Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 12:41 AM

918 posts, read 1,628,843 times

Advertisements

Umm....

I think I will leave that one alone.

Just remember... you weren't rejected. What he thinks you are was rejected... and that isn't you. So, rejection is simply a result of not having a true sense of reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippogurl View Post
No, I went out with a couple of gay guys, which I thought were straight, I didn't know until they wanted me to do stuff with them that gay people do and for me that is a big no no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 12:42 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,824,483 times
That is what I'm saying. They lied to you. Seriously, that is cheap on their part. I would be fuming and flying off the handle if they were fooling me about that....that is just me though.

You can probably look back and laugh at it though...lol....

Quote:
No, I went out with a couple of gay guys, which I thought were straight, I didn't know until they wanted me to do stuff with them that gay people do and for me that is a big no no.

Old 10-08-2008, 12:45 AM
miu

17,764 posts, read 40,037,481 times
Quote:
He does have quite a lot of issues that I can't ignore.
So what are all these issues that you allude to?

Otherwise, I suppose my other take on this situation, is that you are a woman that has never been turned down for no strings attached sex... so you are shocked that he did say no to you. And I think that you should just let it go, and gracefully.

Old 10-08-2008, 12:47 AM

17 posts, read 56,180 times
Artsyguy, I'm glad you don't feel rejection is a problem, I commend you for that. And you're right I'd rather be alone that be with an ass. I think you're a great catch because your honest and know what you want in life. Good for you!!

Old 10-08-2008, 12:47 AM
miu

Quote:
Originally Posted by djfish34ren View Post
Just remember... you weren't rejected. What he thinks you are was rejected... and that isn't you. So, rejection is simply a result of not having a true sense of reality.
Whaat?

Old 10-08-2008, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Whaat?

Old 10-08-2008, 12:48 AM

1,217 posts, read 4,023,790 times
I don't see what the problem is. He gave you his answer. Why can't you deal with it? Why are you so obsessive? Get over it already. You're supposedly thirty years old. I would hope to God that you're more mature than this.

Old 10-08-2008, 12:49 AM

I didn't realize caring and having feelings is a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmulk View Post
I don't see what the problem is. He gave you his answer. Why can't you deal with it? Why are you so obsessive? Get over it already. You're supposedly thirty years old. I would hope to God that you're more mature than this.

Old 10-08-2008, 12:56 AM

17 posts, read 56,180 times
Miu, you know what, you actually crack me up, seriously you come up with these funny comments (no offense).

The issues I have with him is as follows: He has no money what so ever, I had to pay for everything when we first went on our date, doesn't have a job and probably won't get one until he graduates (that would probably another 2 years), has a child (which I think is very young in my opinion), no car, and he did mention to me that he was a thief before he had custody of his son, after he told me that I hid my gps so he and his brother doesn't see it.

Old 10-08-2008, 01:02 AM
miu

It also may be that he rejected the O.P. because she's so promiscuous and he didn't want to catch any STD's from her. That could be why he was friendly at first, then finally rejected her advances. Even at my age, I know a lot of young guys and I also know they way they tend to think about sex, women and older women. And while a 7 year difference is not huge, at his age, it is. Later on, when he is 30 and you are 37, it will be not a big deal.

And in case you haven't read any of my earlier posts about my boyfriend. He's 23 years younger than me and we first became friends when he was 22. We've been a couple and living together for 5 years now. So don't think that I'm some old prude that is shocked at you wanting to have an affair with a 23 year old. Otherwise, age gap encounters and relationships just are not for everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships