Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 11:14 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,147,019 times

Advertisements

This thread is actually doing just fine untill you "blessed us" with your rethoric.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 11:25 AM

408 posts, read 694,645 times
Umm not really. Its going fine in the sense that no one is fighting or intentionally throwing a race under the bus. But I have been reading this thread since it started and it is starting to turn into a 'what we don't like about other cultures.' There are people on here that say they would not date someone who is fighting with their family!! How crazy is that! If you do not get to know them then you have no idea what they are fighting about, some families are crazy and you need to get away. Others on this thread base it off of looks, which people I hate to be the bearer of bad news here but the disliking of one race on looks stems from upbringing and the community you were raised in, so try to step out of your comfort zone and learn. The people on this thread that date all kinds of races, or haven't but would I applaud you. For the others- Sometimes, just sometimes, doesn't it get lonely in that bubble you live in?

Old 10-12-2008, 11:40 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,147,019 times
Mamashay87,

great post. Especially about living in bubble. Even if you don't date outside of your race, there are certainly many things to learn about others. Many will not even learn aobut others.

I, myself am into women from other countries, if I date outside of my race/culture it will more than likely be with a women of another race from a different country.

I have not seen a difference between white american women and black american women. They both share the same (American) culture, the only difference is they may do things different within the culture based on how/where they were raised. But black women and white women are one in the same to me.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaShay87 View Post
Umm not really. Its going fine in the sense that no one is fighting or intentionally throwing a race under the bus. But I have been reading this thread since it started and it is starting to turn into a 'what we don't like about other cultures.' There are people on here that say they would not date someone who is fighting with their family!! How crazy is that! If you do not get to know them then you have no idea what they are fighting about, some families are crazy and you need to get away. Others on this thread base it off of looks, which people I hate to be the bearer of bad news here but the disliking of one race on looks stems from upbringing and the community you were raised in, so try to step out of your comfort zone and learn. The people on this thread that date all kinds of races, or haven't but would I applaud you. For the others- Sometimes, just sometimes, doesn't it get lonely in that bubble you live in?

Old 10-12-2008, 12:02 PM

532 posts, read 906,675 times
I'm white dating a black man. I've dated many races. Its about the person not the skin color.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:17 PM

521 posts, read 1,625,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaShay87 View Post
There are people on here that say they would not date someone who is fighting with their family!! How crazy is that!
I dont know what you two are disputing about, id rather stay away from it, but I take your quote as criticizing some characteristics that turn me off when dating women.
I dont see any reason why this is anything other than sensible. Ive dated women that are in the middle of family disputes either as a participant, or as a casualty, and its never pretty. Id rather stay away from those situations since family is held at the top of my list. Usually though, I do find out what its all about and its usually something very stupid, or just the fact that some families treat each other as "every man for himself."

But this characteristic is similar to dating someone who is socially ackward/not social when you yourself are a very social person.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:47 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,087,711 times
[quote=ChicagoRon;5642101]Are you black or white?

cr

Thanks for answering

I'm white and my husband is also white. I have nothing against other races and they all have something wonderful to offer.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:59 PM

391 posts, read 871,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Hhmmm....If white boys taste like chicken, I wonder what that makes black guys taste like? LOL......
BQ chicken? Ya know thats not even nice I am going to go slap myself,
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAP!!!!
I'm sorry I actually prefer non white boys. Been there done that. I prefer chocolate. Milk chocolate or semi dark.

Old 10-12-2008, 02:04 PM

391 posts, read 871,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
I can genuinely state that I'm not attracted to white men. Physically, I'm just not.

Now, a bronze-skinned man with dark eyes and dark hair? Big, dark hands? Yes. Yes, please.

I second that.... Yummmy

Old 10-12-2008, 02:57 PM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,651,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Hhmmm....If white boys taste like chicken, I wonder what that makes black guys taste like? LOL......

YouTube - White Boys / Black Boys - Hair

Old 10-12-2008, 03:12 PM

3 posts, read 4,518 times
Default Good Answer

So true, I enjoyed reading your view on this blog and I wish more people would learn for themselves as well. Don't change
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships