Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 03:24 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times

Advertisements

Good one.

It signifies mutual physical attraction but not anything else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2008, 04:04 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asitshouldbe View Post
A first kiss does not mean too much. It seems like the guy always has to kiss you even if you do not plan on seeing him again, they just gotta kiss you. I would say the kiss means more after you start dating for awhile and you start to have feelings for the other person.
+1

Post couldn't be more accurate.

Old 10-05-2008, 04:20 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
God, what a depressing thread... For the record, I don't care for the rituals. If I don't feel like kissing somebody, I just won't. Then again, I wouldn't be out with him to begin with. Don't mind me... carry on.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:31 PM

17 posts, read 53,028 times
It shows that two people are attracted to each other, and want to explore that.

Old 10-10-2008, 08:49 PM

213 posts, read 784,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jxinterdits View Post
I'll bet a lot of people believe this, actually.
More intimate than sex--not always, more telling than sex-always!!

Old 10-11-2008, 10:07 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Yes. I love getting into a first kiss session.

Old 10-11-2008, 10:57 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
First kiss...can mean everthing!

Old 10-12-2008, 09:54 AM

2,412 posts, read 5,084,211 times
Kissing is an advanced level sign of intimacy. Atraction begins with eye contact. Then other signs like hair twirling, exsposing wrists, tilting neck. Then if interest continues touching usually initiated by the female, very bad for the male to touch first. The woman usually starts taking the opertunity to touch the male on the hand, arms. Men are generally clueless and the female starts touching more frequantly, duhhhhhh touch me back! The female usually wants to be kissed when she moves in closer tilting neck, a sort of pre-kiss jesture but after slapping the guy 50 times and moving in she want's him to take the ball here. Think I'm making this up? Video tape two interested people for an hour but play it fast forward! You'll see the female practically mauling the guys arm in fast forward until he finally gets a clue and touches back.

After connecting in such a way the first kiss usually gets rated hi no matter how bad or awkward. This is why there are so many one night stands, and then they realize "what was i thinking?" even if the two have a lot in common and might make a good match, they now see each other as just hook ups. This is why hold offers have such a higher term success rate, but think they don't. They eventually get into "petting" a guy, or gal they like for more reasons than just initial desire. As a guy who learned how to listen to and read women i find many annoy me, no matter how hot the initial attraction is, doesn't mean I'm not going there, just realizing it is what it is right off the bat. In which case I'm turning up the afterburners that night on purpose so I don't have to for nights on end with this annoying woman, lol. You interest me, I'm actually going to hold off on bagging you tonight.

In my age group a lot of newly available women just want to feel desired, after a failure. I am very aware of this...lol If I truly like a girl I usually won't go beyond the touching stage on a first date until the drop off. It impresses them and makes them hungry for a second date and then when they compair notes, which THEY ALL DO and girls tell them I'm just a hound they get thinking they might be special, he seems to like me for me. That sorta thing. Wink. Yes I'm a predator, but there are a lot of predetorettes out there too!

Old 11-02-2010, 05:36 PM

1 posts, read 4,612 times
optiflex, thanks for the help. that post helped me realize what and how to establish and maintain a great relationship. i'm going on the 5th month... wish me luck!

Old 11-02-2010, 05:41 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,383,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
When you are dating someone, in your own words, what does that first kiss represent to you? Does it mean that the two people have acknowledged an attraction? Does it imply that they want to continue seeing each other? Or does it not signify anything at all?
Depending on how the kiss was! To me, the kiss was always representing a mutual attraction and desire towards each other, especially if the kiss was so passionate that would make my knees weak.
However, if the kiss turned out to be awkward with no sparks flying, then it would possibly mean the end of possibility for a relationship.

Aaaah! Old thread!! Didn't notice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships