If you are interested, why can't you just call?

Old 09-29-2008, 09:43 PM

873 posts, read 1,045,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
If I haven't heard from you within a couple of days, if you do bother to call, I'm going to tell you I'm no longer interested. I hate game playing. If you are interested, why can't you just call?
My thoughts exactly. I hate game playing.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:44 PM

I agree; however, a couple days is the minimum for me. I usually give it a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post

Old 09-29-2008, 09:49 PM

Quote:
I agree; however, a couple days is the minimum for me. I usually give it a week.
did you mention somewhere that you haven't dated in 6 years?

Old 09-29-2008, 09:51 PM

A lot of gay men do not date. What usually happens is a meet up at a public place to reconnect from the first meeting, and then going back to my place for a make-out session. Doesn't happen often.

I've only been on a few real dates over the past 6 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastidahomom View Post
did you mention somewhere that you haven't dated in 6 years?

Old 09-29-2008, 09:54 PM

Quote:
A lot of gay men do not date. What usually happens is a meet up at a public place to reconnect from the first meeting, and then going back to my place for a make-out session. Doesn't happen often.

I've only been on a few real dates over the past 6 years.
I'm not gay and I certainly prefer to meet in a public place. It's my comfort zone, crowded and in my own car so I can escape if needed.

But..I don't take them home for a make out session.

You're a character Artsguy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships