Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 11:06 AM

25 posts, read 44,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Signs of a Love Addiction « Lessons of a Love Addict (http://lessonsofaloveaddict.com/wondering-if-youre-a-love-addict/ - broken link)
Interesting article. She met about 98% of all of those. Seriously, no joke.
I could only relate to about 4 or 5.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 12:08 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,047,095 times
The sooner you stop, the easier it will be. Every time you do this, you are re-enforcing the habit.

You're robbing yourself of happiness.

Stop now.

I thought the idea of a letter to her, which you burn, was a good one too.

Old 10-03-2008, 02:45 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
You go to a shrink... you should know some people's heads are more messed up than others'...

Sex Addict and Love Addict Relationships

Signs of a Love Addiction « Lessons of a Love Addict (http://lessonsofaloveaddict.com/wondering-if-youre-a-love-addict/ - broken link)
Yeah but ... last night I gave her the axe. I told you guys I am going to be getting my counseling from the C-D forums now!!!

Old 10-03-2008, 02:47 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JsTx0521 View Post
Hearing that is kinda like the slap in the face I needed. It really makes me want to stop. I seem to get a little caught up in the act of things that I do forget that I am also doing wrong by checking her myspace.

I'm not sure how this has turned into some stalking or cyberstalknig issue. I don't drive by her house. I don't call her. I don't send her emails. I don't even talk about her with others. What I am doing is a little kooky but its purely selfish and not intended to harm her at all. She doesn't know I check it. I don't check it because I want to know if shes seeing anyone, I know she is already seeing someone. In fact shes living with him after knowing him 7 months. I think I do it because I sometimes wonder if shes up to the same ol tricks, or if shes happy. I don't know really. I feel like this myspace thing is the last thing I have to kick to the curb to totally rid myself of this grieving process.
Yes, but because you have her password, you have the ability to go into her personal messages, which in and of itself is creepy (had someone do this to me before). You also have the ability to actually go in and change her password, thereby locking her out of her own Myspace account. There's just something inherently wrong about that.

Old 10-03-2008, 09:32 PM

40 posts, read 101,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUNDIKE77 View Post
yes that is not the best way to go..//// but maybe you still care? if not go on with your life she will get her carma later for sure ... but i know how you feel when someone hurt you its hard to forget.... i seen that movie before but when you go on with your life and forgive her you will feel much better ,,, and don't forget she willl have to live with herself to know all the bad things she did to you
have a great day
I had an ex similar to that, knew in fact she was selfish only thought about her needs and could care less about mine and the only men she seems to "get excited" over were the men who were drunks, very rude in public (burping and farting in public, pulling each other pants down) and who had a "i dont care attitude" by the way she is 32, the maturity of the women here is sicknen

Old 10-03-2008, 11:58 PM

25 posts, read 44,724 times
That crazy woman text messaged me today asking me if I had plans for tonight. I dont know how long it will take befor she gets the clue that I dont want to talk to her. Months will go by and we will not talk. Then out of the blue she will pop her head back into my life and act like everything is ok. I tell her to stop calling me and a few weeks will go by and she calls again. I never pick up. And everytime I have picked up in the past its been because I neglected to see who was calling me. Weirdo....

Old 10-04-2008, 12:00 AM

918 posts, read 1,642,917 times
Been there, done that.

Eventually she will get the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsTx0521 View Post
That crazy woman text messaged me today asking me if I had plans for tonight. I dont know how long it will take befor she gets the clue that I dont want to talk to her. Months will go by and we will not talk. Then out of the blue she will pop her head back into my life and act like everything is ok. I tell her to stop calling me and a few weeks will go by and she calls again. I never pick up. And everytime I have picked up in the past its been because I neglected to see who was calling me. Weirdo....

Old 10-04-2008, 02:59 AM

323 posts, read 788,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUNDIKE77 View Post
yes that is not the best way to go..//// but maybe you still care? if not go on with your life she will get her carma later for sure ... but i know how you feel when someone hurt you its hard to forget.... i seen that movie before but when you go on with your life and forgive her you will feel much better ,,, and don't forget she willl have to live with herself to know all the bad things she did to you
have a great day
But there are two sides to every story and I'm sure her side does not sound like "I did a lot of really awful things to my ex!" or at least without her thinking that he deserved it.. I'm not saying that he is necessarily wrong saying that she did awful things to him.. I'm just saying that I'm sure she has some way of justifying her actions. Most bad people don't wouldn't agree that they are bad people. So I'm sure she's living with herself just fine.. Sorry! But at least you get to live your life knowing that she is no longer your significant other
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships