Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2008, 11:41 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,209,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
No. And your statement suggests that men that don't like to watch sports are unnatural. Right?

None of the men in my family have ever cared about professional or college sports teams. Playing a sport was only for fun and exercise, nothing more.

And another reason that I prefer dating geeks is that they tend NOT to be sports fanatics. They have many other interests besides obsessing over what teams will end up in the playoffs or how the players are getting traded or who's on the injured list. Sports fanatics that are too obsessive are very boring to be with. Sports fans should only hang out or date other sports fans. lol
Yeah, because a guy who sits around all day playing MMORPGs, talks about Star Wars and watches and reads Anime just exudes 'sexy'...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 11:43 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,209,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
DimSumRaja for president.

There are no sports in my home. ESPN is a banned channel. There will never be another day in my life when I have to so much as hear the whisper of a word about something so lacking in value as a professional sports team.
I'd literally kill myself if I lived in such as disgusting place...

Old 10-10-2008, 07:39 AM

3,674 posts, read 8,661,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
Not in my house, you wouldn't. It's too hard to get blood out of hardwood.

Stay where you are if you want to do that.

Old 10-10-2008, 07:45 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,164,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
Not in my house, you wouldn't. It's too hard to get blood out of hardwood.

Stay where you are if you want to do that.
Your kidding right? Sorta remind me of this woman prison guard type that I had as a professor......she definitly scared us into paying attention in class

Old 10-10-2008, 08:11 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Quote:
Yeah, because a guy who sits around all day playing MMORPGs, talks about Star Wars and watches and reads Anime just exudes 'sexy'...
Ummm... how about that's a very ignorant stereotype on your part. My geek boyfriend doesn't do any of that. He does like motorsports, but not that stupid NASCAR oval crap. And even with motorsports, he'd rather participate than watch someone else do it on the telly. He's not going to get his kicks by living vicariously through the actions of professional athetes. He builds up his cars (and not he's into dirt bikes) and does local track events and regional race events.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:19 AM

22,175 posts, read 19,217,049 times
Quote:
i have to give this fellow credit and respect for having this level of self-awareness and honesty about himself. (If I'm not mistaken this is the gentleman who said earlier in the thread that sports are the most important thing in his life, but that post seems to have been removed). He is communicating clearly, and he knows himself, those are valued traits and i commend him for them.

and this post is a good example of how "seriously" some men take something that is just a game after all, just a TV show. It is not life or death, but to a lot of men it is. To me that says a lot about a person's priorities in life. Someone who puts TV show entertainment on the list of what-they're-willing-to-die-for ....yes, plenty of women say "thanks, but no thanks" to that in a boyfriend or husband or lover.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 10-10-2008 at 08:38 AM..

Old 10-10-2008, 08:24 AM

22,175 posts, read 19,217,049 times
Think about it guys, what would you do if you asked this hot chick to spend the weekend with you (hot tub, massage, nice dinner out, great sex) and she said, "No I can't spend the weekend with you i have to watch TV" or "No, sorry, I'm doing my counted cross-stitch embroidery all weekend" "the weekend after that? no, sorry babe, cross-stitch is my life, i'll be busy with it every weekend for the next 45 years" and then "but if you want to come over and hang out, i could probably talk to you during commercials, or in between when i'm changng the thread color in my needle, but only if you're quiet the rest of the time and don't talk or try to touch me or anything"

how much fun is a babe like that going to be? aren't you going to cross her off the list (fast) and move down to the next name (probably thinking, whew, glad i found THAT out about her)

yeah, a "real woman" she is, the essence of femininity, wouldn't you say? the essence of desirability, someone you're panting hot and heavy to build a life with?

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 10-10-2008 at 09:09 AM..

Old 10-10-2008, 09:15 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,164,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
Think about it guys, what would you do if you asked this hot chick to spend the weekend with you (hot tub, massage, nice dinner out, great sex) and she said, "No I can't spend the weekend with you i have to watch TV" or "No, sorry, I'm doing my counted cross-stitch embroidery all weekend" "the weekend after that? no, sorry babe, cross-stitch is my life, i'll be busy with it every weekend for the next 45 years" "but if you want to come over and hang out, i could probably talk to you during commercials, or in between when i'm changng the thread color in my needle, but only if you're quiet the rest of the time and don't talk or try to touch me or anything"

how much fun is a babe like that going to be? aren't you going to cross her off the list (fast) and move down to the next name (probably thinking, whew, glad i found THAT out about her)

yeah, a "real woman" she is, the essence of femininity, wouldn't you say? the essence of desirability, someone you're panting hot and heavy to build a life with?
DimSum....donchya think that's a bit extreme?? This is precisely why dating someone before marriage is a good idea If they are not for you then they are not for you....move on to the next one. For me, my hubby is a sports nut and I love it! We throw football parties and go to games....I wouldn't change a thing about him or the way we are together. So don't just assume that everyone feels the way you do.....there's nothing wrong with it it's just that not everyone feels that way and that's okay There's someone for everyone out there.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:21 AM

918 posts, read 1,643,007 times
To men, most things are a competition. That's why we love sprots.

Following our favorite teams year after year is no more "ridiculous" than watching a tv series, like a soap or sitcom... only our programs are real.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:38 AM

391 posts, read 872,667 times
[quote= What I'm trying to say is stick to guys that grow up in cultures more similar to American cultures, otherwise, you would have to be a rather untraditional girl to make the relationship work.[/quote]

I am married to a man raised and educated in Guatemala. He also has ties to Mexico. He is the only latino I have ever been with but I was sucked in by is sweet romantic ways. The fact that he is gorgeous was a plus. Smokey green bedroom eyes. We were worlds apart except I know in his culture he was use to being taken care of by his women. The women does all the women type stuff. I happen to have been raised in a similar way though I am just a plain old white american. My husband has an incredible work ethic, can fix anything electronic or otherwise. Type A personality. He is also a talented artist. The accent was a plus even though after all these years I do not speak much spanish at all. I am a pleaser so I try to keep my family happy around me so life is peaceful which I can say it is. I think I am a traditional woman but not girl. At 49 I think alot different than the young ones. MH is a futbol fan not to the estreme his son is. We do not watch TV on holidays or if something special is going on. If they want to watch it other times it ok with me. we have 2 TV's plus 2 PC's so I can do whatever I want when they are into futbol. They love their Futbol but MH understands priorities with the family first. His adult son we are teaching our house rule, but if we celebrate somewhere else and a game is on our boy can stay home and eat a can of beans. its his choice but if the holiday is here he is SOL.

Last edited by chey2u; 10-10-2008 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: Additional
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships