Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2008, 07:55 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Yes folks KAF and I live a mile apart, we are neighbors, and we are friends.
I sure hope he/she is NOT friends with your wife!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 08:08 PM

37,465 posts, read 61,396,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I sure hope he/she is NOT friends with your wife!
Actually KAF is a dear friend of ours. KAF and her DH come to our home all of the time. All last winter we alternated hosting dinner parties at each others' homes each weekend. KAF is likely the closest friend that my Dw has at this time.

My Dw knows what our marriage is like, and KAF knows.

My DW knows that I am not happy in it. My Dw and I have spoken about this many times. It is not a topic which holds my Dw's interest.

My Dw knows that I do talk to people about my need for intimacy, she simply does not want to 'have' to hear it.

I am fine with KAF being my friend, living near by and being a friend with my Dw.

My Dw even posts every day on this forum.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:11 PM

sierraAZ -

I do find it interesting that there seems to have been an assumption that I have been saying things in a sneaking manner, or out of turn here.

Like I did not wish for my Dw to find out.

I hide very few things in my life.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:11 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Actually KAF is a dear friend of ours. KAF and her DH come to our home all of the time. All last winter we alternated hosting dinner parties at each others' homes each weekend. KAF is likely the closest friend that my Dw has at this time.

My DW knows that I am not happy in it. My Dw and I have spoken about this many times. It is not a topic which holds my Dw's interest.

My Dw knows that I do talk to people about my need for intimacy, she simply does not want to 'have' to hear it.

I am fine with KAF being my friend, living near by and being a friend with my Dw.

Good Lord... that's quite strange, but still better than seeing you as an "eternal" member!

Old 11-06-2008, 08:31 PM

A phrase that has been used is 'asexual'.

I think perhaps that if you have never known an asexual person, then perhaps you don't get what it means.

Imagine a person who has no sweet tooth. They do not taste 'sweet'. they do not like sweet candy, they do not hate sweet candy. they simply can not taste sweet, so sweet means nothing to them. You can talk about sweet, but they will forever be wondering what you are talking about, because they can eat the same item, and it tastes no different, it has no attraction.

It is like you like blue, while I like green, but you and I are in a room with a blind person. You like blue, I like green, they hear this and blue / green holds no meaning for them. Yes the blind person knows that blue and green are colours. But how does anyone like either of them? they are just colours.

An asexual person, could have sex. "Okay that was a waste of 30 minutes now can we go shopping?"

They experience no enjoyment from it, it holds no draw, it could have been getting a hair cut.

Throw in low estrogen and the genitalia atrophy. So there is no possible swelling of the vulva, no increased sensitivity to touch, none of the clinical 'arousal' signs. So every sex act is very much comparable to a rape [in the context of a female not being physically 'ready' for sex].

In one counseling group, I has learned that in our culture it is not entirely uncommon for asexual people to try to mimic what they see in our culture as physical attraction, while they are courting marriage. Because they see marriage as a goal, as something to gain for social acceptance.

But once the wedding has happened, they no longer put up the effort to mimic such behaviors.

Old 11-06-2008, 08:41 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times

Right after the marriage it all ended?

Old 11-06-2008, 08:52 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,636,118 times
You know why the bride is smiling on her wedding day right? Because she knows she's given her last blowjob!

Old 11-07-2008, 05:59 AM

411 posts, read 898,916 times
Quote:

Well said... very well said. We may have a strange relationship to some, but that's okay. Having known you for well over a year now, I know you aren't hiding anything, and since your Dw has been candid about the same issues I can't imagine she has an issue now. lol

I count both of you among my closest friends, and am thankful for both of you everyday, even though we've been in much less contact here lately due to life circumstances. I do look forward to our next get together though! Be sure to tell your Dw I said hello, and I'll talk to you soon.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:26 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
How old are you Jonathan?
He's very young, lol. It shows, doesn't it?

Old 11-07-2008, 09:33 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
You know why the bride is smiling on her wedding day right? Because she knows she's given her last blowjob!
Not true. They are just on reserve for special occasions. Ya still have to dangle the carott infront of the jack arse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships