Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 03:45 PM

77,721 posts, read 59,870,178 times

Advertisements

If a gal DID write this, then she is merely expressing her frustration over dating.

I suspect that she is a perfectionist that basically wants a guy with Movie star looks and his own medical practice to come in and sweep her off her feet because that is what she "deserves". She likely feels upset that her hard work and success are not valued as highly by some of the guys in the dating public who would be happy to date the 7-11 working hottie instead of her and that's "not fair".

In reality, she rejects the advances of lesser guys with bald spots, some paunch or blue collar job because they "aren't in her league".

Simply put, she hasn't attracted the attention of guys she deems worthy and is lonely and frustrated. She will either re-evaluate or turn bitter and lonely.

I work with a lot of successful, intelligent women...my field is full of them and I see this often.

I personally think that if you are having dating woes, introspection of who you are and what you want is perhaps a better course of action than railing about the "unfairness" of what is an inherently chaotic process. <shrug>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2008, 03:52 PM

13,562 posts, read 21,314,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
If a gal DID write this, then she is merely expressing her frustration over dating.

I suspect that she is a perfectionist that basically wants a guy with Movie star looks and his own medical practice to come in and sweep her off her feet because that is what she "deserves". She likely feels upset that her hard work and success are not valued as highly by some of the guys in the dating public who would be happy to date the 7-11 working hottie instead of her and that's "not fair".

In reality, she rejects the advances of lesser guys with bald spots, some paunch or blue collar job because they "aren't in her league".

Simply put, she hasn't attracted the attention of guys she deems worthy and is lonely and frustrated. She will either re-evaluate or turn bitter and lonely.

I work with a lot of successful, intelligent women...my field is full of them and I see this often.

I personally think that if you are having dating woes, introspection of who you are and what you want is perhaps a better course of action than railing about the "unfairness" of what is an inherently chaotic process. <shrug>
could be.From the "letter' I can't really pin point what this woman is.But the end line is telling "I'll be waiting".

Hey I'm single and kinda like it that way,though there is a part that wonders "hmmm,wonder if I'll meet someone that rocks my world",but I go with the flow,I'm not "waiting" for it,I get on with my life just fine.

I don't need love,it is a great feeling but I kinda love myself,if I fall head over heals in the future well cool.She sounds like she needs love after defending herself.

Old 10-09-2008, 04:31 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,804,646 times
sniff but I wanna be called Mork sniff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
I'll just call you Mindy and your boyfriend Mork...

Old 10-09-2008, 08:32 PM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,635,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Where these guys because I can't find them. It would be nice to meet a guy who isn't looking for a woman who can double their income.
Seriously! I had a guy break up with me because I didn't make enough money to put our household income combined into the range he wanted.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:41 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,925,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstoner View Post
Seriously! I had a guy break up with me because I didn't make enough money to put our household income combined into the range he wanted.
Why didn't you tell him raising his income can also get you in the desired range?

Old 10-10-2008, 01:12 AM

34 posts, read 134,826 times
Wow!!! You found my ex's post on craigslist! (just kidding)

Old 10-10-2008, 03:04 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,804,646 times
lol Don't lie. There is no shame in knowing and dating a selfish braggart. We all make mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexbaud View Post
Wow!!! You found my ex's post on craigslist! (just kidding)

Old 10-10-2008, 05:43 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,657,700 times
If'n I was in the dating mode...I'd most likely pick the 7-11 chick. Why you might ask? Because she probably drinks beer. The lady in the quote probably drinks perier water and eats granola. I know what I like and she ain't it. I could care less how much money a woman makes. But if she ain't down to earth she ain't happening in my book.

Old 10-10-2008, 05:44 AM

Location: from houstoner to bostoner to new yorker to new jerseyite ;)
4,084 posts, read 12,635,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Why didn't you tell him raising his income can also get you in the desired range?
Why didn't I think of that? I should have! LOL He turned out to be a jerk in many other ways, too, though, so I can look back on it now and realize it was no great loss.

Old 10-10-2008, 05:51 AM

11,366 posts, read 24,324,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
If'n I was in the dating mode...I'd most likely pick the 7-11 chick. Why you might ask? Because she probably drinks beer. The lady in the quote probably drinks perier water and eats granola. I know what I like and she ain't it. I could care less how much money a woman makes. But if she ain't down to earth she ain't happening in my book.
DUDE, a woman can eat granola and drink beer - we just know better than to do it at the same time.

I imagine that sophisticated European woman you're marrying will open your eyes to culture, just a little. She seems like she's pretty interesting. You've done well for yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships