Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 05:41 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
You say you offered, and then say "her request". These are two different things!!!!

What you're doing is classic! Denile is huge. You have simply picked up a new obsession, getting your family back.

You offered to go to the store, she asked you to pick up beer. You can't offer and request at the same time!~ You did not say "hey can I go to the store and pick you up beer!" Except in an alcoholics mind! We rationalize everything! And as sobriety gets stronger we realize how stupid we sounded trying to BS everybody at three months, when we got 6 months. Then we realize how dumb it was at 6 months, when we have a year. This is why we get somebody whose been through it all , to sit there and listen and look over their glasses at us, snicker and smile. Because we're just kids and that look ticks us off, it's that "boy he can read me like a book" They stand in as our conscience till we get one!
Optiflex,
It sounds like AA has been great for you. I have a cousin that has made AA her whole life, but she tries to drag everyone into it, and preaches to one and all. I do not drink, but the main reason is because alcohol is very high in my family.
I understand that you are trying to help voivod, but it feels like you might be coming across like you are beating him in the head. I feel he should be given support on how he is doing. Just my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 05:54 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
Aww sassy, that is so touching and sensitive of you to stand up for our lil' online buddy named Voivod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
Optiflex,
It sounds like AA has been great for you. I have a cousin that has made AA her whole life, but she tries to drag everyone into it, and preaches to one and all. I do not drink, but the main reason is because alcohol is very high in my family.
I understand that you are trying to help voivod, but it feels like you might be coming across like you are beating him in the head. I feel he should be given support on how he is doing. Just my opinion.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:46 PM

146 posts, read 387,651 times
Default f

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Aww sassy, that is so touching and sensitive of you to stand up for our lil' online buddy named Voivod.
gee, thanks artsy, i can stand up for myself. glad you got a good view from up there. you get the pedestal next to optiflexes?

oh and OPTIFLEX...nice job getting your website updated...

10/13/08: smokes/drinks--yes/yes
10/14/08: smokes/drinks: yes/no

you're such a phony...

see ya when you raise your head up...

Last edited by voivod; 10-14-2008 at 08:54 PM.. Reason: added info

Old 10-14-2008, 08:59 PM

^ what is optiflex a drunkard too?

Old 10-14-2008, 09:03 PM

might wanna ask him, or jump in your time machine and look at his website profile..oh wait, he got caught in a big fat lie and updated his website...PHONY!!!!

Old 10-14-2008, 09:18 PM

but I don't know how

Quote:
Originally Posted by voivod View Post
might wanna ask him, or jump in your time machine and look at his website profile..oh wait, he got caught in a big fat lie and updated his website...PHONY!!!!

Old 10-15-2008, 11:35 AM

HEY OPTIFLEX...nice pics on your myspace page...are those from your AA meeting too???

good thing they keep bottled beer on hand there...

and you say you are on ebay??? i'd love to see that too...you sell a load of crap like you try to sell here?

Last edited by voivod; 10-15-2008 at 11:57 AM..

Old 10-22-2008, 04:49 PM

917 posts, read 2,299,078 times
Geeze no wonder voivod's wife left...this is how he acts when he's NOT drinking?!

Old 10-26-2008, 12:53 AM

838 posts, read 2,241,340 times
Below is a copy of your post on the people search section of city-data. I am wondering how you get from trying to get your wife and kids back to hiring PIs to find your lost love. Does your wife know you are hiring a PI to find a lost love?

good PI/skip tracer for not alot of $

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i'm on disability terminal 46 yrs old so time is of the essence and am trying to find a lost love by the name of LANE MILLER...i'm posted on this forum. i'm just wondering...is there anyone here who could steer me the direction of a good, confident pi or skip tracer whom i could afford to conduct this difficult search for me. it would make me very happy. does anyone know of an affordable pi or skip tracer to conduct this search?

Old 10-26-2008, 10:22 AM

2,514 posts, read 4,953,937 times
(posted this in your people search forum also)....sorry to hear that your disability is terminal; I do not believe anyone here on the forum knew that. Hoping you find what or who you are searching for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships