Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 07:54 PM

17 posts, read 56,164 times

Advertisements

I met this guy who was 19 and now 23, I'm 30 and we began making out and touching each other but never went all the way. He initiated all the advances, I just went along because I thought he was cute. We were supposed to get together and have sex but somehow neither one of us called to confirm and ever since then I haven't heard from him. I have called and left a voice message but he never called. Then I saw him 2 weeks ago and I didn't stop my car to say hello because he was playing this sport and I didn't want to bother him, but he did see me. Then I see him today, this time I was playing this sport and he saw me and didn't say hello and left somewhere on a bicycle, but his brother and friend came in.

I didn't want a serious relationship with him just wanted a fling and I sort of mentioned that to him.

I sent him a text message saying:
Hi, please call me I want to talk to you

He wrote: Sorry Mary don’t take it personal but im focusing on my studies. I don’t want to lead you on to anything that im not ready for.

I wrote: Thanks for responding i just wanted to know what happened that day and you answered my question im sorry if I was aggressive toward you that was not my intention i hope we can remain friends well happy studying

I'm wondering if he is mad at me, because usually if a person is pissed he would ignore that and if he wasn't he would've came in the courts and said hello, am I wrong in thinking this? I'm just wondering what everyone's opinion is.

Thanks!.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 07:57 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,305,232 times
this is really not the place to let people know about when and who you're gonna have the secks with

Old 10-07-2008, 08:03 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,308,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippogurl View Post
I met this guy who was 19 and now 23, I'm 30 and we began making out and touching each other but never went all the way. He initiated all the advances, I just went along because I thought he was cute. We were supposed to get together and have sex but somehow neither one of us called to confirm and ever since then I haven't heard from him. I have called and left a voice message but he never called. Then I saw him 2 weeks ago and I didn't stop my car to say hello because he was playing this sport and I didn't want to bother him, but he did see me. Then I see him today, this time I was playing this sport and he saw me and didn't say hello and left somewhere on a bicycle, but his brother and friend came in.

I didn't want a serious relationship with him just wanted a fling and I sort of mentioned that to him.

I sent him a text message saying:
Hi, please call me I want to talk to you

He wrote: Sorry Mary don’t take it personal but im focusing on my studies. I don’t want to lead you on to anything that im not ready for.

I wrote: Thanks for responding i just wanted to know what happened that day and you answered my question im sorry if I was aggressive toward you that was not my intention i hope we can remain friends well happy studying

I'm wondering if he is mad at me, because usually if a person is pissed he would ignore that and if he wasn't he would've came in the courts and said hello, am I wrong in thinking this? I'm just wondering what everyone's opinion is.

Thanks!.
Maybe he's not the kind of young man who believes in "flings". Maybe he is concentrating on his studies so that he can finish becoming a man to be ready for a real relationship one day. In other words, maybe he is just not as shallow as you are.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:09 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,565,686 times
You're annoying. Let him grow up. Maybe he thinks that you're too old for him and he's with a young thing while he's "studying" in college.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:10 PM

11,364 posts, read 24,319,862 times
All you can do is say "oh well," and keep moving. There will be new men. Don't worry.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:01 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,798,865 times
I just wanted to say that a lot of men that are in their late teens and early twenties are not really into relationships; however, I think the OP went away from this feeling used, lead on, and rejected. The OP probably wanted more than a fling but just isn't telling us that maybe she favored a relationship.

The OP needs to understand that younger men are usually very immature and do not know the dynamics of relationships. The OP needs to find somebody closer to his or her age and maturity level. It is called DATING.

I'm just giving the OP the benefit of the doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Maybe he's not the kind of young man who believes in "flings". Maybe he is concentrating on his studies so that he can finish becoming a man to be ready for a real relationship one day. In other words, maybe he is just not as shallow as you are.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:02 PM

Is that being sensitive and sympathetic to the OP's issue or is that an attack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
You're annoying. Let him grow up. Maybe he thinks that you're too old for him and he's with a young thing while he's "studying" in college.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:12 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,565,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Is that being sensitive and sympathetic to the OP's issue or is that an attack?

I don't attack people. I'm sorry if she would feel that I was. I'm just being insensitive for today ( I got sick: groan, *cough). Anyway, she should move on.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:13 PM

697 posts, read 2,009,271 times
Why doesn't he want to be friends? You mean why doesn't he want to be friends with benefits. Maybe he decided you're too needy or immature. Or maybe he wants to focus on his studies.

Anybody who is 30 and on a forum asking this kind of question has to ask her/himself where their life is going, what you want out of it and what are your priorities.

He's on the young side, let him be 23 and enjoy himself with what he chooses.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:20 PM

How is she too needy and immature? I think it is the other way around.

He showed interested in her in the first place and she is being a mature adult trying to reconnect and be friends or get some closure on the situation . I don't see anything wrong with that. The guy blowing her off is too immature/too lazy to have a conversation. Clearly there wasn't good communication to begin with, so you need to be sure to have good, direct, and open communication with guys in the future.

The OP needs to move on. Forget the guy, at age 23 guys are incredibly immature and believe me they will strut their stuff and act like they know it all. So just move on and find a real relationship not a fling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 925mine View Post
Why doesn't he want to be friends? You mean why doesn't he want to be friends with benefits. Maybe he decided you're too needy or immature. Or maybe he wants to focus on his studies.

Anybody who is 30 and on a forum asking this kind of question has to ask her/himself where their life is going, what you want out of it and what are your priorities.

He's on the young side, let him be 23 and enjoy himself with what he chooses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships