U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 04:18 PM

2,413 posts, read 4,545,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizabethC View Post
I've always thought that guys like being the pursuer as it's part of their alpha-man subconscious but lately I've been wondering if that's even true at all . . .
No, not all men are into the "hunt and conquest" thing. Some definitely are, but many are not. Lots of variability from guy to guy.

My hunch is that the tendency is for men who are more traditionalistic in their views of relationships (i.e. more male dominant) to be more inclined toward "hunt and conquest."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 04:19 PM

25,170 posts, read 33,503,551 times
That is what dating is for....

Old 10-02-2008, 04:38 PM

3,682 posts, read 7,461,065 times
My friends use always ask why I had such a easy time meeting women. I always told them that match up with people who match up with me. If I see a group of 10 women together I will just walk up and start a casual conversation with all of them to all of them. Picking hottest out of the group and focusing on her would **** off the remaining 9. By having a casual conversation you can eliminate over half of them right of the bat. I focusing on those who are interested in you your batting average goes up. It's easier to have a conversation with someone who is interested in you than it is to try to convince someone your worthy of their time.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:38 PM

27,238 posts, read 26,298,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
No, not all men are into the "hunt and conquest" thing. Some definitely are, but many are not. Lots of variability from guy to guy.

My hunch is that the tendency is for men who are more traditionalistic in their views of relationships (i.e. more male dominant) to be more inclined toward "hunt and conquest."
I'm "traditional" in my approach to gender roles...but I'd still rather have her pursue me.

Makes the choices easier.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:50 PM

2,597 posts, read 7,698,810 times
always have, ALWAYS, since i was young. I like strong, independent, intelligent, women, that have a minds of their own. I had girlfriends, that were pushovers, and that totally turned me off, have sum [B@lls, stand up for yourselves!] I would be like damn, you **** me off, and they would be like, "im sorry baby, wait, stop, dont get mad!" Damn that would frustrate me, but then again, i guess, thats why my relationships have been very volatile, which is not good, cuz nobody ever backs down from an argument, so thats not good, but give me a girl, with sum pretty eyes, spunk and attitude, and whoooo!im in love!!!

plus when you tame one of these wildcats, theirs no greater feeling in the world, plus all your buddys will give you props and respect! [sorry! but i guess its a macho thing]

Old 10-02-2008, 07:14 PM

29,769 posts, read 18,081,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lola8822 View Post
I guess if I were a guy I'd agree but coming from a womans standpoint......sometimes persistance pays off......I guess it just depends on how badly you want somone.
I pursued my wife a bit when we first met and wouldn't go out with me because she thought I was too young. (32 vs. 25) It just so happened she was in a social group with my friend and he kept inviting me along and excusing himself of 15minutes etc. After she got to know me, we went from there.

So perhaps that just makes me a "passive stalker" LMAO

I guess that's as far as I would go...no barraging her with calls\flowers etc.
There are a lot of women out there and a guy has to have SOME pride right?

Old 10-02-2008, 07:17 PM

Maybe you have a really impressive bulge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
My friends use always ask why I had such a easy time meeting women.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:17 PM

49,291 posts, read 45,802,045 times
my best challenge was a year in divorce court, and then cleaning toilets for 3 1/2 years at night plus a rough day job to pay it off. that was thrilling. gosh i love exciting challenges.
im tellin ya it turns me on. 42 million divorces since 1975 (no fault inception) 75% filed by women.
oh honey lets do it again.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:19 PM

ROTFL.....Huckleberry's stories of defeat and depression always cheer me up and make me feel better about myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
my best challenge was a year in divorce court, and then cleaning toilets for 3 1/2 years at night plus a rough day job to pay it off. that was thrilling. gosh i love exciting challenges.
im tellin ya it turns me on. 42 million divorces since 1975 (no fault inception) 75% filed by women.
oh honey lets do it again.

Old 10-02-2008, 07:38 PM

41,643 posts, read 44,854,191 times
Poster sounds like she has watched to many movies. Most guys don't have time to waste on girl that want to be prusued in the old fashion movie drama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships