U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 11:33 PM
Status: "am I the only sane one in this crazy world?" (set 6 days ago)

644 posts, read 981,605 times
Default Attracted to foreign men: What do women think of foreign guys?

I've had a real interest in foreign men based on experience. I talked to a nice lady in another discussion group (in an arranged marriage) who felt like American men are too weak, lack culture, lack dignity and are too enamoured of "sports,fake women and alcohol" She said that foreign men have a sense of guardianship towards a woman (don't misread this as property) which I find very appealing. I've heard pro and con. I've heard that they are more enlightened, cultured, etc, and some women say they are bossy, controlling, or macho, I guess it depends on the other person's POV. Pluss, there are so many countries in the world that it would be ridiculous to sterotype people. I guess when I am talking about foreign, I am thinking of European, Indian, Asian. I'v met a few Arabic men, and a few from the Caribbean. People from Jamaica are very classy. All you hear about on the Internet are guys dating foreign women. In my experience what I like best about foreign guys is that they will approach you. They are not as socially inept, and I'm sure that most countries have less of a social barrier than the States do. Another thing I get is that foreign men aren't so gunshy about the "m" word. Maybe they really enjoy courting a woman in traditional cultures. Any American women really go for the foreign men?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 01:46 AM

25,170 posts, read 32,901,125 times
some middle eastererns and asian men look alright...not super hot but mildly handsome..

Old 10-01-2008, 02:45 AM

6,987 posts, read 12,466,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
some middle eastererns and asian men look alright...not super hot but mildly handsome..

As a man I don't find ANY men looking alright. It gives me the creeps just to think about it.

Old 10-01-2008, 03:06 AM

14 posts, read 40,101 times
Well, say we flip that question around, here's your answer. I like European women. They walk and talk with confidence. There's nothing less appealing than a woman who lacks confidence. No confidence is a deal breaker, I don't care how pretty she is. Insecurity is not attractive and I can't waste my time trying to boost another woman's confidence. I love women, but we all have our trials and tribulations and so this has nothing to do with being insensitive or not being understanding enough. The problem is that I've been down that path and life is way too short! I just don't have that kind of time. However, I can see myself investing my all in a very confident woman! That makes sense doesn't it. So, all in all, European women have a level of confidence and general comfort in social situations that makes we want to be around them. I don't want to be a one dimensional guy. Euro chicks are usually well rounded and that means that I can be myself around them. It really depends on the guy. If you're a bonehead, then I really wouldn't recommend dating a Euro chick. She'll get fed up and tired of you real quick. Trust me, I've seen it happen. The problem is, American women aren't making that same decision to get fed up with shallow *******s and date a fine gentleman for once in their lives. Too bad, it's your loss American women, of course not all of you go for the boneheaded *******, but a majority of you do and that makes the dating experience next to impossible for me. Nice guys always finish last in America, no matter how handsome and kind they are.

Old 10-01-2008, 03:47 AM

3,918 posts, read 5,104,598 times
Default Too much confidence too

No confidence is a deal breaker

Well, I guess us men have all different tastes
Personally, I just can't stand overly confident women, -which doesn't mean I don't like agressive ones-...
French women are simply arrogant and morally castrating (for me at least) but hey are not agressive at all....they'd rather die than to make the first move with guys
The worst thing about them is their hypocrisy; they profess to be pure souls not interested in a man's bank account, but all the good-looking ones are with wealthy guys
They are the meanest ******* I ever met
But of course they are agreeable to US tourists because they are "exotic" in Paris
But to the local average guy ....Holy ****!

Old 10-01-2008, 06:42 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,159,424 times
Well I married a foreign man - English. And I admitt, I always liked English and Irish accents. It's not that I disliked American men, I dated and I'm friends with plenty of them. Accents are sexy but they're just a bonus.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:43 AM

1,301 posts, read 1,484,659 times
Italian men are friendly....ahem...*giggles*

Then I met this guy from Israel. I wanted to see the real guns in the store, he didn't mind seeing meee.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:00 AM

8,183 posts, read 10,995,237 times
Sigh...paragraphs people...much easier to read!

I think some have over-thought the whole thing.

An English, Aussie, or Irish accent would get my attention but I would have to click with the person behind it.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:01 AM

4,892 posts, read 11,629,211 times
i married an italian man. i have to say foreign men grow up faster. they are commited at a younger age than american men are. they usually get married and start families younger. i cant stereotype, because obviously its not true for everyone.
but what i have seen between america men and italian men:
american guys try to act more macho, prefer not to dance, talk about certain things or listen to certain types of music for fear that they may be considered homosexual, they would rather spend their 20's drinking and partying since in their minds they have the rest of their lives to settle down.

italian men: more focused, are more confident in themselves and are not worried about who might think they are homosexual or not because of what they wear, say, dance, listen to, or talk about. partying to them means hanging out with a group of people talking, eating, drinking and just having a good time.

Old 10-01-2008, 07:41 AM

4,589 posts, read 8,578,066 times
I had an issue with Italian boys.....couldn't keep my hands off Unfortunatly I had unlimited access to them because I still have family in Italy that I visit quite often however, I grew out of that stage and Married me the most amazing Irish man!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships