Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 09:44 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,183,415 times

Advertisements

Calm down.........I'm not astounded

ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Why are you so astounded? Women tend to be a lot pickier about choosing a mate than a man. And my feelings are similar to hers... I'd say that easily more than 98% of all men on this planet, aren't for me, maybe more. And even though I find white men the most attractive (in terms of both inner and outer appeal), I'd date less than 5% of the white men I've seen and encountered. And a man can be extremely attractive on the outside, but if he doesn't have the inner qualities that I need (personality and smarts), then it's a total no-go for me. I'm not even interested in a weekend fling with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2008, 05:17 PM

521 posts, read 1,629,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRon View Post
Please explain?

If you think it will cause a firestorm just DM me.

Thanks cr
I think the best example I can use is the fact that I hate Indian food. Sorry to say, I cannot stand it! The cultural difference in their food, is such an important factor that I dont date girls from India. I wouldnt be able to bear having to eat this type of food on a normal basis, assuming of course the gf would cook this food, much less on a yearly basis such as the holidays to be on her parent's good side. I know that sounds stupid but cuisine does have its importance in my likes.

And Im not going to speculate as to stereotypes since I dont believe that a majority exemplifies every single instance. But I will admit that some of the stereotypes of the cultural differences amongst some ethnicities serve me some type of baseline whether the relationship will go anywhere or not.

For example:
Being Italian/Mexican I am very big into close knit families that aren't just about the nuclear family. Im talking about cousins/aunts/uncles/etc. And Im not talking about families that only get together for the holidays, but that get together every weekend or two. I hate to see families not getting along, having to stand each other, not getting together, etc. Ive dated girls in families such as that and I'm always like, "WTF...You're family. Get over it!" This is just an example.

Asian families, arent typically closely bonded, but I dont let the stereotype base my decision on whether to go out with an asian girl, but I try to see if her family is close or not. Whether the girl is asian, white, black, latina, if her family is beefing, its a turn off since I see that they don't hold the same cultural values that my family does. I know it sounds judgmental and I might be labeling a potential great person based on her family, but I wouldnt want to chance being with someone that could potentially hold grudges and split my family apart.

Last edited by wesside; 10-11-2008 at 05:21 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 10-11-2008, 05:53 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,664,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlitasway View Post
Because white boys taste like chicken
Hhmmm....If white boys taste like chicken, I wonder what that makes black guys taste like? LOL......

Old 10-11-2008, 06:10 PM

52,245 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Hhmmm....If white boys taste like chicken, I wonder what that makes black guys taste like? LOL......
You girls are being naughty.

By all means don't let me interrupt you.

Old 10-11-2008, 06:26 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,093,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
HA! Me too! White men just don't attract me at all. They are boring looking and not as attractive. I think black men are very sexy.
LOL, now I can find them attractive if they have that coppertone tan
and I have seen some beautiful men of every race and creed, God bless men!!

Old 10-11-2008, 07:44 PM

Wes,

great post and explanation. I appreciate you taking time to explan. You make very valid points, especially as it relates to the food. I never thought about that before, that makes a lot of sense, to me. I like your take on the family as well. Good stuff Wes.........

cr

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesside View Post
I think the best example I can use is the fact that I hate Indian food. Sorry to say, I cannot stand it! The cultural difference in their food, is such an important factor that I dont date girls from India. I wouldnt be able to bear having to eat this type of food on a normal basis, assuming of course the gf would cook this food, much less on a yearly basis such as the holidays to be on her parent's good side. I know that sounds stupid but cuisine does have its importance in my likes.

And Im not going to speculate as to stereotypes since I dont believe that a majority exemplifies every single instance. But I will admit that some of the stereotypes of the cultural differences amongst some ethnicities serve me some type of baseline whether the relationship will go anywhere or not.

For example:
Being Italian/Mexican I am very big into close knit families that aren't just about the nuclear family. Im talking about cousins/aunts/uncles/etc. And Im not talking about families that only get together for the holidays, but that get together every weekend or two. I hate to see families not getting along, having to stand each other, not getting together, etc. Ive dated girls in families such as that and I'm always like, "WTF...You're family. Get over it!" This is just an example.

Asian families, arent typically closely bonded, but I dont let the stereotype base my decision on whether to go out with an asian girl, but I try to see if her family is close or not. Whether the girl is asian, white, black, latina, if her family is beefing, its a turn off since I see that they don't hold the same cultural values that my family does. I know it sounds judgmental and I might be labeling a potential great person based on her family, but I wouldnt want to chance being with someone that could potentially hold grudges and split my family apart.

Old 10-12-2008, 10:27 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,309,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesside View Post

For example:

WTF are you saying????

Old 10-12-2008, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Do you date another race because you dislike the men of your race or do you just bhappen to like that person who is of another race?

Be honest.

If you're a black women answering please stay away from the
" there are no good black guys BS" that's why I date white guys.

Thanks
\
cr
Dude you having a hard time finding a white chick or do you feel insecure when you are with one? Don't want to come across obtuse but you seem to be always looking for answers. Why not just roll with it and not over analyze things.

Old 10-12-2008, 10:45 AM

WOW..........are you kidding me?

Who died and made you king of CD? If people did not ask questions would there be a CD?

You're correct, you are a blabber mouth, with nothing worth saying so you need to insult others. Are you aware this is what message boards are all about? LOLOLOLOL...funny guy/gal you are!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
Dude you having a hard time finding a white chick or do you feel insecure when you are with one? Don't want to come across obtuse but you seem to be always looking for answers. Why not just roll with it and not over analyze things.

Old 10-12-2008, 11:06 AM

Quote:
WOW..........are you kidding me?

Who died and made you king of CD? If people did not ask questions would there be a CD?

You're correct, you are a blabber mouth, with nothing worth saying so you need to insult others. Are you aware this is what message boards are all about? LOLOLOLOL...funny guy/gal you are!!!
You forgot the opinionated infront of the blabber mouth. Listen I'm giving an opinion like anyone else and I have done so if a few of the countless threads on here regarding inter-racial dating.

Is it that big a deal? Ooops yes I forgot it's America and for some it's still a big deal.

Somebody shoot me the day I have to toture myself with endless questions when ever I date a white guy or someone of another race other than Black.

Last edited by Raggy dee Ann; 10-12-2008 at 11:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships