Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2008, 07:17 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,456,941 times

Advertisements

If you'd like

Old 10-03-2008, 07:18 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,064,159 times
Well it would only be fair for us males.

Old 10-03-2008, 07:29 PM

283 posts, read 758,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Two words:

Heather Locklear

Previously HOT ... now a "has-been" ... probably drinking and depressed over it, as she is always on the front page of the smut papers at the supermarket checkout stand.

No pent-up frustrations...just commenting on the difficulty of meeting QUALITY women (intellect, education, a job, no need to do a "repair job" from their "bad boy phase," and a decent level of looks).

It's amazing how getting into rifts on other threads in this forum carries over. Maybe you have the problem....

Robert.. I think your attitude prevents you from meeting "quality women". On seeing someone "hot" you immediately assume they are gold diggers and attribute all these undesirable qualities to them. as if someone's bone structure can define their intelligence and personality? you will not recognise a beautiful and intelligent woman if she hit you in the face. when she brushes past you, all you'll be thinking is "stuck up gold digger" or "future has-been". you wont see her for what she is because you wont give her a chance.
i agree with Lola - i'm in the same boat as her, and it's laughable at how many men constantly make the assumption about a woman who is fairly good looking. The resentment coming from those men stinks across the whole room. I think it's just bitterness and lack of understanding and compassion.
You're probably in the category of those annoying older men types who don't look at a pretty young woman when they speak to her and address her husband instead, and when you do decide to speak to her, it's some condescending dumbed-down remark. How's that for an assumption, bitter Robert?

Old 10-03-2008, 07:42 PM

1,570 posts, read 2,064,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyrals View Post
Robert.. I think your attitude prevents you from meeting "quality women". On seeing someone "hot" you immediately assume they are gold diggers and attribute all these undesirable qualities to them. as if someone's bone structure can define their intelligence and personality? you will not recognise a beautiful and intelligent woman if she hit you in the face. when she brushes past you, all you'll be thinking is "stuck up gold digger" or "future has-been". you wont see her for what she is because you wont give her a chance.
i agree with Lola - i'm in the same boat as her, and it's laughable at how many men constantly make the assumption about a woman who is fairly good looking. The resentment coming from those men stinks across the whole room. I think it's just bitterness and lack of understanding and compassion.
You're probably in the category of those annoying older men types who don't look at a pretty young woman when they speak to her and address her husband instead, and when you do decide to speak to her, it's some condescending dumbed-down remark. How's that for an assumption, bitter Robert?
Maybe he is right. Would a beautiful women ever love a man whose willing to treat her good. Or would she always be loving the man that looks really good but does not give a chit about her? Most women are the same as men as in they are both pretty unrealistic.

Old 10-03-2008, 07:48 PM

283 posts, read 758,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
I was painfully reminded of something as I was responding to an ad I saw for a dating site,where of course there was a picture of a hot chick advertising the site implying that's what you were going to find there...

So I took the test and once again,as many years ago I got like 3 matches and (no offense) they were no where near what was on the front page!
As a matter of fact these were the same types I have always attracted for the most part. I can't figure it out,I'm not bad looking. As a matter of fact I'm kinda good looking...for a 37 yr old now Although even when I was younger I still got the same kind of results.

My theory,from watching the guys who do attract hot chicks, is that I am 1)Not cool or trendy and 2) Not rich(which is a fallback if you're not young and trendy)

So my basic question is can a boring,kind of quirky guy ever get a 'hot chick'?
Ok let me just settle this question once and for all. Just so there's no confusion on anyone's part about what this strange animal "hot chick" really wants. I know everyone believes these hot chicks come from Mars and are so different from you and me that it's very difficult to figure out exactly how to get them and a certain number of tricks is required. But psst.. I have a secret to tell you that might blow you away! And the secret is, "hot chicks" are just regular people like you and I. They want the same things that you and I want. They want someone who treats them like a normal person and not like some alien and would care about them, laugh with them and understand them just like you would. So the hot chick most times ends up with someone decent who treats them like a regular human being.
Hope that revelation didn't crumble your world.

Old 10-03-2008, 10:46 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,456,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyrals View Post
Ok let me just settle this question once and for all. Just so there's no confusion on anyone's part about what this strange animal "hot chick" really wants. I know everyone believes these hot chicks come from Mars and are so different from you and me that it's very difficult to figure out exactly how to get them and a certain number of tricks is required. But psst.. I have a secret to tell you that might blow you away! And the secret is, "hot chicks" are just regular people like you and I. They want the same things that you and I want. They want someone who treats them like a normal person and not like some alien and would care about them, laugh with them and understand them just like you would. So the hot chick most times ends up with someone decent who treats them like a regular human being.
Hope that revelation didn't crumble your world.
So where are these particular hot chicks you speak of? Because most of the ones I've come across indeed so seem to be wanted to be treated as 'divas' and that is what they project I mean why would they bother getting themselves all done up just for 'regular guys'?

Old 10-04-2008, 12:10 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,569,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
Yes my ineptitude for posting decent pics

As for the 'lack of confidence'...I've heard it called 'self-deprocating humor' and sometimes it appeals to the girl's compassionate side...and also geeks don't tend to intimidate the 'fragile egos' of hot chicks as much

Geeks come in different shapes & sizes...I may not look like a Bill Gates but to me anyone that's not young & chisled is pretty much a geek

Weeellll, you don't have to be "old" to be a geek.

Ever heard of Urkel and Screech?

Old 10-04-2008, 12:11 AM

918 posts, read 1,640,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
Weeellll, you don't have to be "old" to be a geek.

Ever heard of Urkel and Screech?
Urkel is the man... I don't care what anyone says....

Old 10-04-2008, 12:16 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,569,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djfish34ren View Post
Urkel is the man... I don't care what anyone says....

Yeah!

Old 10-04-2008, 12:18 AM

918 posts, read 1,640,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
Yeah!
Anyone who can wear those suspenders and drive a car around that is the size of my left shoe is confident enough to demand respect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships