Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 07:07 PM

37,477 posts, read 45,726,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0nb0n View Post
I never hear a man complaining that hes getting hit on by a creepy girl at a random bar/club whatever..
Isn't THAT the truth!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0nb0n View Post
so my long post i guess goes to say its tough to date no matter what gender you are if you wont settle for just anyone...if you're picky and want the whole package its not as easy to date..
Exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 07:14 PM

37,477 posts, read 45,726,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Nowadays, we're under pressure to look good too. Why do you think men go to the gym? It's not for our health.
Huh??? You are kidding, right? I'm at the gym everyday. I can assure you, it most defnitely IS for my health.

Old 10-11-2008, 03:21 AM

75 posts, read 180,855 times
Default Only a woman can tell...

well men are always biased in their opinions about us woman...all that we seek is genuine guys...forget about the looks...may be for girls that matter...normal looks are ok...but what we always look for honesty in the guy...like this guy I met last week, I was in new York and got this sms via Bluepont...the guy was nice and smart and intelligent...he was in insurance...what i liked about him was he did not offer to pay for the dinner but he did leave me to my dorm and did not try doing anything funny...and now I am missing him...will meet him again for sure ....

Old 11-27-2008, 08:07 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,126,486 times
I have a hard time viewing my looks objectively, but being tall and slender, I do think I have an advantage looks-wise over many of the out-of-shape women around me....and yet I have been single my whole life. I've dated a bit, but nothing long term. Maybe my personality sucks (haha....erm...), but I am not mean or stupid. I am, however, painfully shy. People expect women to be warm & outgoing, more so than men, so dating can be very hard for an introverted and reserved woman.
Very few men take an interest in me, and when they do, they lose interest fast as I am so slow to warm up.

Old 11-27-2008, 08:12 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,183,030 times
in the words of the great george orwell in book ----down and out in london and paris--- a woman can only fall to a certain point some man will always take her in. but a guy no, when a guy reaches a certain income drop he automatically becomes alone and celebate.

Old 11-27-2008, 08:48 PM
ECG

42,606 posts, read 2,740,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
What's hard for guys is we gotta be a breadwinner and make the moves on women. But how hard is dating for women? I guess it'll vary for 3 categories - the pretty, the avg looking, and the ugly.

I guess the pretty have it easy because they'll be in demand, but the problem is creeps or losers that hit on you or maybe womanizer that just treat you as a piece of meat for sex? Let's hear your stories!

Avg looking, harder to get a good man? What else? Men can be so focused on looks and pass you over. What other problems?[/SIZE]

Being ugly seems kinda hopeless, unless you team up with an equally ugly man. Unless you're a sugarmomma who can "buy" a man. Let's hear your stories!

It's funny, even an ugly guy can get a pretty woman if he's rich.

What else is hard for women in the dating scene?
What makes you think, men are the only ones out there who have to make the move???

I consider myself pretty, but I would not let any man use me as a piece of meat just for sex..to those I say..go suck on an egg.

Looks or money to me at not that important, its what is in their heart, their feelings, the way the treat a lady, their personality.

Old 11-27-2008, 08:52 PM
ECG

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatfastnoodle View Post
well, women are more attracted to fat beer-guzzling slobs that some of you might realize.
Not me...you can keep those type of guys!!! yakkkkkkkkkk

Old 11-27-2008, 09:04 PM
ECG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
but a guy no, when a guy reaches a certain income drop he automatically becomes alone and celebate.

I do not agree with your statement Huck if a women falls in love with a guy just because his income drops in my book he does not automatically becomes someone to discard!!

If you care enough for that person you love him even if he is rich or poor!!

Old 11-27-2008, 09:06 PM

3,885 posts, read 8,107,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasturkey View Post
she is also disorganized, forgetful, irresponsible, flighty, and at times a scatterbrain
Have we met before? I'm not irresponsible, but everything else pretty much fits.

To answer the original question, dating itself isn't difficult. The difficulty comes when you are attempting to form a serious relationship with someone.

When I was younger, I had a very specific set of requirements for who I would marry or what I considered a successful relationship. I looked for the handsome knight on a white horse, someday my prince will come and I will be a fairytale princess and live happily ever after (insert swooning and sighing and little floating hearts here) crap. Damn Disney fairytales.

I have learned a lot over the years. I can't deny that looks play a role in attraction for either side though. I don't think anyone looks at someone else and thinks "Wow, they are hideous! I want to get involved with them!" I'm almost certain that the first thing that attracted me to my SO was his incredible intelligence and base of knowledge. But, he's hot too so I'm not sure that my previous statement is the actual truth. It could be that I just want to think that I'm deeper than a puddle.

Old 11-28-2008, 12:33 AM

323 posts, read 786,228 times
I wouldn't say that the "pretty" people have it easy and not for the reasons of being looked at as a piece of meat. I have a really good looking friend and I think her looks make her boyfriend really insecure. And to make it worse, I think that he thinks she's doing things to make him insecure so he takes it out on her (ie. if she takes too long to respond to his texts, he assumes that he's not important enough to her to respond quickly).

If I were to judge myself, I would say that I'm slightly above average in the looks department.. I would guess that my group has it the easiest. First of all, we probably have the largest population (or are at least tied with the unattractive people lol) so it's easy for us to meet and date each other.. We're not unpleasant to look at but we're not so hot that it makes us seem too good to be true.

Aside from that, dating is still difficult no matter what "group" you fall into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships